Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2016, 08:22 AM

35,071 posts, read 17,014,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
^ this

Here on Long Island we have tons of illegal immigrants from Ireland and Eastern Europe (aka the former USSR) but yet whenever people speak against illegal immigration it's always about Hispanics (whom these bigots lump together as "Mexicans"). I have long suspected that only reason illegal immigration became the issue it is is due to the fact the most are Hispanic. If they were all Irish, Ukranian, or Polish you can bet your life it wouldent even be an issue.
I have no problem with Hispanics. The next town to me, Port Chester, has lots of them and I frequent their restaurants where few other whites eat.

That being said I want immigrants to become Americans. Learn English. Get a job or start a business. If they come here I want them to be part of us, not trying to recreate the hellholes from which they come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2016, 08:48 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
More nonsense from the pro-illegal with a victim mentality. We want "all" illegals gone. For the umpteenth time the focus is on Mexicans and other Latino illegal aliens because they are here by far in the largest numbers illegally. Nothing bigoted about it. Facts aren't bigotry. Illegal immigration has been an issue in the last 20 years because it has accelerated to intolerable numbers. We are starting to really feel the negative impact of it by loss of jobs, increased taxes, reduced wages and crowded conditions in our schools, jails and hospitals. We are hearing more Spanish being spoken especially here in the southwest than we are English. I suggest the one with the victim mentality put their race card back in their wallet.

Old 02-06-2016, 09:29 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
I believe that America must reform its immigration polices and that illegals should be sent home.

I wonder if the right wing immigration zealots also seek to enforce the law with Eastern Europeans who make a mockery of our immigration laws. I have lots of Eastern European friends and ALL, yes, ALL, of them have a family member that is doing something shady and underhanded with our immigration system...paying for marriage, filing false petitions, etc.

I think that not only should we be hard on the Latinos and the Muslims but also on the cheating Russians and other Eastern Euro criminals.

What do you think?
Look around you. Every first world country has been invaded by poor from a third world country.
You think that's all "by coincidence" ?

Old 02-06-2016, 10:15 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Agree. They say we need them because we aren't replacing our own population. After paying for the illegals, we can't afford to have our own children. Our kids equal financial liabilities and the anchors are financial assets to their parent(s), most often parent. Imagine when 4 families with 5 kids each live in a 2 bedroom, not a bad income especially when they hit all the charitable activities set up for citizens, like the homeless, disabled and elderly.

Not recently; but for many years we were told that we were the most productive nation in the world. We were also told to not produce offspring, to live within our means, to save the planet from overpopulation and all the problems that come with just too many.

Then there was a shift. Maybe it started in the 1970's? But by the time we hit the 1990's we were just lazy Americans that could not wipe our butts. By then we needed the then 'productive' third would nations to save our lazy hinny's. I don't know if this was globalization, one world order stuff, Illuminati, House of Rothschild or any of the groups that we need to protect ourselves with tinfoil hats. Something definitely happened that made our politicians their politicians - they no longer worked for the people that put them in office. It could have just been the big money of special interest (that, at one time, everybody acknowledged was the devil incarnate).

I also acknowledge that it could have been partially our fault by spoiling our kids. Buy, I don't think so. We created a system that rewards cooperate America to import and train immigrants. It does nothing for the immigrants that are already here or Americans.

We send our Armed Forces half way around the world to protect our Country and we cannot and will not protect our own border! We should not even have a military with what we are doing now!

Old 02-06-2016, 10:45 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Here on Long Island we have tons of illegal immigrants from Ireland and Eastern Europe (aka the former USSR) but yet whenever people speak against illegal immigration it's always about Hispanics (whom these bigots lump together as "Mexicans"). I have long suspected that only reason illegal immigration became the issue it is is due to the fact the most are Hispanic. If they were all Irish, Ukranian, or Polish you can bet your life it wouldent even be an issue.
Don't think that's true for a minute. US citizen tradesmen know European and Eastern European illegal immigrants are undercutting them for jobs. That's a huge problem in the Chicago area, as well.

Illegal is illegal, period. Illegal immigrants are of all races/ethnicities, and come here from all over the world.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:47 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Of course they should ALL be deported. It's only left wing zealots who try to make it racist (as usual) and claim (lie) that conservatives only want hispanics deported. Kick out the illegal Swedes, Brits and Canadians along with the illegal Mexicans.
Yep, and in so doing, it's the left wing-nuts who expose themselves as the racists they are.

Old 02-06-2016, 11:16 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
And as you are well aware the US population favors a route to citizenship and has for many years.

In U.S., 65% Favor Path to Citizenship for Illegal Immigrants

But beat that dead horse some more.

a poll is just a sampling of some people. I can come up with a poll that will have people making O2 illegal to have or breath, making government illegal and forcing everyone to own and have on hand a misnamed liberal assault weapon.

it is just how the poll is worded.

Old 02-06-2016, 03:04 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
a poll is just a sampling of some people. I can come up with a poll that will have people making O2 illegal to have or breath, making government illegal and forcing everyone to own and have on hand a misnamed liberal assault weapon.

it is just how the poll is worded.
The language of the poll is known and accessible and has been the same for ten years or so. Over that period the support for a path to legality has slightly grown.

And even the poll cited really comes to about the same conclusion...only about a quarter of the US population supports full scale deportation.

And that is really the problem. To launch any large initiative in the US you need to get support for it up above two thirds and above 75% if you wish to modify the Constitution.

So this is the proverbial dead horse with full support only from a minority. The group may well be big enough if the question is asked properly to prevent any change of status. So the best the antis will be able to do is maintain the status quo which may well lead to further growth of the illegal population.

Old 02-06-2016, 05:38 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Entering the US without authorization is a crime as is harboring an illegal alien. That's the bottomline.

It will be a slam dunk. I suspect we can confiscate the property once the illegal is apprehended and deported. I would just make my plans now to go back where I came from. Of course, I'm not sucking the public assistance teat.

Old 02-06-2016, 06:09 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Truth and you guys never mix. How about a study of the costs from a conservative think tank?

The Budgetary and Economic Costs of Addressing Unauthorized Immigration: Alternative Strategies | Research | American Action Forum

or a view from Forbes...

Forbes Welcome

But you guys know that if you just click your heels they will vanish. Start clicking.

I keep saying this: Why should we have a military if we cannot protect our own borders? Our Nation is under attack by many foreign nations and we do nothing. Why even have a government if they do not carry out their primary objective to protect and serve? What is happening now is a total failure of government's primary commitment.

Of course there will be studies by rich companies that point out the pitfalls - but most Americans are not rich companies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration