Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 05:20 AM

1,113 posts, read 2,520,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
i searched on quran about beheading being an islamic style , i didn't find it.
rather i found that it's biblical style

mathew 14
Having been prompted by her mother, she said, “Give me here on a platter the head of John the Baptist.” 9 Although he was grieved, the king commanded it to be given because of his oaths, and because of his dinner guests. 10 He sent and had John beheaded in the prison. 11 And his head was brought on a platter and given to the girl, and she brought it to her mother. 12 His disciples came and took away the body and buried it; and they went and reported to Jesus.

Revelation 20 -4
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Mrs mind , capital punishment under Jewish Law, focusing on the four biblical death penalties: stoning, burning , beheading , and strangulation.

so , so is it really islamic style or biblical style !

mrs mind , In England beheading was normally reserved for the high-born and it was last used in 1747.

The French Revolution is notorious for its use of the guillotine. In fact mechanical devices for beheading people had been used in various parts of Europe for centuries before the French Revolution. (One was recorded in Ireland as early as 1307).

The guillotine was last used in France in 1977. The French abolished capital punishment in 1981.

Elwill, it amazes me how you will take biblical passages way out of context. You have no shame! There is a BIG difference in reporting something that occurred and being commanded to do it. The people that beheaded John the Baptist were not Christians. John was a peaceful man, never hurt anyone and ticked a few people off but showing them the error of their ways. So did John behead people? Nope, therefore it is not a "biblical style" of killing. In Revelation it speaks of Christians being beheaded for keeping the word of God. Do the Christians doing the beheading or are they beheaded by other people? Answer; They are beheaded by other people. For all we know they are Muslims that will do this to the Christians (seems to be a trend these days). We don't know, it hasn't happened yet.

As sanspeur pointed out. The Koran commands your people to behead their enemies (strike them in the neck). Big difference again between reporting a crime and actually doing it.

If you look at modern times, you will see that it is not Christians that are beheading people but Muslims so I think it is safe to say that it is an islamic style of killing and not biblical, as you suggested, otherwise you would see Christians doing it today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 05:21 AM

Quote:
New West Network | Northern Idaho Unfiltered | Beheading, Hooding, and Waterboarding: CIA Torture in Vietnam, Latin America, and Iraq

i don't think that CIA are islamist group !!!!!!!!!!!!

read this one either , but unfortunatly they didn't describe his religion , but i'm sure if he was muslim they could highlighted it

AFP: Canadian police charge 40-year-old man in bus beheading
It is reported by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) - “RCMP announced Friday morning that they have charged Vince Weiguang Li, 40, of Edmonton with second-degree murder. He is scheduled to appear at the Manitoba provincial court in Portage la Prairie. A Chinese Muslim, Li expressed to investigators that his actions were motivated by the Koran.”

Old 02-28-2009, 06:19 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,264,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
Elwill, it amazes me how you will take biblical passages way out of context. You have no shame! There is a BIG difference in reporting something that occurred and being commanded to do it. The people that beheaded John the Baptist were not Christians. John was a peaceful man, never hurt anyone and ticked a few people off but showing them the error of their ways. So did John behead people? Nope, therefore it is not a "biblical style" of killing. In Revelation it speaks of Christians being beheaded for keeping the word of God. Do the Christians doing the beheading or are they beheaded by other people? Answer; They are beheaded by other people. For all we know they are Muslims that will do this to the Christians (seems to be a trend these days). We don't know, it hasn't happened yet.
i know all what you say , but really i never said that it's justified in the bible nor said that it's christianity behaviour
all what i said that it's biblical , means that it's style of killing which mentioned in the bible to be happened pre_islam so it's not islamic style as you proclaimed
Quote:
As sanspeur pointed out. The Koran commands your people to behead their enemies (strike them in the neck). Big difference again between reporting a crime and actually doing it.

If you look at modern times, you will see that it is not Christians that are beheading people but Muslims so I think it is safe to say that it is an islamic style of killing and not biblical, as you suggested, otherwise you would see Christians doing it today.
i think that i answered sanspeur allready , if you have objections about my refutation , you are wellcome

Old 02-28-2009, 07:12 AM

Quote:
i know all what you say , but really i never said that it's justified in the bible nor said that it's christianity behaviour
all what i said that it's biblical , means that it's style of killing which mentioned in the bible to be happened pre_islam so it's not islamic style as you proclaimed

i think that i answered sanspeur allready , if you have objections about my refutation , you are wellcome
That is the impression you gave. So finally you admit that the Bible predates the Koran. Funny how in other threads you refute that, but oh well. When you say something is biblical, to us that means that it is condoned in the Bible so perhaps you should think about your response before you post. I don't know what type of Encyclopedia you are reading from but beheadings have been apart of your people's behavioral trends way before Islam or the Koran. The Bedouins were very violent as can be seen in one of their most used quotes:

"I and my brothers against my cousins, I and my brothers and my cousins against the world."

Are Honor Killings Simply Domestic Violence? - Middle East Quarterly

Yotam Feldner, a researcher at the Middle East Media Research Institute, quotes a psychiatrist in Gaza who describes the honor killing culture as one in which a man who refrains from "washing shame with blood" is a "coward who is not worthy of living ... as less than a man." Therefore, it is no surprise that the Jordanian penal code is quite lenient towards honor killers. While honor killing may be a custom that originated in the pagan, pre-Islamic past, contemporary Islamist interpretations of religious law prevail. As Feldner puts it: "Some important Islamic scholars in Jordan have even gone further by declaring honor crimes an Islamic imperative that derives from the 'values of virility advocated by Islam.

Moderator cut: copyright violation

Last edited by Alpha8207; 03-03-2009 at 01:11 PM..

Old 02-28-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
That is the impression you gave. So finally you admit that the Bible predates the Koran. Funny how in other threads you refute that, but oh well.
i will not comment
i don't think that anyone could say that quran came before bible .
may be quran came before KJV version

Quote:
When you say something is biblical, to us that means that it is condoned in the Bible so perhaps you should think about your response before you post. I don't know what type of Encyclopedia you are reading from but beheadings have been apart of your people's behavioral trends way before Islam or the Koran.
sorry , but actually seems to me that you forgot OT laws , i think that for you it's biblical and for you it's word of god yet it isn't follow christianity faith

anyway , i used to separate the bible from christianity doctorine for two reasons

1- bible not represent christianity faith and doctorine (from my point of view)
2- christians not unite in understanding of the bible

The Bedouins were very violent as can be seen in one of their most used quotes:

Quote:
"I and my brothers against my cousins, I and my brothers and my cousins against the world."

Are Honor Killings Simply Domestic Violence? - Middle East Quarterly

Yotam Feldner, a researcher at the Middle East Media Research Institute, quotes a psychiatrist in Gaza who describes the honor killing culture as one in which a man who refrains from "washing shame with blood" is a "coward who is not worthy of living ... as less than a man." Therefore, it is no surprise that the Jordanian penal code is quite lenient towards honor killers. While honor killing may be a custom that originated in the pagan, pre-Islamic past, contemporary Islamist interpretations of religious law prevail. As Feldner puts it: "Some important Islamic scholars in Jordan have even gone further by declaring honor crimes an Islamic imperative that derives from the 'values of virility advocated by Islam.
you bolded your statement as if you don't know jews culture in the past
honour killing was justified in your bible , may be it influenced the pagans to this culture

Last edited by elwill; 02-28-2009 at 09:21 AM..

Old 02-28-2009, 09:18 AM

33,547 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Elwill, you have not refuted anything I've posted...Every time you post you only confirm that you seem to be blind to the atrocities committed in the name of Islam. You deny that beheadings are mentioned in the Koran, when in fact it is mentioned several times...I see on youtube Mullahs calling out for beheadings...You were not even aware that the bus beheading in Canada was commited by a Muslim. Perhaps it is time to stop living in denial, and face up to reality.

Try googling "muslim beheadings" and you will get over a million hits.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Elwill, you have not refuted anything I've posted...Every time you post you only confirm that you seem to be blind to the atrocities committed in the name of Islam. You deny that beheadings are mentioned in the Koran, when in fact it is mentioned several times...I see on youtube Mullahs calling out for beheadings...You were not even aware that the bus beheading in Canada was commited by a Muslim. Perhaps it is time to stop living in denial, and face up to reality.

1-mulahs are shiits by the way
2- we didn't learn our islam from mullahs or from crimers or from odd practices of some countries , we learn the islam from quran and sunah.
3- if you disagree about what i said concern the verses of quran discuss it with me , i'm fluent in arabic and i really don't wait anyone to tell me what is written in it because i memorize most of it

Quote:
Try googling "muslim beheadings" and you will get over a million hits
offcourse , they do thier best , yet they can't stop the high rate of converters to islam in the west

Old 02-28-2009, 10:16 AM

33,547 posts, read 37,145,710 times
High rate of conversions to Islam? People jumping from the frying pan into the fire in my opinion...One religion is almost as bad as the other.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
i will not comment
i don't think that anyone could say that quran came before bible .
may be quran came before KJV version

sorry , but actually seems to me that you forgot OT laws , i think that for you it's biblical and for you it's word of god yet it isn't follow christianity faith

anyway , i used to separate the bible from christianity doctorine for two reasons

1- bible not represent christianity faith and doctorine (from my point of view)
2- christians not unite in understanding of the bible

I can't speak for anyone else. I understand the Bible and read it often and I don't see honor killings promoted there. Sorry.

The Bedouins were very violent as can be seen in one of their most used quotes:

you bolded your statement as if you don't know jews culture in the past
honour killing was justified in your bible , may be it influenced the pagans to this culture
We are not talking about Jews, we are talking about Islam and honor killings/beheadings. My point is that they go way back before Islam and the Koran began to support it. Why Muslims started to embrace this way of life is beyond me.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:00 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,350,665 times
Quote:
It is reported by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) - “RCMP announced Friday morning that they have charged Vince Weiguang Li, 40, of Edmonton with second-degree murder. He is scheduled to appear at the Manitoba provincial court in Portage la Prairie. A Chinese Muslim, Li expressed to investigators that his actions were motivated by the Koran.”
Nice try, Ms.Mtn, you need to do a little more research. What's the source on your quote?

Here are some other interesting links:

http://www.nationalpost.co/news/story.html?id=699558

"Li worked for six months as a custodian at the Grant Memorial Baptist Church in Winnipeg and was a member of the congregation.

Pastor Tom Castor said Li, a recent immigrant at the time, seemed happy to have a job and was committed to doing it well."

Vince Weiguang Li accused of beheading Tim McLean Jr - updates · Celebgalz.com :: Hottest World News Updated Daily

"Vince Weiguang Li was first reported to be a Chinese Muslim by CBC, but the newspaper edited itself and deleted the references to Vince Li being a Muslim. Since the original report has been scrapped by a professional scrapper, all references/ links can not be traced. It was as if it never existed. Maybe it was a rumor or a genuine mistake which the editor corrected."

Clearly there is no current evidence that this man was Muslim.

There was only one agency that reported that he was Muslim, then they retracted that and it has not been reported again.

If he was truly Muslim, we would know about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam