Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2012, 11:29 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Sick of cleaning. have a service coming in next week so i can show house again. cant wait till its over. Mom never taught me how to do windows, what a hassle..2 floors and 4 bedrooms. Ugh.

Thank god for maidsExtraordinaire.
Have you ever tried to bury St. Joseph in the yard? If not you might want to give it a try, check it out online and see what you find. This is just one of the websites that you might think about.

Bury St. Joseph: Inexpensive St. Joseph Home Sellers Kits

Could work you know?

A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 12:36 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Sick of cleaning. have a service coming in next week so i can show house again. cant wait till its over. Mom never taught me how to do windows, what a hassle..2 floors and 4 bedrooms. Ugh.

Thank god for maidsExtraordinaire.
Hmmm.... I think I need to invest in a maid .... I'm not much of a housekeeper and was never really expected to clean growing up so I feel so incompetent. Oh well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Hey what kind of wine goes with "stinky cheese" anyway???????
Sorry but I have no clue as I don't drink.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:29 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Here's my favorite wine:

"I wanna go to Miaaaaaaaaami!"

Sorry..old joke.

Anyway........Aks, we swear that we sold our house with St. Joseph's help. We figured he didn't like being upside down so he sent us a buyer pretty quickly.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:56 AM

^^^ I'm a believer in St. Joseph's help with selling a home. I've heard too many people say that it worked for them.

Mrs Aks found some real good bargains while shopping yesterday and received 45% discounts, so today we're heading back out for a few more items that she thinks she needs for attending the upcoming wedding this summer. I hate to do it, but someone has too; I'll take her back to the mall once again.

Be the change that you wish to see in the world. ~ Gandhi

Old 05-02-2012, 01:24 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Had a perfect morning. Stopped at Bealls, tried on several items, found 2 new tops I really liked. Picked up two pairs of Gloria Vanderbilt jeans - one dark teal, one black - that fit me both ways -- in the tummy and in the length. Woohoo!! You see, I'm just between petites and regulars. I can never find jeans the right length. Not only did these fit, they were a size smaller than I usually wear (they're 6's) AND they were on the clearance rack! $12 each. I do have to go back, tho. They overcharged me on one pair. Then I came home, had some lunch, stopped by to see a friend, then hit the pool. What a perfect day for hanging out in the pool.

And tonight, I go to the annual cul-de-sac captain dinner with my friend Chris whose a capt. Cool!

This day is a keeper, IMO.

[+] Rate this post positively

Old 05-02-2012, 02:43 PM

^^^ Wow that was a perfect morning! You managed to get some real bargains while shopping. Why is it that everything we need is a ½ size to large or small for us? Mrs Aks and I both have that trouble of finding just the right fit.

I was able to get out to lunch by my self and enjoy some time away from the house and others. Again,,,, my favorite lunch spot and I didn't spill anything on me this time. LOL

Old 05-02-2012, 02:46 PM

24,471 posts, read 26,008,272 times
We have been collecting item for our annual fundraiser. One of the popular items we have had in the past are the M&M guys (a little over 3' tall) you see in grocery stores. We put other goodies inside like wine, trips and other things that have been donated that the attendees can bid on.

Well, it seems that many store managers have found out how popular these are and after getting them for free (M&M no longer gives them to the stores from my understanding.) to use for promotional sales in their stores, the found the can sell them on EBay for$150 to $300.

Well, we lucked out, our store manager happened to have 3 of them and he donated one for our fundraiser and he is in our office with a big smile on his face.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:56 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times
I just got advance notice of a scheduled power outage tomorrow between 9-1. In the almost 7 years I've lived here we've never received advance notice, so I was able to let people I work with know if they don't see me online tomorrow morning that's why
<course now we'll see if there really is an outage lol>

Old 05-03-2012, 08:03 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,251,590 times
That is the cutest creation for displaying stuff and in my neighborhood Petco is using them for doggie snacks! I assumed they would become collector items. That's a great choice for a fund raiser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
We have been collecting item for our annual fundraiser. One of the popular items we have had in the past are the M&M guys (a little over 3' tall) you see in grocery stores. We put other goodies inside like wine, trips and other things that have been donated that the attendees can bid on.

Well, it seems that many store managers have found out how popular these are and after getting them for free (M&M no longer gives them to the stores from my understanding.) to use for promotional sales in their stores, the found the can sell them on EBay for$150 to $300.

Well, we lucked out, our store manager happened to have 3 of them and he donated one for our fundraiser and he is in our office with a big smile on his face.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:53 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Woohoo! For the past few months, I've been having a rough time with my Thursday evening commute (as well as my Tues & Thursday morning) and tonight marks the end of that commute (at least for several months)

My hellish morning commute will end on Tuesday and I'll get to leave my home later in the mornings and have direct train service to my job
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics