Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2009, 03:18 PM

10 posts, read 38,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastonestanding View Post
I contradicted myself? You just contradicted yourself. Visiting somewhere is totally different than actually living there, but you come back with crime stats. back at ya. And I constantly keep saying I lived in Chicago and Toledo most of my life. I think I know what Im talking about. I dont need to go on here and check crime stats.

"Ive been in this type of argument numerous times since I joined this site, because people like you have no idea what theyre talking about and I feel a need to let you and others understand the truth"

Can you prove that you actually know what your talking about? I mean if people keep disagreeing with you and I think only maybe two people actually disagreed with me then how is it you know the truth? So everyone on here is wrong and you're right? I guess we stand corrected.

For real for real, I love Cleveland, its only 90 minutes from Toledo. I know it has its problems and I do know its dealing with alot more problems than plenty of other cities right now, but so is most of this region We're in the Rustbelt, but to me I think your giving Cleveland more of a bad name than it actually needs right now and our argument is there are other places dealing with worse crime problems and we only mentioned a few of those cities. You continually disagree with this statement and use statistics to argue with me and others. We don't use statistics, we use personal experiences. One person already mentioned that cities like Chicago, Philly, and New York are not rated as high because there are millions of people who live in those cities and there are areas where crime happens very rarely, but you seemed to forget or simply just dont know that those cities have been dealing with crime for decades especially organized crime.

Im going to say this and be done with you because I already know someone else is going to argue with you right after me I already mentioned I dont know Cleveland like that, Ive only been there a couple of times in my life, but Cleveland is not far away, Ive known plenty of people from the Land and they tell me alot of what takes place over there, but I can only go off what they've told me. However, Ive actually lived in Chicago, no it is not rated as dangerous as Cleveland, but again its a city with over 2 million people. I remember you posting Clevelands latest murder which I think you said is now at 46. Well in Chicago thats about the same number of children under the age of 18 that has been killed so far this year and that has been on CNN for the past two or three weeks. Again, we're arguing about it, but real people are living it.

agreed alot of people dont kno how in is living in a terrible area. yes stats is cool and they do help, but if ya never lived there how would they kno what its like. i agree 100% bout what ya sayin..... and this is coming from a man that live in the heart of it in Youngstown......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 03:27 PM

56 posts, read 212,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvOhio View Post
agreed alot of people dont kno how in is living in a terrible area. yes stats is cool and they do help, but if ya never lived there how would they kno what its like. i agree 100% bout what ya sayin..... and this is coming from a man that live in the heart of it in Youngstown......
Right stats dont mean everything...... for example on paper Canton can look more dangerous than Youngstown. but i lived in both cities and Youngstown is much more dangerous than Canton..... in my opinon

Old 05-26-2009, 04:50 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,926,074 times
lastonestanding, People agree with me 95% of the time on here. And the people who dont agree with me sometimes...lets just say nearly all of them are known as being less than credible.

The only reason youre not using statistics is because they dont agree with what youre trying to say. A certain member on here was going to use the "stat" of murder rate since they thought it would show Philly was higher, until they realized that Cleveland actually had a higher murder rate than Philly so they stopped and said statistics mean nothing. A coincidence? I dont think so. Im using personal experiences as well, yet Im saying the opposite of you. The truth is that I dont personally know you and you dont personally know me so how are we supposed to know that the other is not making things up? I know that Im not, but what about you? Thats where the stats come in (if they are close to accurate).

If youve never lived in Cleveland or Philly, and know next to nothing about them why are you speaking on this argument as if you know about them? Chicago is over 6 times as large as Cleveland.

Scoob, I agree with you that Youngstown is much more dangerous than Canton. In that case although a couple places will show the overall crime rate of Canton as higher than Youngstown, just look at the murder rate and its pretty obvious which is worse. By the way, the majority of places show Youngstown as much more dangerous than Canton though http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/City...8_Rank_Rev.pdf 15. Youngstown 46. Canton.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
lastonestanding, People agree with me 95% of the time on here. And the people who dont agree with me sometimes...lets just say nearly all of them are known as being less than credible.

The only reason youre not using statistics is because they dont agree with what youre trying to say. A certain member on here was going to use the "stat" of murder rate since they thought it would show Philly was higher, until they realized that Cleveland actually had a higher murder rate than Philly so they stopped and said statistics mean nothing. A coincidence? I dont think so. Im using personal experiences as well, yet Im saying the opposite of you. The truth is that I dont personally know you and you dont personally know me so how are we supposed to know that the other is not making things up? I know that Im not, but what about you? Thats where the stats come in (if they are close to accurate).

If youve never lived in Cleveland or Philly, and know next to nothing about them why are you speaking on this argument as if you know about them? Chicago is over 6 times as large as Cleveland.

Scoob, I agree with you that Youngstown is much more dangerous than Canton. In that case although a couple places will show the overall crime rate of Canton as higher than Youngstown, just look at the murder rate and its pretty obvious which is worse. By the way, the majority of places show Youngstown as much more dangerous than Canton though http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/City...8_Rank_Rev.pdf 15. Youngstown 46. Canton.

Yea u rite. stats is kinda funny.........bcuz the theft stats in canton is higher than youngstown's theft rate. but a theft could be anything like a woman stealin a piece of bubble gum from the corner store could be an theft. but it does not mean anything unless its reported....... does that make a city more dangerous? in the area of youngstown i live in when most things happen its never reported bcuz residents are to scared to call the police bcuz of wat might happen to them...... lots of crime is not reported due to circumstances like that....... side note........ Youngstown has (11) homicides right now witch is down from (14) this time last year......... and (13) IN 2007

Last edited by scoob; 05-26-2009 at 07:25 PM..

Old 05-26-2009, 07:44 PM

374 posts, read 1,124,649 times
Quote:

Ok, I already said I was done with you, but you keep asking questions that I already answered, but to answer your question, no Im not making up nothing. if you ever were to meet me and see my demeanor you would already know this dude aint lying. As far as me speaking on behalf of Philly, that was someone else who brought up Philly, not me, I just agreed with what that person said, if you wanna go correct that person and make him or her seem like they're wrong as well then take that up with them. The reason why Im not using stats is because I have better things to do with my time then surfing the web for crime statistics, but if stats is what you want then I'll come back with stats and really break some stuff down for you.

"People agree with me 95% "
I thought you said earlier that you were constantly on here arguing with people like me to prove us wrong? Your statements are not accurate. And it seems to me that everyone on here disagrees with you. On a more positive note about Cleveland, right now the Cavaliers are beating the Magics in the second quarter, lets hope they pull this off.....

Old 05-26-2009, 08:12 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,926,074 times
You dont use stats because they dont show what you want them to. If the stats agreed with what you were saying, than you would be using them right now. It cant be that you just "dont use" stats, you dont agree with the ones that are already shown here that you dont even have to look for, so that argument about not having time to "surf the web for crime stats" is out the window. Not to mention that it takes literally less than 15 seconds to find those stats, so that argument makes even less sense. If you can find some real stats that are on your side of the argument then go get them, but I doubt you will.

Ive been a member of this site for a while and have a lot of posts on a lot of different topics, it just so happens that the only posts of mine you have seen are the ones where Im arguing in threads like this. 90% of the time Im speaking on entirely different topics than this, and 95% of the time everyone will agree with me. I also dont think its a coincidence that the majority of people that argue with me are known to talk about things they dont know about and make up things. Not talking about anyone specifically in this thread though.

Yes the Cavs are still in the lead and I hope they can pull this one off, then win 2 more to go onto the finals, and finally win a championship for Cleveland. Im watching the game right now.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:21 AM

i c it was a triple homicide in Canton Yesterday. sad.............

Old 05-27-2009, 04:15 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,632,773 times
Quote:
Contrary to what you may think I dont read stats all day, I go out and experience cities nearly every day of my life. Just about the entire time from 2002-mid 2007 I was out traveling and living in other places, only in NE Ohio for a very short time. These places include Columbus, Chicago, Philly, NYC, Jersey, Boston, D.C., and many other cities/areas across the country. Thats not even counting all the areas I visited growing up. Crime and decay is real and its an issue so I talk about it, but thats not even 1/10th of what I talk about on here. If its negative maybe its because I grew up in the ghetto, am still around this everyday, and its the truth.

I have lived in Philly and am very familiar with Philly. Apparently its you who doesnt know what theyre talking about. Now that I think about it, this all makes sense now because youve never lived in Cleveland before and you admitted that . Youve only been to Cleveland once ( Events with the Rock N Roll Induction Ceromony ). Just by looking at that thread I can see the truth and your agenda. You have no credibility left in this argument. If I was wrong I would have never started in this argument in this 1st place, or if I would have made a mistake I would have admitted it. Im not wrong and all Ive said is the truth. Its you who cant accept that your wrong. The truth will set you free Beavercreek.

Wow, you get more and more pathetic as I read on. In any of that thread I created, where does it say I have "NEVER" been to Cleveland? Thats right... it doesn't. I was visiting the city for the Cavs game, and the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame induction was going on when I was in town.

I have been to Cleveland many times since, and I am in town now for a month on business. I actually travel the country a lot on business. You have probaly only been to Philly once. How long did you live in Philly? You obviously know nothing about the city of Philly, and if I ask you questions about it, you will just go online and read about them, then post about it. I lived in Philly and SE P.A for over 21 years.

Problem is, I have been talking about Cleveland and helping people out about living/visiting there well before I had this arguement with you. I have never once heard you talk about Philly before, and looking back in your posts, haven't seen it there either.

And how am I wrong? It is you that is wrong, and in most threads you are always wrong, but you can't admit to that, and you can write post after post on your many arguements that don't make sense. You know nothing about Philly, and that is where this arguement is going. Cleveland's crime is bad, I have already said that before, but you look at stats, and in no way does that say how a city is performing street crimes, and individual crimes.

You go out of your way, day in and day out listing and posting articles on crime. That is so pathetic. I have not once seen that in any city sub-forum on this site, NOT ONE. I don't understand why you have to be so negative, and talk about how people got shot and killed, or died this way, or how this went wrong and people got killed.

"The truth will set you free"???

That has nothing to do with anything, that is just another way of you trying to offset this arguement, and you go into one of your dumb rants and try to change things to go your way. Well, if you want the truth, go to the streets of Philly, and stop thinking about your times in Center City, and realize that Cleveland is not alone, because you sure seem to make it out that way, and there is no denying that. Just look at the over 50 articles on murders you have posted...

What a shame it is you have to post articles like that...

Old 05-27-2009, 04:21 PM

BTW, growing up, lol things are completely different now. Many cities that were once small cities have now grown into much larger cities with much different crime rates/problems.

You fail to list all the other cities you lived in across the country.

Columbus, Chicago, Philly, NYC, Jersey, D.C. and...?

BTW, Jersey? LMAO I just got back from Newark, and living across the river from Camden. Cleveland is so much more attractive, and offers so much more than these two cities, and anything else in Jersey.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastonestanding View Post
I contradicted myself? You just contradicted yourself. Visiting somewhere is totally different than actually living there, but you come back with crime stats. back at ya. And I constantly keep saying I lived in Chicago and Toledo most of my life. I think I know what Im talking about. I dont need to go on here and check crime stats.

"Ive been in this type of argument numerous times since I joined this site, because people like you have no idea what theyre talking about and I feel a need to let you and others understand the truth"

Can you prove that you actually know what your talking about? I mean if people keep disagreeing with you and I think only maybe two people actually disagreed with me then how is it you know the truth? So everyone on here is wrong and you're right? I guess we stand corrected.

For real for real, I love Cleveland, its only 90 minutes from Toledo. I know it has its problems and I do know its dealing with alot more problems than plenty of other cities right now, but so is most of this region We're in the Rustbelt, but to me I think your giving Cleveland more of a bad name than it actually needs right now and our argument is there are other places dealing with worse crime problems and we only mentioned a few of those cities. You continually disagree with this statement and use statistics to argue with me and others. We don't use statistics, we use personal experiences. One person already mentioned that cities like Chicago, Philly, and New York are not rated as high because there are millions of people who live in those cities and there are areas where crime happens very rarely, but you seemed to forget or simply just dont know that those cities have been dealing with crime for decades especially organized crime.

Im going to say this and be done with you because I already know someone else is going to argue with you right after me I already mentioned I dont know Cleveland like that, Ive only been there a couple of times in my life, but Cleveland is not far away, Ive known plenty of people from the Land and they tell me alot of what takes place over there, but I can only go off what they've told me. However, Ive actually lived in Chicago, no it is not rated as dangerous as Cleveland, but again its a city with over 2 million people. I remember you posting Clevelands latest murder which I think you said is now at 46. Well in Chicago thats about the same number of children under the age of 18 that has been killed so far this year and that has been on CNN for the past two or three weeks. Again, we're arguing about it, but real people are living it.

Great post! Couldn't have said it better...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio