Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2014, 10:39 AM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times

Advertisements

No, Jesus was Not bodily resurrected.

Jesus was resurrected as a life-giving spirit- 1st Peter 3 v 18

Even Mary mistook Jesus for the gardener because she did Not recognize the resurrected Jesus.

Jesus used several different materialized bodies after he was resurrected in a spirit body. - John 21 v 4; Luke 24 vs 16 - 43
Different materialized bodies were the flesh [ physical ] they saw.

A ' physical body ' can Not appear through locked doors as Jesus did at John 20 vs 19 and 26
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 11:16 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
No, Jesus was Not bodily resurrected.

Jesus was resurrected as a life-giving spirit- 1st Peter 3 v 18

Even Mary mistook Jesus for the gardener because she did Not recognize the resurrected Jesus.

Jesus used several different materialized bodies after he was resurrected in a spirit body. - John 21 v 4; Luke 24 vs 16 - 43
Different materialized bodies were the flesh [ physical ] they saw.

A ' physical body ' can Not appear through locked doors as Jesus did at John 20 vs 19 and 26
Jesus did not use different bodies. He was physically resurrected as He demonstrated to His disciples. I just gave you the verse which proves that. He stated that He was not a spirit. The resurrected body while physical will have capabilities which the mortal body does not have.

However, consideration must be given to what extent the fact that Jesus could go unrecognized and dematerialize was due to His resurrection body or due to the fact that Jesus is God.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:20 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,933,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
The living on earth great multitude, or the living sheep on earth of Matthew 25 vs 31,32, are alive on earth Not heaven.

Angels stand around the throne [ Rev. 7 v 11 ] Not living people. God and the Lamb are located where the throne is.

Psalm 132 v 7 talks about we will worship at > God's footstool.
Isaiah 66 v 1 says heaven is God's throne, and earth is > God's footstool.

Please notice the 'sheep' of Matt. 25 vs 31,32 are alive on earth, and they are Not Jesus spiritual ' brothers' of verse 40.

Jesus talks about a ' little flock ' at Luke 12 v 32 and also having ' other sheep ' at John 10 v 16
The ' bride ' is a sealed number of those in heaven.- Rev. 14 v 1.
That ' little flock ' or smaller number is the ' sealed ' number of Rev. 7 vs 3,4,5,6,7, and 8.
Whereas it is the great multitude which [ No one can number ] according to verse 9 alive on God's footstool earth.

The sheep remain alive on earth. It is the ' brothers ' who are called to heaven.- 1st Cor. 15 v 50.
The ' brothers ' are the first fruits resurrected to heaven.- 1st Cor. 15 vs 20,23
They are ' first fruits ' having a first or earlier resurrection to heaven.- Rev. 20 v 6; 5 vs 9,10; 2 v 10
They reign as heavenly kings and priests with Jesus for a 1000 years over earth, or over earthly subjects of God's kingdom.

We do Not pray to be taken away to the kingdom, nor pray to be taken up to the kingdom, but ' thy kingdom come '.
' God's will to be done here on earth ' as it is in heaven.
There is No crime in heaven, No pollution, No violence, No sickness, No death in heaven so we are praying for those same good heavenly conditions to come to earth. - Rev. 22 v 2; 21 vs 4,5; Isaiah 25 v

Jesus' millennium-long day of reigning over earth will bring blessings to earth - Rev. 22 v 2 - starting with the living great multitude of living sheep, so to speak, who are alive on God's footstool [ earth ] - Psalm 72 v 8

~ Stop Telling me what chapters and verses say,
And Quote What Chapters and Verses Say Instead.

Old 01-28-2014, 01:08 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
~ Stop Telling me what chapters and verses say,
And Quote What Chapters and Verses Say Instead.
Can you reply back to any of the posted references otherwise it would be a very long posting.
For future reference I will only post a couple of verses for you, but it is harder to get a more comprehensive picture if one does Not open their own Bible to read for oneself out of one's own Bible in order to compare.

Do you believe earth is God's footstool ?_______ why or why not ?

Old 01-28-2014, 05:43 PM

Your commentaries for all those scriptures are not what the scriptures say.

I'm not going to quote 30 scriptures on here to prove you wrong.
Or that would be a very long posting for me.
I don't do other peoples homework for them.

If you want to show me what scripture says that you understand then you quote it to me.

Old 01-28-2014, 05:45 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatcherOH View Post
Common fallacy to believe that we, the read, get to decide what the text says. If I write love letters to my wife and in 50 years my children find the letters, read them, and each interpret its meaning differently they might ALL be wrong. Only I, the Author, get to determine it REAL meaning.

Translate that to the text of the Bible...we are ALL striving to understand the ONE True God...only HE determines both Content and Implication.
but.. each of us must have an "understanding". We all discover something within the text. So I also ask... who reads just for the words without some level of understanding? I say no one. Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. We must try to "conclude" in order to carry out.

We get to decide for ourselves. We get to test the spirits. but we should use wise council to help us. We make choices based upon our station in life... for each of us (believers) is held withing the context of our sanctification. Each of us struggle within the context of the world. Who among us has perfect insight and understanding of His word? No one... but we must conclude.

We should all reserve the right to be wrong. Iron upon iron brings the sharpness of understanding.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:01 PM

Is The Rapture Really Biblical?

Jesus Said...
"Watch Therefore And Pray Always That You May Be Counted Worthy To
Escape All These Things That Will Come To Pass And
To Stand Before The Son Of Man." - Luke 21:36

Old 01-29-2014, 08:52 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,313,737 times
[quote=Mike555;33187850]

Mike -
1 Thess. 4:[16] For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. [17] Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

In my opinion these verses are not absolutely speaking of a rapture but are absolutely speaking of the 2nd coming of Christ If the rapture takes away all the Christians, there would not be any alive who are in Christ to be caught up in His 2nd coming to rise and meet Him in the air and be with Him forever.They and all those in the faith who had died earlier will then go into the 1000 year Millenium. I agree with the Bible Answer Man [Hank Hannegraff] on this.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:52 PM

910 posts, read 1,338,356 times
It is instructive to understand that the writings of Paul are deeper in meaning than they seem. If it was not so, Peter would not have warned believers about Paul's letters. We need to be spiritually minded when interpreting the letters of Paul. Paul eventually admitted to all that he sees through a glass darkly, but a time will come when all things shall be clearer.

Folks, that time is now. This is the luckiest generation. Why do i say that? Because in our era, the Holy Spirit has manifested on earth as was promised by Jesus Christ in John 16. And Jesus himself has also manifested, but he cannot bear the old name Jesus see (Rev 3:12). When folks look up to the sky waiting for his second coming, it means that they have not been taught accurately by the Holy Spirit. God's way is always different from man's way.

The final Revelation to John the Divine show clearly that the throne of God and His Christ will be established on earth. We pray everyday for that kingdom to be established on earth, so why would God allow you to rapture to heaven, when he had from time design the earth for man to live in? What changed? The sin of Adam and Eve. Did God change his promise to man after the sin? No. He still wanted to redeem us and so, he sent his son to die for our sins.

So the end result cannot be a rapture to heaven under any circumstance.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:36 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
[quote=Robert M Prince;33234284]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

Mike -
1 Thess. 4:[16] For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. [17] Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

In my opinion these verses are not absolutely speaking of a rapture but are absolutely speaking of the 2nd coming of Christ If the rapture takes away all the Christians, there would not be any alive who are in Christ to be caught up in His 2nd coming to rise and meet Him in the air and be with Him forever.They and all those in the faith who had died earlier will then go into the 1000 year Millenium. I agree with the Bible Answer Man [Hank Hannegraff] on this.
Here's the thing however. As stated, the words 'caught up' in 1 Thess. 4:17 are a translation of the the Greek word harpazó which means to seize by force; to snatch up. The Latin translates harpazó as 'rapturo' from which we get the word rapture. 1 Thess. 4:13-17 is the rapture. It is the rapturo, the harpazó, the catching up or snatching away of the church.

When Christ returns, the church will return with Him, and all the Jews in the world will be gathered to Israel. Old Testament saints and Tribulational martyrs will be resurrected, and all Gentile survivors of the Tribulation will be judged at the judgment of the Nations (Matthew 25:32-46). The sheep (believers) will go into the earthly Millennial kingdom, and the goats (unbelievers) will go into the eternal fire.

The church has to be removed from the earth before the Tribulation can begin. The Tribulation is God's judgment on Israel and on the unbelieving Gentile nations. The church is neither one but is the bride of Christ and must be removed from the earth and be evaluated for the purpose of rewards at the judgment seat of Christ and then be wed to Christ. All of this will take place in heaven before returning with Christ at the end of the Tribulation.

The purpose of the Tribulation is to make the Jews realize that Jesus is the Messiah and ask Him to return, at which time He will. It is also to judge the Gentile
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity