Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 05:04 PM

36 posts, read 96,112 times

Advertisements

There is another book besides the Koran that the Muslims believe to be inspired of Allah. Just up front I'm not making these up. I'll quote where they came from in the "Hadith".

1 Muhammad was afraid that evil spirits might enter his body whenever he urinated or deficated. (Vol.1, no 144)
2. Muhammad was a Shaman who controlled the Jinn, i.e., the spirits who lived in the rocks, water and trees. By the way he said that they ate dung and bones for food. (vol1, no. 740; vol 5, no. 199)

3. When the Meccans asked Muhammad to do a miracle to prove that he was Allah's prophet, he supposedly reached up with his sword and cut the moon in half. (symbol cressent moon.) (vol.4, nos. 830, 831, 832.; vol 5, nos 208,209,210, 211.; vol 6. nos. 387,388,389,390).
4. Shouting Foods; food would shout out loud and glorify Allah as Muhammad ate it. (vol.4. no 779)

5. Gabriel (an angel) opened Muhammad's chest and washed his insides with Zam-Zam water. He took wisdom and faith and poured them into his chest and then closed it up. (vol.1, no. 345)
6. No Muslim should be killed for killing an infidel (non-believers). (vol.4, no 283; vol. 9 no 50) What ever happened to the "fragging" incident at the beginning of the war in Iraq, where a U.S. soldier who happened to be a Muslim, threw granades into his fellow soldiers tents because he didn't want them to fight fellow Muslims?

Last edited by whitelite; 02-12-2007 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: mistakes in spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2007, 05:10 PM

355 posts, read 842,647 times
What do you prove by picking and choosing verses of the Quran and applying them beyond their context?

You are aware of how cruel God wanted the Israelites to be towards those whom they disagreed or flat out wanted to exterminate. I vividly recall Dinah and how her brothers killed a town full of innocent people because one man harmed her. Wow, Christians must be wack jobs for believing in that .

Old 02-12-2007, 05:21 PM

Default More Hadith

1. Muhammad ordered people to drink camel urine mixed in camel milk as a medicine...YUM. (vol. 1, no 234)
2. If a fly falls into your cup, don't not worry about it because Muhammad said that while one wing has the disease, the other has the antidote. (So drink up! (vol 4, no. 537)(

3. Muhammad said that the stars were created by Allah as missiles to throw at the devils. --Astronomers should be interested in this doctrine, they've gotten it wrong all these years. (vol 4 chapter 3 page 282):
4. According to Muhammad the angel Gabriel has 600 wings.---not a pretty picture if you imagine him trying to fly. (vol.6, no. 380).

5. According to Muhammad, Satan urinates into the ears of those who fall asleep during prayers. Ear plugs anyone? (vol.2, no 245)
6. According to Muhammad the prophet if you commit the sin of passing wind through the anus while you are engaged in prayer, Allah will not hear your prayers! Why would Allah be offended by the natural smells of the body, or would the sound drowned out your petition? (nol.2, no 628; vol. 9 no 86):

7. This will be the last one; According to Muhammad the prophet of Allah, the souls of the martyrs are in the bodies of green birds dwelling in paradise wherever they like (vol.1, p. xxxviii). If this is true, I don't understand how these "green birds" will be able to enjoy all those beautiful women in sexual pleasures in paradise?

Old 02-12-2007, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
What do you prove by picking and choosing verses of the Quran and applying them beyond their context?

You are aware of how cruel God wanted the Israelites to be towards those whom they disagreed or flat out wanted to exterminate. I vividly recall Dinah and how her brothers killed a town full of innocent people because one man harmed her. Wow, Christians must be wack jobs for believing in that .

Interesting you bring that up. God didn't tell them or want them to do that. So don't blame God. Brothers defended their sister. It was recorded, but was never told by anyone to follow. Lot's of bad things like 9-11 happen, but in Islam it's commanded.

What suras did I take out of context? War, execution, beating, fight and slay non-believers.
If you don't agree with me. Quote the Koran and prove me wrong. Otherwise this is just an opinion without bases.

Old 02-12-2007, 05:37 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,987,857 times
Default Allah is not Jehovah

Muslims claim that Allah is the God of Abraham and the Bible. Yet, if Allah was a pagan deity who predates Islam, that claim is bluntly exposed as false.
Archeology and ancient records show that Allah was the Moon god who was married to a sun goddess and had three goddess daughters.

This pagan cult of Allah existed into the first centuries after Christ. The Moon-god Allah was still part of a pantheon of pagan gods, 360 of them, and he was considered the 'chief' god. Ironically enough, the actual name of Allah before his Muhammed promotion was "Sin", but his title was "al-ilah" which means "the deity". It was shortened to "allah" before Islam was born and used to describe the moon god in pre-Islamic times.
Even Mecca was originally built for the moon-god Allah as a shrine.
The name "Allah" was even used in general names, like Muhammed's father and his uncle. This is before Muhammed has his "Gabriel" revelations (and even Muhammed said he thought it was demons speaking to him).
Islam is just a restructuring of the ancient moon-god cult. It has taken the same symbols (Crescent Moon for one), the rites, the ceremonies, and the name of the pagan moon-god to craft the modern religion.
Even the 9th century Christian scholar, Abd al-Masih al -Kindy wrote that the followers of Islam (then new) got their conception of Allah from the Sabeans, a pagan Arabian tribe. That god wasn't the God of the Bible whose scriptures both new and old had already existed for centuries at this point, but the moon-god and his daughters al-Uzza, al-Lat and Manat.
In pre-Islamic literature, the term for a god in general was "ilah". Only the chief god of their Kaaba was called "al-ilah"...or chief god. Archeological inscriptions have proven that the pre-Islamic Arabs called the temple at Mecca "Beit-Allah" signifying it was meant for the chief god of the pantheon. People who speak Arabic use the term "Allah" to mean
"God" as they are taught if they're Muslim that that is the name of "God" and Christian Arabs use the term generically to mean "God" and it's a stretch to then assume they mean the Islamic god. What's interesting is that some devoutly religious Muslim scholars believe that "Allah" is the eternal name for their Islamic god, excusive to that god. That's very interesting when comparing what the Bible says about God's name...
The revealed name of the God of the Bible is Yahweh or Jehovah.
God Himself makes His name clear:
‘Say this to the people of Israel, "Yahweh [YHWH], the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you." This is my name FOREVER, and thus I am to be remembered throughout ALL GENERATIONS.’" Exodus 3:15'
Or:
"I am Yahweh; that is my name; my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to carved idols." Isaiah 42:8
Where is God's name in the Koran? It's not there. It's not there because Allah isn't Yahweh.
Allah "says" in the Koran:
"The Jews say, 'Ezra is the Son of God'; the Christians say, 'The Messiah is the Son of God.' That is the utterance of their mouths, conforming with the unbelievers before them. God assail them! How they are perverted! S. 9:30"
Holy Scripture says:
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." John 3:16-18
Islam denies that God is the Father or that Jesus is the Son of God, God Himself and calls Christians who believe such "perverts". The Bible calls the deniers liars and anti-christs:
"Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son. Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also." 1 John 2:22-23"
It's clear that Allah who denies the Son cannot be the God of the Bible who bluntly declares that anyone who denies the Son is an antichrist and liar. The Bible in effect boldy calls Allah and all false gods and deniers..liars.
Why would God call Himself a liar and deny for one people His truths, and insist on another with a completely different character to another people?
It's preposterous.
God is not Allah. Allah is not the God of the Bible.
Look up and study it yourself. You'll see the truth of the above statement.

Last edited by MoMark; 02-12-2007 at 06:50 PM..

Old 02-13-2007, 02:09 AM

355 posts, read 842,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelite View Post
Interesting you bring that up. God didn't tell them or want them to do that. So don't blame God. Brothers defended their sister. It was recorded, but was never told by anyone to follow. Lot's of bad things like 9-11 happen, but in Islam it's commanded.

What suras did I take out of context? War, execution, beating, fight and slay non-believers.
If you don't agree with me. Quote the Koran and prove me wrong. Otherwise this is just an opinion without bases.
And how many times did God command the Israelites to slaughter all of the "ites" that disobeyed God? Really, it would take me forever and a day to find every verse. But, because you'll still want some sort of proof, I'll include a few.

EX 32:27
And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour. 32:28 And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.

NUM 16:27 So they gat up from the tabernacle of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram, on every side: and Dathan and Abiram came out, and stood in the door of their tents, and their wives, and their sons, and their little children. 16:32 And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up, and their houses, and all the men that appertained unto Korah, and all their goods.

JOSH 8:1 And the LORD said unto Joshua, Fear not, neither be thou dismayed: take all the people of war with thee, and arise, go up to Ai: see, I have given into thy hand the king of Ai, and his people, and his city, and his land: ... 8:7 Then ye shall rise up from the ambush, and seize upon the city: for the LORD your God will deliver it into your hand. 8:8 And it shall be, when ye have taken the city, that ye shall set the city on fire: according to the commandment of the LORD shall ye do. See, I have commanded you.

JUDGES 20:35
And the LORD smote Benjamin before Israel: and the children of Israel destroyed of the Benjamites that day twenty and five thousand and an hundred men.

1 KIN 20:28 And there came a man of God, and spake unto the king of Israel, and said, Thus saith the LORD, Because the Syrians have said, The LORD is God of the hills, but he is not God of the valleys, therefore will I deliver all this great multitude into thine hand, and ye shall know that I am the LORD. 20:29 And they pitched one over against the other seven days. And so it was, that in the seventh day the battle was joined: and the children of Israel slew of the Syrians an hundred thousand footmen in one day.

If that's not evidence enough of a vengeful, gentile-killing, commanding God and his people, then I'm not sure what is. And, before you respond by saying, "well they were warned!" you should consider your own lack of true knowledge of the Quran and how you may or may not have taken the verses out of context.

Old 02-13-2007, 05:35 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Quote:

The current "Spin" is to call most Muslims moderate and just a few radicals. I've heard the from the White House press say such words; only about 10% are suppose to be radical. Well, I don't believe that, but just for argument sake there are over a BILLION Muslims in the world. That would make the radical number somewhere in the 100,000,000 range or about 1/3 the population of the entire Uniter States. Not a small number in anyones book.
We have a lot of Muslims in Los Angeles. They ARE a peaceful bunch. I don't know where you are getting your facts from (perhaps the Middle East) but the ones who live around me don't cause any trouble at all. They are very nice people.

Old 02-13-2007, 05:43 AM

Quote:
So according to the Koran, their God didn't have a Son, but according to the Bible God had a Son. Are they the same God? Nope.
What is the word for "God" in Arabic? Is it not Allah? That means all Gods are Allah in Arabic. You could be talking about Zeus and it would still be Allah.

Maybe the Christian Allah and the Muslim Allah don't believe in the same things -- but they are both still Allah.

Doesn't this make any sense to you?

I have a tire on my car. I could call it a Frog and you could call it a Pig but it would still be a Tire. And I could have another Frog on the other side of my car -- and you could call it a Pig -- but it's still a Tire.

Old 02-13-2007, 05:48 AM

I believe there are a lot of people posting here who don't understand how translating language works.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:06 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I believe there are a lot of people posting here who don't understand how translating language works.
Yup.

Does the word "Allah" have a pagan origin? And I mean the word , not the concept, the theology, or the Muslim understanding. Yeah, maybe. Honestly, I don't know. Never studied the word.

But you know what?

So does the English word "God." That word -- and again, the word, not the concept or theology behind it -- is entirely pagan. It's an ancient Germanic word for deity that could as easily be applied to Odin or Zeus or Thor or any number of "gods."

The Muslim and Christian theologies are certainly quite different on many points, but to claim that Muslims are worshipping a pagan moon god just isn't true. They are worshiping the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the same as Christians and Jews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam