Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2012, 09:39 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
These are all articles about how immigration would help the US economy.
Again, the problem is illegal immigration. It's sad you want to continue being so decietful in your arguments here.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:41 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,319 times
Quote:
I know conspiracy theories abound from those who want to explain and justify their dislike of some population of people.

For conservatives conspiracies about special privileges that the groups of people they don't like receive from the government are very, very common and both serves the conservative need to find an enemy that is destroying the nation and justifies their hatred of the government that serves those people.

If someone is against illegal immigration, and they support legal immigration then logically that person should support greatly expanding legal immigration to get more of the immigration they like and less of the immigration they don't like.

So do you support greatly expanding legal immigration?
Conspiracies vs. facts and a comprehension failure.

I don't think we need to expand the number of legal immigrants allowed to enter the US.

I think we need to enforce the laws as they apply to illegals. Secure our borders and if an illegal is caught, deport.

If your idea of expanding legal immigration is to open the doors to everyone and anyone who wants to cross over to the US - no I don't support it. There are reasons why limits are put in place on the number of immigrants allowed from different countries to enter the US. Or do you think those limits should be removed and make it a "come one, come all" process and drop the legal immigration process and do away with laws that apply to those who enter the US illegally? I guess you want to remove the words legal and illegal and just refer to free entry as immigration.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:42 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Well this thread is now in the illegal immigration subsection.
Immigration vs illegal immigration are two different topics.

This thread deals with the latter while you keep insisting on the former.

Pray tell how many of the illegals coming from Mexico, for example, would qualify under the H1-B or H2-B visas ?
There are many government programs that allow people to come here and work. The key though is education and skill.
The illegals don't have that. They are poor and uneducated.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:55 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
What you presented is a straw man fallacy.

Instead of responding to my assertion that Illegal Immigrants are criminals, you bring up other seemingly marginal crimes that have no relationship to violating a sovereign country's borders.

Are you a product of the government school system? Google the following terms: rationale, logic, and reasoning, then get back to me.
No what I presented is reality. We don't refer to everyone who breaks this nation's laws as criminals and I supplied examples of this nation's laws that are routinely broken and in which people are not considered a criminal for breaking.

I did read your assertion. I think you need to read the US immigration law. Illegal immigration isn't even by itself considered a criminal infraction. It is a civil one.

The crimes we think are the most serious are considered felonies why isn't "illegal" immigration?

Old 08-21-2012, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
What did I say in my previous post? Certainly not what has been deflected here.
What is culture to you? & what is loosing it?

We'll trust your lips to Gods ears.

There are no benefits.
Like one poster said it was good during the industrial revolution of the 1800's since our economic base was expanding and has not reached full capacity & there was lots of work available. We were a new & young nation. Global population growth was a lot lower than what it is now.

Currently there are too many people on the planet. Over 6billion to use depleting natural resources. The math doesn't add up to support all these people. Yet you want to expand more people into our country.

We import many natural resources. One mainly oil which is the blood of this economy. This is coming from many countries that don't particularly like us. If that dries up we are screwed.

There is no benefit to added more people in our long line of legal immigration.
You literally wrote nothing new to me in this post. No facts, and just incoherency.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
No what I presented is reality. We don't refer to everyone who breaks this nation's laws as criminals and I supplied examples of this nation's laws that are routinely broken and in which people are not considered a criminal for breaking.

I did read your assertion. I think you need to read the US immigration law. Illegal immigration isn't even by itself considered a criminal infraction. It is a civil one.

The crimes we think are the most serious are considered felonies why isn't "illegal" immigration?
Why do they come here as illegals ? They could apply for H1-B or H2-B visas yet they don't.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No. It has nothing to do with a nation. I'm against letting poor, uneducated people applying to come here and jump on the social welfare bandwagon.

Get rid of ALL the social welfare programs so that every person must earn their way in life and then you can open the borders to all. That's my stand on immigration.

The only entitlement programs would be SS and medicare, both of which workers pay into.
Yes, the nation of origin is important.

Social security and medicare and military benefits are the largest social welfare programs around.

So you aren't against social welfare programs because you support the largest ones that the US government has. So I don't know what social welfare programs you propose to get rid of, oh yeah you want to get rid of those social welfare programs that you believe benefit the groups of people you don't like.

Typical conservative all for huge government spending except for government spending on what they believe to be the wrong kinds of people.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:06 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,664,523 times
Quote:
You literally wrote nothing new to me in this post. No facts, and just incoherency.
Fail

Old 08-21-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
You sure are dense, aren't you?

It isn't the ORIGIN of the immigrant that is important, it is the SKILL and VALUE of the immigrant to the United States, regardless of the origin. It's why we have tons of Indians, etc. coming to the United States with no problem to work in the tech and medical fields.

Illegals tend to not have any skill that is in demand.... other than a willingness to work hard for cheap for unscrupulous employers.

Flooding the United States with millions of poor people from ANYWHERE is NOT A BENEFIT.

I'm sorry if you might have some sort of ethnic affinity with the geographical origin of the majority of illegal immigrants in this country. That, however, is your personal problem.
Yes it is the origin and the perceived skill and value different people from different nations bring.

Again, economists disagree with your thinking.

I know the reality of the economic benefits of immigration defeats your emotional justification for why you hate immigrants, but it is what it is.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Yes, the nation of origin is important.

Social security and medicare and military benefits are the largest social welfare programs around.

So you aren't against social welfare programs because you support the largest ones that the US government has. So I don't know what social welfare programs you propose to get rid of, oh yeah you want to get rid of those social welfare programs that you believe benefit the groups of people you don't like.

Typical conservative all for huge government spending except for government spending on what they believe to be the wrong kinds of people.
Get rid of the freebie social welfare programs that promote dependency on the government.

How many poor uneducated illegals would bother coming here if there were no welfare programs to give them money ? If poverty in the US were the same as poverty in other countries then we'd see a lot less poor coming here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration