Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2018, 03:46 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
Ok sure there is one inside of Union Station there for travelers and mostly tourists. That’s it.
OK whatever - it's in DC which was my only point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2018, 08:32 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,129 posts, read 7,572,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Because he's a part of the element in D.C. that want to desperately align themselves with the NE, and erase any connection to the South no matter what the category - including historical.

He once stated that any comparison of metro Atlanta to the Washington region was an insult to D.C. There's an intense hatred of the South at play here.
???

What does specifying information about a chicken franchise have to do with alignment to anything? Anyone who is actually educated on the DC region knows and accepts the fact that it is a melting pot and we have companies and brands from many regions of the country. The DC area has companies based in regions from coast to coast with presence here. Safeway(West), Wawa (North), Wegmans(North) and 6 total Bojangles(South) each have stores around for example. It's actually the advantage of being in the geographic middle of the coast.

You guys love attention. Lol

Your final sentence is a complete falsehood, I think you're confusing me with another poster. I could care less about comparing any city to Washington DC and have never stated any of the such. I'll wait for you to quote me on that one...

Old 12-10-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
OK whatever - it's in DC which was my only point.
Yea quite honestly I don't think much of any DC residents are even aware that one Bojangles is even in existence inside the train station. I was in Union Station on Friday and didn't even see it there to be honest, not doubting it exists, but point taken. So there are 6 Bojangles (5 in PG County) in a metro area of 6+ million, 1 per 1 million not too shabby I guess.

Old 12-10-2018, 11:12 PM

10,110 posts, read 9,976,086 times
There's a Captain D's in the DC area.

Old 12-11-2018, 05:22 AM

5,826 posts, read 5,635,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Because he's a part of the element in D.C. that want to desperately align themselves with the NE, and erase any connection to the South no matter what the category - including historical.

He once stated that any comparison of metro Atlanta to the Washington region was an insult to D.C. There's an intense hatred of the South at play here.
I believe I remember that thread. Resident gives insightful commentary to the board, but like most Marylanders on here, they can have tunnel vision with how their state relates to the South...

The South isn't a foreign concept in Maryland or DC, all one has to do is spend time there, then go to New England or NYC or Upstate NY. I've seen him admit this too, but damn it was funny watching him stumble over that Bojangles segment. That was some funny ****...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
Actually, I think they want to align themselves with the Mid Atlantic states. Since they are in the middle. If the question was reversed, in other words if people tried to state the DMV was in the NE, you'd get the same reaction. Not Southern, not Northern, it belongs to the middle.
No trust me, the majority of Marylanders that post here, have a distaste for the South. This has been proven many times over here, and it has been witnessed that given the question in reverse, they take Northeast with no rebuttal...

I think we all recognize Maryland as light on southern culture, but there is an established history here of guys downplaying the visible southern culture that is there (of which isn't hard to find unless you're oblivious to things that are characteristically regional). This Bojangles thing is proof positive. Bojangles is a regional thing. There isn't one at Union Station in Philly hahahaha, and it isn't even the lone Bojangles in the region, so at minimum, it speaks to the appeal of a southern chicken joint that hasn't transcended that regionalism; Bojangles couldn't survive and open multiple operations in Maryland if there wasn't a demand...

Old 12-11-2018, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
I believe I remember that thread. Resident gives insightful commentary to the board, but like most Marylanders on here, they can have tunnel vision with how their state relates to the South...

The South isn't a foreign concept in Maryland or DC, all one has to do is spend time there, then go to New England or NYC or Upstate NY. I've seen him admit this too, but damn it was funny watching him stumble over that Bojangles segment. That was some funny ****...

No trust me, the majority of Marylanders that post here, have a distaste for the South. This has been proven many times over here, and it has been witnessed that given the question in reverse, they take Northeast with no rebuttal...

I think we all recognize Maryland as light on southern culture, but there is an established history here of guys downplaying the visible southern culture that is there (of which isn't hard to find unless you're oblivious to things that are characteristically regional). This Bojangles thing is proof positive. Bojangles is a regional thing. There isn't one at Union Station in Philly hahahaha, and it isn't even the lone Bojangles in the region, so at minimum, it speaks to the appeal of a southern chicken joint that hasn't transcended that regionalism; Bojangles couldn't survive and open multiple operations in Maryland if there wasn't a demand...
Again you may remember that thread, but most definitely he has that statement confused with another poster.

Maryland has a little bit of everything as I stated before, we are in the middle of everything we have Safeway, we have PNC bank, Wegmans, and we have 5 Bogangles in one county of the state. NC has over 300.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:47 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Again you may remember that thread, but most definitely he has that statement confused with another poster.

Maryland has a little bit of everything as I stated before, we are in the middle of everything we have Safeway, we have PNC bank, Wegmans, and we have 5 Bogangles in one county of the state. NC has over 300.
Well, let's be honest - Maryland is a small state.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:52 AM

636 posts, read 611,906 times
Richmond has Wegman's and Publix now, never thought I'd see the day.

And when I was a dc resident most def hit up the Bojangle's in Union Station regularly.

Old 12-11-2018, 07:07 AM

3,332 posts, read 3,698,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA All Day View Post
Richmond has Wegman's and Publix now, never thought I'd see the day.

And when I was a dc resident most def hit up the Bojangle's in Union Station regularly.
I never knew there was one. The last time I saw one was in Atlanta. Never ate one before.

Last edited by Ebck120; 12-11-2018 at 07:16 AM..

Old 12-11-2018, 07:46 AM

110 posts, read 114,290 times
Quote:

Bojangles was founded in North Carolina. I makes since that they would have a lot of locations in North Carolina. Also, I do not think Virginia or Maryland are southern, but the fact that Prince George's County has a majority African American population is linked to the South. There are not any counties north of Maryland with a majority African American population. That is what is special about the Mid-Atlantic though. It combines Northeast with the Southeast. Also, 5 Bojangles locations is a lot for one county. Henrico County only has 2.

Last edited by Magicstar1; 12-11-2018 at 07:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.