Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 01:34 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,563,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesBlessed View Post
Ten years from now this country will be an even bigger melting pot and almost EVERYONE will be brown and those who are not of "dark skin" will be viewed as the "others" similar to how you all view the Mexican's now. Well see how you all like it when you are holding signs for your freedom
It sounds like it could be problematic...but I bet at LEAST we'll have some interesting cuisine to 'tide us over' between riots...

I have a problem, though...what about today's 'dark-skinned' anti-illegals? 10 years from now, will they find themselves forgiven? Or will they continue to bear the burden of their past actions, and continue to be ostracized from 'dark' society, and disparaged as being 'no better than the 'others' (light-skinned 'outsiders')?

I have several shades of coloration in my own family. What advice can you offer me as to how to cope with the changes coming in 10 years? Is there anything I, or my loved ones, should be doing now, to prepare?

Old 01-17-2010, 02:01 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,308,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Isn't Sweden where we got the whole buffet/smorgasbord idea from ?
The concept, maybe. But the contents of their smorgasbord are still disgusting. Swedish food is mostly nasty, with a few exceptions. I personally am not a fan of jellied fish of any kind, dried fish of any kind, pickled fish of any kind, all served with boiled potatoes or cabbage, etc. Their pastries and jams are delicious and Swedish meatballs are terrific but the rest of it is vomitous, at least to me.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:22 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,326,956 times
Quote:
Ten years from now this country will be an even bigger melting pot and almost EVERYONE will be brown and those who are not of "dark skin" will be viewed as the "others" similar to how you all view the Mexican's now. Well see how you all like it when you are holding signs for your freedom
Really? And just how do you propose that most everyone is going to be "brown"? This is about illegal aliens whom Mexicans just so happen to be here in the highest numbers so what do you mean by "others"?

We will be holding signs for freedom? Please explain. You're not making any sense here.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:23 PM

807 posts, read 1,303,690 times
Quote:
Oh yes.. California is a shining example of the "diversity" brought upon by a massive influx of Illegal aliens.. That convenience store/gas station that used to have Middle Eastern Family owners have been replaced by illegal alien workers, that 16 year old African American high school student trying to pay for college by working at McDonalds' has been replaced, as has those construction workers that ranged from ALL ethnic groups..

Your statement completely contradicts itself by stating that the country will be an "even bigger melting pot" but yet almost EVERYONE will be brown.. Doesn't sound like much of a melting pot to me.. Actually quite the contrary.. Sounds like diversity will decline in your vision of utopia..

Old 01-17-2010, 06:33 PM

640 posts, read 1,732,812 times
Um guys, ShesBlessed is a racist, pure and simple. Nothing to see here. She also seems to have a very papable hatred and inferiority complex when it comes to white people in particular. Just don't acknowledge her.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:40 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,440,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueseas123 View Post
Um guys, ShesBlessed is a racist, pure and simple. Nothing to see here. She also seems to have a very papable hatred and inferiority complex when it comes to white people in particular. Just don't acknowledge her.
I noticed that right away.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:05 AM

257 posts, read 408,015 times
You mean if the immigrants were easy on the eyes, would people complain about them being here? I don't think so. In fact, most Americans would probably want to mix with them.

The fact basically all illegal Mexicans look dirty, have jet black hair and brown eyes, does not help Americans disliking them. Humans are visual creatures. People don't want to see ugly things.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:18 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,047,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Of course not....YOU know me better than that! My post isn't stating what "I'd" be saying.....it's a hypothetical guess as to what "we'd" be saying..."we", meaning our racist, xenophobic American society, alluded to by the OP; a society of cretins whose only judgement about the desirability of a group is based on the color of their eyes and hair...(I'm surprised she didn't mention skin color)....you know, "us"...not me, not you....but "us"...that great group of nativists out there who make up the demographic known as 'typical' Americans.

You and I are intelligent people...we think, we exchange ideas, we listen to each other....but then, neither one of us is really 'typical', either...(or at least that's what the OP seems to imply).

Thank you for clarifying macmeal. I was embarassed to ask but sometimes your posts are not all that clear. Your style is very sarcastic for the most part and it is not always clear who you represent. In this post, it was not clear that you were representing that particular group.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:26 AM

257 posts, read 408,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
If they're illegal, they're illegal - hair and eye color notwithstanding.
Oh please.

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/...hotblondes.jpg

If women who looked like that flooded the country, no one in the country would complain. No one. In fact, many would see it as desirable.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:52 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,047,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
That’s funny. Previously, Janet Murguia advocated for a reduction, if not a moratorium, on immigrants from Africa. Don’t request a link. Her letter has been deleted from the NCLR website.
You dont have to post the letter. I read her request on line too and I remember feeling upset and disgusted with the letter and with her too. My perception of her has changed since then. I did a formal complaint and with all honesty, I dont think she should is the right person to be leading the NCLR.

Maybe she doesnt know anyone who is in the country illegally or is trying to come legally from an African country. I do. I know that if it is difficult from for someone from an Asian country or from Latin American, it is twice or three times more difficult for someone from Africa. So, when I read the letter, I was in shock and disbelief. I feel the same toward Gutierrez who belonged to the other La Raza (RUP), a very racist organization, imo.

However, we both know people on both sides that are xenophobes. There are people who have stated they want "Mexicans removed to replace Haitians". That is an ethnically motivated statement. We should not be removing any specific ethnicity to replace anyone. The most compassionate thing to do at this time is just support our Haitian community that is already here...period.

So there are xenophobes on both sides...That doesnt stop us from supporting what we believe is right. I confess that I dont always like everything that is proposed on the pro side or every action I see on this side. It doesnt matter who presented the proposal to the senate, I will still support it or I will support what I like about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The ONLY reason La Raza has publicly advocated for TPS status for Haitians, is due to their amnesty agenda for illegal Hispanics. They are hoping this tragedy will somehow expedite so-called immigration reform. Watch. As the drug violence escalates in Mexico, they will advocate for a halt on deportations to Mexico. There is absolutely no altruism involved; it’s purely agenda-driven.

Haiti devastation could speed immigration debate | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times
I am very happy that our government made the decision to activate TPS status for Haitians. TPS however, has been part of our policy for a number of years. Immigration Reform is something completely different and needs to be viewed as such. People who think TPS for Haitians will speed up the process for Immigration Reform, I would say are wrong. I dont think it will be a fast speed to legalization, at all.

The drug war is not an excuse. I personally have not heard an illegal immigrant stating they will not return because of the drug violence. I suppose there are people making such claims. However, I assume that their only means of communication is what they see and hear on TV and radio news. Those of us that have been to Mexico a number of times, know the truth. This past year, different members of my family, including myself, visited Mexico at least six times. This year I will be going in March and have family and friends that will visit as well in the next couple of months. We feel safe just. Its a matter of being safe...being at the wrong time and wrong place is not being safe at all. Most of the violence happens at the border and it is almost always among people who are involved in the drug trade. So if I hear such comments, I would say, they simply are misinformed people. Our government will not buy that excuse either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration