Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2008, 06:47 PM

8,342 posts, read 13,482,567 times

Advertisements

Well, I already made my mind about relocating, so I really do not care about how many more of these they set up. If everyone is content with it and bend over backwards so the County, Stated, City can get away with this type of modern day, legal-ish mafia-like money jacking, then so be it.

Though it really didn't affect me so far, I still do not like the fact that people are OK with this and that only means things will get worse. I hate to be controlled, monitored and treated like a sheep by the local goverment and hopefully 7 more months and I do not have to worry about stuff like this where I am going...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 06:58 PM

1,170 posts, read 3,438,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Well, I already made my mind about relocating, so I really do not care about how many more of these they set up. If everyone is content with it and bend over backwards so the County, Stated, City can get away with this type of modern day, legal-ish mafia-like money jacking, then so be it.

Though it really didn't affect me so far, I still do not like the fact that people are OK with this and that only means things will get worse. I hate to be controlled, monitored and treated like a sheep by the local goverment and hopefully 7 more months and I do not have to worry about stuff like this where I am going...
yeah i don't understand who's idea was this? the governor? well come election time, I hope people will remember....I just love the fact that something like this can be done w/o ever being voted on by...well essentially, I guess majority did agree! But I am sure this is a "democrat" thing since most democratic cities seems to have these "cameras"...

Old 10-28-2008, 09:23 PM

140 posts, read 467,571 times
Some of the cameras are place right in heavy merge areas where every bit of your concentration needs to be on changing lanes and watching the car in front of you. I can't wait until they actually put the cameras in and start flashing. Those flashes are going to disorient mergers and cause rear end accidents the likes of which we have never seen. The timing is perfect as we are going into winter daylight hours and the rush hour will be dark making the flashes ever more distracting. I would love to have a video camera at the merge camera locations. Set the video to a benny hill song with all the rear end accidents and it would be quite humorous!

Old 10-31-2008, 06:41 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,329,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Since I totally agree with that, I am posting the following, fresh off the press:

New DPS photo radar stationary camera locations
by Nicole McGregor - Oct. 14, 2008 09:51 AM
12 News Today

Drive slow or you'll pay for it. DPS has rolled out mobile cameras throughout the state, and they're now starting to put up stationary cameras too.
The first nine wil be up and running by October 22nd (they're starred below). The other locations will follow.
When finished, there will be a total of 60 stationary cameras and 40 mobile ones throughout Arizona. If you get a ticket for going 10 miles over the
speed limit, you'll pay $181.

Interstate 10
**Eastbound, I-10, 287th Ave.
**Eastbound, I-10, Miller
**Eastbound, I-10, Watson
Westbound, I-10, 91st Ave
East & West, I-10, 75th Ave
East & West, I-10, 59th Ave
Eastbound, I-10, 35th Ave
Eastbound, I-10, 43rd Ave
Eastbound, I-10, 27th Ave
East & West, I-10, 15th Ave
Eastbound, I-10, 16th Street
Westbound, I-10, Buckeye
Westbound, I-10, 24th Street
Westbound, I-10, 40th Street
US 60
Westbound, US-60, Alma School
Westbound, US-60, Mesa Drive
Westbound, US-60, Gilbert Road
Interstate - 17
Southbound, I-17, 15th Ave
Southbound, I-17, 12th Street
Northbound, I-17, Thunderbird
Northbound, I-17, Bell Road
State Route - 51
Southbound, SR-51, Thomas Road
Southbound, SR-51, Highland Pkwy.
Southbound, SR-51, Bethany Home Rd.
State Route - 101

**Southbound, SR-101, McDowell Rd
**Southbound, SR-101, Indian School
**Southbound, SR-101, Bethany Home
North & South, SR-101, Glendale Ave.
Southbound, SR-101, Olive
** Eastbound, SR-101, 75th Ave
** Eastbound, SR-101, 59th Ave
** Eastbound, SR-101, 35th Ave
**Starred camera locations will be set up and taking pictures starting between October 17th and 22nd
Holy f-ing ****! That is absolutely psycho! That is beyond reasonable. You guys in Phoenix must be getting desperate for revenue. You guys are a bunch of control freaks. Now when you drive on the freeways you're going to have to be more worried about watching the needle on the speedometer than you are looking at the other cars on the road. Occasionally I think about the possibility of moving back to Phoenix to begin my career, but when I see stuff like this that quickly ends that thought. Even in LA with over 17 million people in the five county greater CSA, where as Valley Native explained traffic moves pretty fast when the freeways aren't backed up, there are no freeway speed cameras. Some of the stretches of those freeways in central Phoenix are 55 mph speed limits I believe. One time, and one time only, I tried going exactly the speed limit following the letter of the signs including the 55mph sections, on a trip from Tempe to Surprise and I almost got run of the road and practically got in an accident and started road rage. Never again.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:52 PM
AZM

95 posts, read 300,730 times
I say in retaliation we pick a day and time and drive 45 in the fast lane

Old 11-02-2008, 08:08 PM

1 posts, read 3,053 times
We need to get a local attorney to go after the company contracted to do the Speed law inforcment. I was told today that the guys that work for the company that owns the cameras can set the speed at WHAT EVER THEY WANT! That's a BUILT IN RIP OFF.All of this should be done by the state, not an independant private company that is just in it all for FAT FAST PROFIT. Conflict of interest in my book. I am willing to bet that a good attorney could take this as a "Class action law suit" and have all of the CASH sent back to the VICTIMS. yes I said VICTIMS! I was doing 50 in a 55 and got zapped on the 51 today. We all need to file a FREE Rip Off report and stick together and find a "Class Action lawyer" A good lawyer will not be hard to find!

Old 11-03-2008, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickBog View Post
We need to get a local attorney to go after the company contracted to do the Speed law inforcment. I was told today that the guys that work for the company that owns the cameras can set the speed at WHAT EVER THEY WANT! That's a BUILT IN RIP OFF.All of this should be done by the state, not an independant private company that is just in it all for FAT FAST PROFIT. Conflict of interest in my book. I am willing to bet that a good attorney could take this as a "Class action law suit" and have all of the CASH sent back to the VICTIMS. yes I said VICTIMS! I was doing 50 in a 55 and got zapped on the 51 today. We all need to file a FREE Rip Off report and stick together and find a "Class Action lawyer" A good lawyer will not be hard to find!
Yeah, the gov. are seeing the payoffs and profits for what little work they actually do and are going "overboard" with this camera thing.(Is it just me or have the government gone wall street too? They might as well have... as soon as they sniff profits, they jump all over it like white on rice....never used to be this way but I am absolutely incensed that gov. have followed corporate path, especially during these tough times!) I have seen more and more and more in Chicago as well. These companies are lubing da hell outta gov. to get these contracts. Eventually, they will pi$$ off wrong person and before you know it, their own counterpart(states attorney) will be investigating it and they will fall, I believe.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:03 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,295,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickBog View Post
! I was doing 50 in a 55 and got zapped on the 51 today. We all need to file a FREE Rip Off report and stick together and find a "Class Action lawyer" A good lawyer will not be hard to find!
How do you know you got "zapped" (ticketed)? Answer: You do not. There have been a lot of testing around the valley -

OBTW - in Todays news - there was an announcement of more cameras on the way

Old 11-03-2008, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
How do you know you got "zapped" (ticketed)? Answer: You do not. There have been a lot of testing around the valley -

OBTW - in Todays news - there was an announcement of more cameras on the way
Oh great, that's it, im moving to Las Vegas, NV and NW of Florence Junction, AZ

Old 11-03-2008, 07:14 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,295,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1225 View Post
Oh great, that's it, im moving to Las Vegas, NV and NW of Florence Junction, AZ
Just a warning - as you come out towards Florence Junction - DPS has photo radar vehicles set up all over the place
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area