Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2007, 12:47 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,200,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinasgt2005 View Post
I don't believe our government will ever "Solve" the illegal immigration problem. It all comes down to money. The big businesses that contribute to the hiring of illegal immigrants are giving government officials kickbacks to look the other way. Oh yeah, let me stress this is MY opinion. No facts on that..
We, who are against illegal immigration, will never be convinced that it is okay. We feel strongly that our way of life is changing and not for the good. We believe that all people are accountable for their actions. If you break the laws of this country you are punished.( except if your are an illegal immigrant.) This country has overlooked the first law that illegals of broken and that is Illegal Entry. The pro-immigration group can not be swayed either they do not believe there is anything wrong with uncontrolled immigration. This issue will be the cause of this countries division. It is not about North or South as in the Civil War it is about legal or illegal. I have a feeling that legal will eventially win.
Money talks and BS walks as the say goes!

Old 10-09-2007, 01:03 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimmigrant View Post
To the people who believe that immigrants are ruining America,( by not paying taxes, taking jobs from Americans, going to the hospital because they are sick, or just trying to find a better life, etc). - How about the ones trying to make a difference in their country, or paying taxes, or helping the American people? Well, how come not many see the difference in this, and just lump us all together in one category? Those of you who are against immigrants should realize that we are not all the same, but a group of people with different perspectives. By the way, just because we are immigrants does not mean out life goal is to become your nanny or gardener.
Immigrants aren't ruining this country. ILLEGAL aliens are. Which are you? If you are illegal, go home now. We don't want you here.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:05 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,149,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I am led to suspect that hospitals have a very good idea who is illegal and who is not. They are not permitted to talk about it, but that does not mean they don't have the information. When all the expenses of treating Ms. X are added up and the total is sent to the Billing Department, this is where the rubber meets the road. If Ms. X has given no SS#, a false SS# or a stolen SS#, at this point, I think it is reasonable to assume this individual is here illegally. There will be people who will continue to say that is not sufficient proof, but it would be sufficient for many.
When an illegal alien comes in for care, let's say delivery of a baby and they either give no information or misleading information, the chances that the hospital will be reimbursed for care provided are poor. Why should this make people angry? When enough illegal aliens skip out on their medical bills the hospital can eventually collapse under the weight of unreimbursed care. Or if it does manage to say open the price is paid in other ways. If the hospital budget is hemorrhaging cash, maybe the nurses or cafeteria workers won't be able to get the raise they were promised. A hospital can afford to provide a certain amount of charity care each year, when this amount is used to cover the bills of illegals then deserving Americans cannot be given a break on their health care expenses.
A hospital filled with Americans of hispanic heritage who pay their bills does not have a problem. One overrun by illegal immigrants does. IMO, people have every right to be angry about this.
God yes. I'm furious about it; illegals are fleecing county services and it ends up costing people who have the RIGHT to be here. It's disgusting.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:27 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,323,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
God yes. I'm furious about it; illegals are fleecing county services and it ends up costing people who have the RIGHT to be here. It's disgusting.
And our great president is doing absolutely nothing to see that the laws are enforced. He is very pro illegal immigrant.

Actions speak louder than words.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:33 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
And our great president is doing absolutely nothing to see that the laws are enforced. He is very pro illegal immigrant.

Actions speak louder than words.
Not true - the guest worker program is actually a fair idea - solving a number of different issues

Sending the Guard to the border -

Speeding up the installation of the fence along the border (which is cranking right along - saw some of it last week)

No, the POTUS is doing a lot - I think the problem is that there is a lack of will in the Congress to really do anything - the POTUS cannot do what needs to be done without the Congress actions

Old 10-09-2007, 02:40 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
I couldnt get past the guest worker program.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:44 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,200,161 times
They have to seal up the border first! Lets have "comprehensive" border security!!!!!

Old 10-09-2007, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I couldnt get past the guest worker program.
I feel Bush is not doing everything he has the power to do to help eliminate illegals in this country. Were you agreeing or disagreeing with the other poster? LOL

Old 10-09-2007, 02:46 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
I feel Bush is not doing everything he has the power to do to help eliminate illegals in this country. Were you agreeing or disagreeing with the other poster? LOL
Oh sorry, I dont like the guest worker program. And NO he is not!! Sometimes i wonder who he is working for.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Not true - the guest worker program is actually a fair idea - solving a number of different issues

Sending the Guard to the border -

Speeding up the installation of the fence along the border (which is cranking right along - saw some of it last week)

No, the POTUS is doing a lot - I think the problem is that there is a lack of will in the Congress to really do anything - the POTUS cannot do what needs to be done without the Congress actions
Please read: Border Fence Construction Not Moving Fast Enough for Rep. Hunter - Yahoo! News (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration