Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2015, 04:11 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
No we don't. Do you really think that actual administration of contaminated doses would not have been big news? All the anti-vax gurus would be dancing in the streets.

Food poisoning can make you very sick. Some die from it.

E. Coli Outbreaks Fast Facts - CNN.com

Your child is a lot more likely to be exposed to a food borne pathogen than a contaminated vaccine.
Especially if you don't vaccinate.

Old 07-16-2015, 04:41 PM

10,228 posts, read 6,309,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
True... but we raise a lot of our own... at least until the water restrictions... still have chickens, sheep, and orchard...

The vaccine mandates are inevitable... after all... the Affordable Healthcare Act is mandatory and no... I could not keep my plan or Doctor and yes... my premium is much higher!

We are just individuals doing the best we can... unless we unite.
The ACA mandates health INSURANCE. It does not mandate you USE Health Insurance. Big Difference. Fortunately, I aged into Medicare at the right time.

HOWEVER, I have never head any of the following. You have not declared your personal care provider. You have not visited a personal care provider for your wellness visit. You are not up to date on all your FREE preventive tests. You have not submitted a claim for your free vaccinations! Not a peep from Medicare telling me I MUST do any of this in the past 2 years.

You can let a horse to water (health insurance) but you cannot force a horse to drink (health care).

Old 07-16-2015, 04:49 PM

10,228 posts, read 6,309,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
When I'm back at my regular computer I'll post my link about ingestion very injection. Till then, stuff gets absorbed from the gut as well. Otherwise, eating would do no good whatsoever.

Ever heard of food poisoning?
I certainly do because I had it. That is why I was taking that ....... CIPRO which almost caused me to loose my eyesight. Four months before my eyesight returned. Oh, but medicine SAVED me from DEATH!

That is why I said a person will never know if they have a severe reaction to ANY medication until they take it

What could have preventing it? Growing MY OWN DAMNED TOMATOES would have prevented it.

Old 07-16-2015, 04:59 PM

1,170 posts, read 1,022,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I certainly do because I had it. That is why I was taking that ....... CIPRO which almost caused me to loose my eyesight. Four months before my eyesight returned. Oh, but medicine SAVED me from DEATH!

That is why I said a person will never know if they have a severe reaction to ANY medication until they take it

What could have preventing it? Growing MY OWN DAMNED TOMATOES would have prevented it.

Old 07-16-2015, 05:07 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
You can post them but ingestion is much different than injection. With ingestion, the substance is altered during digestion and as it travels through the intestines. Injection is straight in, as is. That difference can be seen in drug use.

If we take polysorbate, for example, if ingested it is hydrolyzed (in the gut) generating polyoxyethylene sorbitan then secreted in the various ways the body excretes .

You can find more here: https://www.fsc.go.jp/english/evalua...ate_report.pdf

However, when you bypass the gut with injection, it is allowed to cross the blood-brain-barrier along with whatever is in it... Delivery of loperamide across the blood-brain barrier with polysorbate 80-coated polybutylcyanoacrylate nanoparticles. - PubMed - NCBI

That is the difference.
Then how does all that woo that you antis pitch, you know, the herbs, juices,etc that one is supposed to ingest to cure disease work? I mean if you just eliminate through your bowels, how does garlic cure strep?

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 07-16-2015 at 05:30 PM..

Old 07-16-2015, 05:09 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:

Those damned tomatoes. There is no vaccine for damned tomatoes (or e.coli for that matter).

Old 07-16-2015, 05:18 PM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Especially if you don't vaccinate.
Then you are at risk to get vaccine preventable diseases, which maim and kill at much higher rates than vaccines for them.

Quote:
Herd immunity is a pro-vaccine myth and has been debunked just by looking at the number of outbreaks in fully vaccinated people.

"But even vaccinating 100% of the population wouldn’t be enough, say scientists at the Mayo Clinic’s Vaccine Research Group, because the measles vaccine is a dud with some people, offering no protection at all, and its effectiveness wanes with others, even if they get boosters. According to Tetyana Obukhanych of Stanford University’s School of Medicine, the measles vaccine works as planned with only 25% of the population, leaving the majority of adults who have been vaccinated as children with little or no protection. Up to half of today’s cases involve adults." Junk Science Week: Vaccinating the ‘herd’ | Financial Post

Why Is China Having Measles Outbreaks When 99% Are Vaccinated? | Global Research - Centre for Research on Globalization

Besides... I don't think the health and wellness of those that cannot vaccinate ever enter a parent's mind when they chose to get vaccinated.
Tetyana Obukhanych is wrong. Two doses of measles vaccine protect most for a lifetime. Most adults do not need another dose.

On Obukhanych, a critique of her book:

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org...-vaccinations/

"Obukhanych cherry-picks her references and makes statements that she does not back up with references; that she is obviously biased and is writing for those who have decided not to vaccinate and want scientific justification for their decision; that she raises questions that she knows can’t be answered, since human trials where people are deliberately given the disease can’t be approved; that she makes unreasonable demands for perfect immunity; and that even when she raises legitimate points (vaccinated mothers have lower levels of antibodies in their breast milk than women who had the disease) she doesn’t tell the rest of the story (without vaccines, some people would never get the chance to become mothers, and as more people get vaccinated, the risk of the babies being exposed to the disease drops)."

Appeal to false authority

"In other words, Obukhanych claims to be an immunologist, but cannot even get the basic definition of her field correct. The antivaccination cult’s promoting Obukhanych’s credentials is laughable at best, and probably disingenuous at worst."

Your second link has already been debunked.

Old 07-16-2015, 05:47 PM

7,024 posts, read 4,887,277 times
Quote:

Why on earth were you taking Cipro? Anthrax scare?

Old 07-16-2015, 05:48 PM

7,024 posts, read 4,887,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky1 View Post
Anyone who would blindly give up the choice over what goes in their body is clearly misinformed, misguided and mislead. THAT IS A FACT!
Your choices end where my health begins.

Old 07-16-2015, 05:51 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Why on earth were you taking Cipro? Anthrax scare?
Cipro is commonly used as an alternative to sulfa drugs for urinary tract infections resulting from e-coli. I've taken it many times, because I am allergic to Bactrim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events