Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2009, 11:22 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by Tin Knocker
Quote:
That is relevant how?
Because the grandchildren of the Israelis do to the Palestenians what the Nazis did to the Jewish grandparents.

Quote:
You are a silly man. The Jews did nothing to Germany, hitler or the German people. However, radical Muslims have killed Americans, destroyed American interests & attacked us on our own soil.
The American CIA operatives who conducted the torture obeyed their government the same way the Nazis obeyed theirs.
You're silly to believe that soldiers cannot be held responsible for their own actions.

Quote:
To say otherwise would be to say that ALL Germany was culpable since the entire country was involved in their war effort.
Germany was indeed held responsible, but only the millitary leaders were trialed. Every German who cooperated with the Nazis should have been on trial on principle but this would haven been impossible.

Quote:
Why couldn't they defend themselves?
Because you were defensless maybe?
LoL I guess answering your questions is no use, because ya have ta be spoon-fed everything.

Quote:
Awesome of them to say they are sorry.
It is.
The American government could never do the same simply because once they admitted that they were wrong they would've been sued into bankruptcy by the aggrieved parties (and their lawyers).
But I guess suing is just the American way.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:58 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Because the grandchildren of the Israelis do to the Palestenians what the Nazis did to the Jewish grandparents.
The above has no relevance to the topic of this thread.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
But I guess suing is just the American way.
Non sequitur

Old 03-03-2009, 02:57 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Some one has suggested that they , as a non US citizen, are qualified to sit in judgement of our Constitution, because the US Government exports itself to other countries. While that may be it is totally irrelevent to our individual rights a US citizens. I, personally, do not see eye to eye with the Federal Governments policies, yet that incessant buzzing says that since the Feds meddle in other countries that common citizens rights here are subject to foriegn scrutiny.. And why on Earth should folks like me care a fart in a high wind about UN policy? I HATE the UN with a passion. Bunch of sniveling whiners with their hands out for my tax dollars is all that body is. Our Costitution is just fine as is thanks.

Old 03-03-2009, 03:03 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,415,423 times
Quote:
Quote:
Why couldn't they defend themselves?
Because you were defensless maybe?
LoL I guess answering your questions is no use, because ya have ta be spoon-fed everything.
Ok, I'm sorry that was over your head. I assumed, wrongly, that you would understand how utterly stupid it is for a person in your position to NOT recognize the difference an armed citizenry can make.

Quote:
Because the grandchildren of the Israelis do to the Palestenians what the Nazis did to the Jewish grandparents
Why must you lie & exagerate? Must really suck to be so intellectually bankrupt you need to stoop to this level. Whats going on between the Isreali's & Gaza has nothing in common with Hitler & the Jews at all. I dont think Israel is conquering all of the mideast & killing all the Arabs. They want & faught for one little chunk of desert.

Quote:
It is.
Actually, unless they restored you in your homeland its pretty meaningless. Cant even wipe your butt with an apology.
You dont think you are owed more than that? No wonder you are content to be a serf. You sure deserve no better.

Old 03-03-2009, 03:17 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,066,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Starting to look like the realization that DC is incapable of legislating itself within the limitations of our constitution is sinking in. The Senate has already decided your gun ban, the current one, is unacceptable, hopefully the house will follow suit. Maybe if you dont like or are afraid of the level of liberty & freedom in America you can go somewhere more to your liking. I bet Tricky D would put you up in Holland for awhile. They have places you can go smoke things that will let you think you are still a free man.
Isn't going to happen.

Old 03-03-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Isn't going to happen.
NEVER, say NEVER

Old 03-03-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Its not stored if its kept for protection Sparky. I thought your law required they be unloaded & locked or disassembled.
Whats need got to do with it anyway? Your opinion is foolhardy, unless theres been a rash of crime & mayhem since your law got trashed the obvious truth is you needlessly support restrictive laws just to feel good. Must be some kinda power freak fetish thing.
You should try harder to keep up on your reading.

Quote:
I store my guns unloaded & dont load a gun I'm hunting with until I get in the field, but that by no means every gun I own is unloaded.
You may have forgotten but I dont care what you think the military does in regards to firearms.
I understand that Joe Six Pack always knows best.

Old 03-03-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
In DC perhaps. Not Phoenix
Not a great surprise to me that Phoenix is lawless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
OBTW: Troops in Afganistan and Iraq keep their weapons "at the ready" (loaded) at all times including Mess and went they hit their racks
Link?

Old 03-03-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Link?
Talk to the troops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates