Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2016, 12:31 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Ultimately - yes, I agree with that. Our will plays a part in that as well. Even in the extreme case of Paul in Acts 9, Jesus broke through to him, and Paul chose to be compliant. No one comes into the faith hating God. Would you agree?
In Paul's case, he was persecuting the church and in so doing was persecuting Christ. He would have continued if Christ had not intercepted him. Here is Paul's summation of that event:

1 Timothy 1:13-16 I, who formerly was a calumniator and a persecutor and an outrager: but I was shown mercy, seeing that I do it being ignorant, in unbelief." (14) Yet the grace of our Lord overwhelms, with faith and love in Christ Jesus." (15) Faithful is the saying, and worthy of all welcome, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, foremost of whom am I." (16) But therefore was I shown mercy, that in me, the foremost, Jesus Christ should be displaying all His patience, for a pattern of those who are about to be believing on Him for life eonian."

Paul's will was changed by God overwhelming him with faith and love in Christ Jesus.
God gave Paul faith. He overwhelmed him with faith in Christ Jesus. Otherwise, Paul would not have had faith in Christ.

And this little gem shows that those begotten by God did not do so by their will:

Joh 1:13 who were begotten, not of bloods, neither of the will of the flesh,
neither of the will of a man, but of God."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
Saved from what? Nothing realistic.
Saved from sin and death. That is pretty realistic wouldn't you say? Or are you not dying?

Old 06-02-2016, 03:20 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Whatever you say...

The second comment gives me some info about your character...
I am repeating your words. You go into the mall and women run out. You said they are intimidated by your size and that is why they run to the parking lot and lock their cars.

This must happen often enough for you to notice. You have not changed your MO because women keep running .

My character is not in question here. People have never run away from me when I go to the mall. In fact, most people respond to my smile and we say hello. I often exchange small courtesies with total strangers.

It is not what I say. It is what you have said.

Old 06-02-2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
That is rich coming from a sinner. You, a sinner, giving me tips on standing. ahahahahhahaha Awesome Eusebius.
The only One Who knew no sin, Jesus Christ has told us He died for the sins of all mankind. So you must have needed dying for and you must be a sinner or Christ need not have died for your sins.

Quote:
Do you practice meeting your Savior in the mirror? Thank you for the visual.

Jesus was not murdered for my sin. Although my kids would never believe it, I was not there.
You not being there does not disprove He died for your sins.

Quote:
If Jesus was murdered for your sins, why do you keep sinning? It seems his sacrifice was wasted when you continue sinning all of the time.
He died for all of our sins. When He returns, then I will put on immortality and incorruption.
His sacrifice was not wasted.

Old 06-02-2016, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
The only One Who knew no sin, Jesus Christ has told us He died for the sins of all mankind. So you must have needed dying for and you must be a sinner or Christ need not have died for your sins.

You not being there does not disprove He died for your sins.

He died for all of our sins. When He returns, then I will put on immortality and incorruption.
His sacrifice was not wasted.
You sin and continue to sin. You are disrespecting everything Jesus stood for. It is astonishing you claim to love Jesus.

Old 06-02-2016, 04:59 PM

595 posts, read 332,002 times
Would you be upset if God really did save all mankind?

Of course not.

Would you be upset if God did not?

probably.

I doubt this is possible, you think it is.

If I am I wrong then at most I would be pleasantly surprised.
But what if you are wrong? Would you decide God is an imposter because He will not force reality to fit your expectations?

Old 06-02-2016, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellmckain View Post
Would you be upset if God really did save all mankind?

Of course not.

Would you be upset if God did not?

probably.

I doubt this is possible, you think it is.

If I am I wrong then at most I would be pleasantly surprised.
But what if you are wrong? Would you decide God is an imposter because He will not force reality to fit your expectations?
God would be found to be a liar since He told us He "will have all mankind to be saved" (1 Tim.2:4-6) because Christ ransomed all.

Therefore, if I am wrong, God is wrong.

Old 06-02-2016, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
You sin and continue to sin. You are disrespecting everything Jesus stood for. It is astonishing you claim to love Jesus.
The sinless One told you that you are a sinner. He died for your sins. Quit acting like a 2 year old and man up to the fact that you sin and need salvation.

Old 06-02-2016, 05:39 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
The sinless One told you that you are a sinner. He died for your sins. Quit acting like a 2 year old and man up to the fact that you sin and need salvation.
Careful, Ronkon.

Eusie is about to stamp his little foot!

Old 06-02-2016, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Man up? hahahahahahaha Awesome.

Here. Allow me. Grow a vagina. It will do your allegedly Christian body good.

You disrespect the man you claim to love by endless sinning. Over and over again.

Sinning should be the hardest thing on Earth to do, yet you sin constantly. It comes easy to you as does your disrespect of Jesus.

I do not sin. Try it sometime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity