Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 01:11 PM

1,072 posts, read 1,946,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyinyourradio View Post
Remember when Montana had no daytime speed limit back in the 90's? Didn't last long, did it? wrecks were up two fold, many of whom were not even from that state. I think the same thing will happen with the marijuana laws. I think folks here in Colorado and Washington will have it axed because of the reckless behaviour that will likely result. Especially if we get a conservative republican as president in 2016, consider it done. Just think if Romney got in there this year, legalization would have already been repealed. Personally the dream of MJ becoming federally legal or at least decriminalized across the USA.. is a pipe dream.. pun intended.
Except for the fact that marijuana legalization is a reflection of the generational trend that appears across the country, not so with Montana's speed limits. Apples & oranges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 08:52 PM

30 posts, read 45,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoalimony View Post
You obviously didn't read the part where the OP said her housing budget is $500/month.

What I said was $500 to $1000.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
I'll just quickly point out that unless you OWN the top of the mountain, and no one can see you smoking there, it is illegal to smoke on top of a mountain.

(d) CONSUMPTION OF MARIJUANA, PROVIDED THAT NOTHING IN THIS SECTION SHALL PERMIT CONSUMPTION THAT IS CONDUCTED OPENLY AND PUBLICLY OR IN A MANNER THAT ENDANGERS OTHERS.

I am quite amused by the lack of awareness about what 64 really allows. For example, you can still be fired for testing positive for marijuana. You can't smoke where you can be seen. Not every town will allow marijuana to be sold. There will be *NO* legal cafes or coffee shops where you can smoke pot. And so on.

Well I came here for the education and so glad to amuse. That's not true. Actually I feel duly insulted. I hope that was your intention.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:05 PM

1,123 posts, read 3,111,930 times
To be honest I've not read anything I this thread but the title. My opinion:

The Pinnacle. If there were every a luxury tower for affluent seniors, this is it.
If there were any a public park for urban seniors, City Park is it.
If there were ever a (safe) 'red light district' for senior potheads, Colfax between York and Colorado is it.

Good luck!

Old 08-28-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Bound View Post
The best place for you would be on a desert island where you could smoke all the dope you want without consequence. The last thing this state needs are people who come aboard solely for the purpose of "legally" getting high off of marijuana.

Good grief.
Actually I'm exactly what your state needs. You probably have at least five alcoholics who drink and drive on your street all the damn time. You have thieves. You've got violent people. I am not an alcoholic, I don't use hard drugs. I am sixty years old and in excellent health and I'm bringing my job and money to spend with me. I don't drink and drive. I don't smoke and drive. I am non violent.

I've always been amazed by the audacity and arrogance of those straight people in love and married who would deny gay people the right to marry the person they love. Now I realize, I'm in much the same shoes. You can walk into a bar in Co at least six days a week. You can get drunk there and drive away and kill people on the way home, or beat your wife or molest your kids. But people are sooooo offended that someone who wants to have the same rights as a damn drunk only to a drug that's milder than an antihystamine and less deadly than common aspirin might want to move to a state where they just legalized marijuana.

What is that crazy woman thinking???? Oh I don't know. Colorado just legalized pot. It's the only recreational drug I like. What? You wanted me to wait another thirty or forty years? I don't have it!

I'm learning a lot about people here and the main thing I'm learning is that some of you need to smoke a doobie now and then. Lighten up. You're so damned upset about a little old woman smoking a joint? Seriously? Good grief indeed. Some of you encounter a bubble along the stream of life and just like that, poof, it's gone.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:20 PM

@HighPlainsRus I love you. You made my eyes water up with genuine and kind advice. I will check out everything you said here line by line.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyinyourradio View Post
Remember when Montana had no daytime speed limit back in the 90's? Didn't last long, did it? wrecks were up two fold, many of whom were not even from that state. I think the same thing will happen with the marijuana laws. I think folks here in Colorado and Washington will have it axed because of the reckless behaviour that will likely result. Especially if we get a conservative republican as president in 2016, consider it done. Just think if Romney got in there this year, legalization would have already been repealed. Personally the dream of MJ becoming federally legal or at least decriminalized across the USA.. is a pipe dream.. pun intended.

Best laugh I've had all day!!! Thank you!! A republican president in 2016. lolol

Old 08-28-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
I am personally for total legalization of marijuana. That does not mean I think it should be smoked just anywhere, any more than I would support a law allowing people to walk down the street swilling out of a whiskey bottle.

You obviously have very little actual knowledge of the situation in Colorado. There are very, very few 55+ "complexes" in this state as you would see in Florida or Arizona. The ones that do exist are way, way out of your $500/mo price range. You are not going to find a "complex" where people gather in the courtyard to smoke pot. You are not going to find cafes or coffee shops where this is allowed because those are specifically prohibited.

The majority of large towns have already passed ordinances against allowing pot to be sold at retail within their limits. The ones allowing it are taxing it heavily. You will be able to go in, buy up to one ounce (1/4 ounce if you don't live in CO), and then go home and smoke it privately. That's it.

If you really think it is worth moving here simply so you can walk into a store and buy an ounce of pot, have at it. I'm just trying to give you the full picture so you don't end up here wondering why you just uprooted yourself because you had some illusion that the entire state is going to be blowing weed in public.
As I keep saying, $500 to $1000. I saw people smoking pot every day in Redding, CA. I only thought I'd move to Colorado because it was MORE legal in Colorado. Now you say it's not, but hells bells, man it's too late. I'm already in. I'm coming to Colorado. It's not the people who've been kind here that bring me... they provide excellent information and guide me, they warm my heart and make me smile, but it's the smart asses, the pissed, the facepalming in this crowd that compel me. Ya treat me like sht. And by golly I know home when I see it. YOU are my family. I'll be home soon. See you then. If you thought you could get me to do what you wanted me to do by being rude, and dismissive to me, you were mistaken. You have to be nice to me to get me to do things you want me to do. See how that works. No. You probably don't. Oh well.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdenver View Post
I believe that's a issue of courtesy and respect for others. Yesterday I took out of town friends to the 16th Street mall and a guy walking in front of me was chomping down a cigar. In open air the smell was everywhere, so much that myself and a family next to me crossed the street to walk on the other side. Same reason people on the bus/train think there's no problem blaring music without headphones.

And I'd echo my thoughts about just making friends into other mutual hobbies and interests; hiking, biking, crafting or whatever you do. Pot probably isn't your entire life, so if you come here "just to smoke pot" you'll probably meet boring less interesting folks.

Most people who smoke recreationally aren't committing their life to it or smoking dawk til dusk. They're normal folks with well rounded lives who partake socially in moderation.
I ride my bicycle all the time. I take pictures and I am an owner of two fine high browed Chihuahuas, well one is chiweinie so he's a little low brow, but whatever. I'm just a human being that likes to smoke pot for fun and arthritis. And anyone who thinks badly of it for me is apparently having a bad week, cause really, who would be such a jackass if they weren't having a bad week?

Maybe I didn't convey my vision clearly enough. Here's what I see. I'm sitting in my friend Dawn's apartment where we can see the specific table where the tokers hang out... Then Joe and Tom show up out there and look around at the apts... we hear them "If you snooze you lose, get out here or get left out!" And I'm like "hurry Dawn, they're gonna light up without us!" And ten minutes later we're out there laughing our butts off, exchanging true stories from our past, playing dominos... the radio's on..." NOTICE: Not bothering anyone.

I took this picture of a windblown Card on my deck overlooking Table Rock Lake in Missouri back in 2007.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:37 PM

802 posts, read 984,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollie Lollie View Post
@HighPlainsRus I love you. You made my eyes water up with genuine and kind advice. I will check out everything you said here line by line.
many thanks. sounds like you do belong in CO. a little 'tude mixed with love gets us through the rough times, around obstacles, attracts friends, repels enemies and makes life interesting. hope to run into you in canon or pueblo. they can use our meager funds and strong spirits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado