Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2016, 06:11 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Not interested in false biased information from a non-credible Creationist website.
Quote:
It's clear that you don't know how to discern between credible and non-credible sites. First clue is when you see them claiming that Einstein was religious.
Quote:
Einstein expressed his skepticism regarding an anthropomorphic deity, often describing it as "naïve" and "childlike". He stated, "It seems to me that the idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I cannot take seriously. I feel also not able to imagine some will or goal outside the human sphere. My views are near those of Spinoza: admiration for the beauty of and belief in the logical simplicity of the order which we can grasp humbly and only imperfectly. I believe that we have to content ourselves with our imperfect knowledge and understanding and treat values and moral obligations as a purely human problem—the most important of all human problems."
Religious views of Albert Einstein
Quote:
LOL this does not help your case at all. Take a look at the number of scientists in the 21st Century...don't you find it interesting how short the list is compared to other Centuries? There's your first clue that it took centuries for some scientists to stop invoking god where science had yet to tread. You stop moving forward with scientific discoveries when you just stop asking questions and say god did it. We would still be thinking that we were the center of the Universe, the only Galaxy, that the Earth is at the center of all the celestial bodies (geocentric) and that everything rotated around the Earth. We would still be stuck in the days where they thought that bacteria just spontaneously generated. LOL

My question was not about how many scientists are christians...I specifically asked you to show me a link supporting this silly claim that you made.
Quote:
A great many scientists from all fields have embraced the bible and it's teachings, and are/were amazed at what was right there in front of them all along.
Now show me the links to the greatest scientists that have ever walked this earth saying that they "are/were amazed at what was right there in front of them all along". I call BS on this because any scientist who thought this way ceased to do any further research or discovery. They would have simply stopped searching and invoke god when they were at the limits of their knowledge and understanding...and believe it or not this is exactly what they did back in the god fearing days of ancient times. I challenge you to find one single scientist in the 21st Century invoking god where science has yet to tread.

We've come a long way from the Dark Ages!
You poor thing...you don't know how to discern between credible and non-credible sites. This is a pathetic site almost as pathetic as the Discovery Institute trying to post their list of ID scientists. What a backfire that was for them.

It just goes to show that there are sites out there like the ones you have linked in this post that rely on a scientifically illiterate population...which is most of the US population and in fact most of the World population. If the world was mostly full of scientifically literate people...these sites would not exist. Actually they might exist but no one in their right mind would be using them to make a point especially if they wanted to be taken seriously.

Last edited by Matadora; 03-27-2016 at 06:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 06:14 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
For the second time in 15 months I am faced with the situation where either God heals me or I die. For the third time the Veterans Administration's doctors have changed their diagnosis of my condition that was originally treated as a torn rotator and then change to rheumatoid arthritis in my neck and shoulder and now to a soft tissue disease that is eating away at my spine. My one side of the spine in my neck has been eaten to the point it is perfectly smooth that caused them to think I had surgery done on my neck but had not told them.I did loose my patience with them this week and walked out of an MRI appointment that they still want me to have

I am okay with being dead put the dying part can get pretty rough, And for that matter already has as I have pretty much lost control of my hands and am not sure how much longer I'm going to be able to post here
I'm sorry to hear of your predicament. I wish you the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Get a second opinion, and pain management. Autoimmune? Get a good nutritionist, and change your nutrition.

Sending you light and prayer.
Changing your nutrition can only benefit you. Take this advice.

Old 03-27-2016, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Changing your nutrition can only benefit you. Take this advice.
I am all for this as well. Many people don't realize how their diet is virtually killing them.

He also needs to be his own advocate against the incompetent doctors he appears to be dealing with.

We are fortunate today to be living in the world of information technology where it's easy to look up everything a persons test results reveal. That's number one...get a copy of all lab test results and go over them with a find tooth comb. Google everything the doctor prescribes, and especially everything they say about your diagnosis when compared to the lab results.

Old 03-27-2016, 06:30 PM

598 posts, read 358,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Livelystone, here's my story: I have been ill/injured numerous times in my life. I have had occasions where I prayed really hard and had my church pray for me and nothing happened. Fortunately they were not fatal conditions and I eventually got well. Then I have had conditions where I didn't utter one prayer and neither did anyone else because they didn't know my condition and I miraculously healed. Then there were a few times where I prayed and I healed and I didn't pray and I didn't heal; I am living with one such conditions--40 years of prayers and it hasn't been healed; it is a chronic condition. I have never tithed and am fairly wealthy--my worth is roughly 1.7 million. I have seen all those people on TBN and Daystar tithe and tithe and read stories of people who tithe and tithe and they die poor as church mice.

What is the lesson from all of this? Forget prayer. It doesn't work. Statistically, atheists and other religions have exactly the same rate of good outcome as Christians who are prayed for. So you're either going to die or you aren't regardless of whether you're prayed for or not. That's a fact.

This is why I converted to deism. Deism says that God certainly exists but He takes no part in outcomes as a result of prayer. That's why little kids die horrible deaths by violence, illness, and starvation regardless of prayer. What is a determining factor is not their religion but their poverty, their demographic (where they live) their environment and their genetic predisposition to certain illnesses like leukemia.

I hope you get well. And I hope you come to realize as I have that everything the church conmen have taught you from the pulpit has been mostly lies, especially this nonsense that if you pray and have faith you will be cured. That's one of the biggest lies you've been told and preacher conmen have had to cover their tracks by reverting to the excuse, "God will cure you if you get to a doctor and let him treat you." Does that make the slightest bit of sense to you? Why does God have to resort to a middle man to cure you? Maybe it's because God just doesn't get involved; it's the Dr. and your own body doing the curing and you're either strong enough to get well or you aren't and so you die. It's biology and chance, Livelystone, pure and simple and you may not like hearing this but this is the reality of the situation. You can accept it or stick your head in the sand and go on believing what you've been taught--that God is active in all this and he will cure you. Or will He? You'll either drive yourself nuts or die of the illness long before you get an answer to your questions so just accept reality and put your mind at peace in whatever time you have left.
I can understand your frustration with the clergy, I wrote in my book that if someone is going to a church where there are people who need miracles and no miracles ever happen they need to get out of this church because God is not there and is not blessing that ministry

God has mercy on whom He wants to when He wants to that may or may not include answering a prayer with supplications brought before Him. Of the three recorded supernatural events that could only be done by God and not by man that are in my blog, two of them took place long before I had returned to walking with the Lord and was in fact living large successfully smuggling a fair amount of marijuana from numerous countries South of the border. However I know God got an earful about me from my mother and father every day of their lives.

I am not in the least influenced by any clergy and other than my first 2 years back with the Lord have never had a man for a teacher of the things of God preferring to learn directly from Him and from His Holy Bible. Consequently, when I was told I had lung cancer I only called one person to ask to pray for me because I know he has God's attention. The reason I am asked him alone is because the two of us are Like minded in all aspects having to do with the things of God

This is what is meant when Jesus said for two persons to be in agreement on any one thing and make a request to God they will be given what they have asked for. Most people think the agreement is for what is being asked for but that is not true. The agreement that matters is that the two people being on the same accord with each other and with the truth, and this is why I called just one person

Fortunately and thankfully God and His mercy honored the prayer and I was miraculously saved from a terrible ordeal of fairly advanced lung cancer.

I do not lay hands on just anyone and only do so after receiving word from the Lord, However, when He tells me to pray for someone and I am obedient I have yet to see Him turning a deaf ear to my prayer. As far as what is going on now I just called my friend yesterday for the first time and one thing I do know is he will pray for me and my Father in heaven will get an earful from my friend

Will God answer it favorably, I certainly hope so but either way I am still going to praise Him and thank Him every day of my life

One more thing I know for sure................ is I very much appreciate your post and your well wishes for me

Blessings to you and to yours

Doug

Old 03-27-2016, 06:39 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Not interested in false biased information from a non-credible Creationist website.
It's clear that you don't know how to discern between credible and non-credible sites. First clue is when you see them claiming that Einstein was religious.

Religious views of Albert Einstein
LOL this does not help you case at all. Take a look at the number of scientists in the 21st Century. It took centuries for some scientists to stop invoking god where science had yet to tread. You stop moving forward with scientific discoveries when you just stop asking questions and say god did it. We would still be thinking that we were the center of the Universe, the only Galaxy, that the Earth is at the center of all the celestial bodies (geocentric) and that everything rotated around the Earth. We would still be stuck in the days where they thought that bacteria just spontaneously generated. LOL

My question was not about how many scientists are christians...I specifically asked you to show me a link supporting this silly claim that you made. Now show me the links to the greatest scientists that have ever walked this earth saying that they "are/were amazed at what was right there in front of them all along". I call BS on this because any scientist who thought this ceased to do any further research or discovery. They would have simply stopped and invoked god...and believe it or not this is exactly what they did back in the god fearing days of ancient times. You one find one single scientist in the 21st Century invoking god where science has yet to tread.

We've come a long way from the Dark Ages!
You poor thing...you don't know how to discern between credible and non-credible sites. This is a pathetic site almost as pathetic as the Discovery Institute trying to post their list of ID scientists. What a backfire that was for them.

It just goes to show that there are sites out there like the ones you have linked in this post that rely on a scientifically illiterate population...which is most of the US population and in fact most of the World population. If the world was mostly full of scientifically literate people...these sites would not exist. Actually they might exist but no one in their right mind would be using them to make a point especially if they want to be taken seriously.

Your opinion and a buck will still only get you a cup of coffee....maybe... .Peace

Old 03-27-2016, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Your opinion and a buck will still only get you a cup of coffee....maybe...Peace
I know how delusional the fundy mind is...they would not know what a fact was to save their own life.

Unfortunately for you my post is full of facts that you can't accept since because flies in the face of your personal fantasy.

Old 03-27-2016, 06:47 PM

598 posts, read 358,116 times
Quote:
I am all for this as well. Many people don't realize how their diet is virtually killing them.

He also needs to be his own advocate against the incompetent doctors he appears to be dealing with.

We are fortunate today to be living in the world of information technology where it's easy to look up everything a persons test results reveal. That's number one...get a copy of all lab test results and go over them with a find tooth comb. Google everything the doctor prescribes, and especially everything they say about your diagnosis when compared to the lab results.
I have benefitted from your posts and appreciate what you have shared with me

A little while ago I call 911 to ask what hospital they would take me to if I requested an ambulance. I told them I was going to try to stick it out and I would call them back later if I got worse but they sent the ambulance to the house anyway.

I declined to go to the hospital but the one thing that interested me that came from them was they recommended I get away from the Daytona VA that they said has a notoriously bad reputation and contact Gainesville VA hospital whom they said has a very good reputation.

I believe I'm going to do that and I am going to pursue my doctor to be held accountable for her incompetent dealings with me and her spiteful lies about me being a junkie and willing to lie to get drugs

Old 03-27-2016, 06:53 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Well, you DID say, why me, implying that....

And your circles being not kingdom circles or you wouldn't have had to ask me the question. Peace
What the heck are "kingdom circles"?

I see to have misplaced my decoder ring. I asked you the question because I wanted an answer as to why you have had all these wonderful healings but kids in cancer wards haven't. If you have no answer....just say so. If the answer involves my having to interpret a lot of mumbo jumbo disguised as religious speak...I doubt you have one.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-27-2016 at 07:03 PM..

Old 03-27-2016, 06:57 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
I know how delusional the fundy mind is...they would not know what a fact was to save their own life.

Unfortunately for you my post is full of facts that you can't accept since because flies in the face of your personal fantasy.

And I know personally how insane the carnal mind is, that prides itself on intellect in the face of spiritual reality encroaching on it's protected and exalted territory of reason. Nevertheless, as Nebuchadnezzar learned the hard way, heaven rules in the affairs of men and only fools don't realize it. I know, because I once was one. Peace

Old 03-27-2016, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Doug
Hi Doug,

Going back to your OP.
Quote:
For the third time the Veterans Administration's doctors have changed their diagnosis of my condition that was originally treated as a torn rotator and then change to rheumatoid arthritis in my neck and shoulder and now to a soft tissue disease that is eating away at my spine.
It sounds like you have an Autoimmune disorder. Those can be very difficult to diagnose as there is not a single blood test for many of these types of disorders. It's sound as if they were going through a step wise approach of eliminating the possibilities based on your symptoms. Did they give you a name for this soft tissue disease? Did they call it Polymyositis and Dermatomyositis? Or did they say it was a Connective Tissue Disease?
Quote:
I did loose my patience with them this week and walked out of an MRI appointment that they still want me to have.
I highly encourage you to go back for the MRI...this way they can most likely pin point exactly what is wrong. This is your best shot at understanding what is wrong...MRI is the best thing for you at this point if you want to understand what's wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity