Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2015, 06:53 PM

1,587 posts, read 1,015,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Well, normally you would not see that type of lawlessness in Manhattan when Bloomberg was running things, but now with deblasio who knows. You might even catch him out in the crowd throwing things at the police.
Deblasio might even be the ring leader

Old 04-29-2015, 07:03 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,610,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal Dew View Post
Folks that attended the game were only safe because they made them stay inside the stadium while violence and destruction was occurring. The the folks outside the stadium were being attacked and businesses were having their windows smashed. This happened on the Saturday.
Are you talking about the fans sitting at bars throwing things at the protestors and taunting them?

"I know a small group of protesters and a small group of baseball fans started whipping bottles at one another and brawling. . . I don’t know who threw something first, but I heard a shift to jeers and boos from the people drinking and ran right over to it and saw beers being tossed from behind a gate that keeps Pickles drinkers from standing in the road and bottles being whipped back at the drinkers. Some people at Pickles stood up and moved toward the protesters though they were protected by the gate. Then, protesters pulled away the gate protecting Pickles customers from the street. Men from Pickles and elsewhere charged toward the protesters and the protesters charged the Pickles customers."
How drunk sports fans helped spark Saturday night's post-protest violence - citypaper.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I heard they tried to pull a white family out of their station wagon.
Bull.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:08 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Oh please, NYC is not exempt.
Especially now. Their mayor is as useless as Baltimore's is. And equally lacking in testicles.

7,814 posts, read 6,395,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Are you talking about the fans sitting at bars throwing things at the protestors and taunting them?

"I know a small group of protesters and a small group of baseball fans started whipping bottles at one another and brawling. . . I don’t know who threw something first, but I heard a shift to jeers and boos from the people drinking and ran right over to it and saw beers being tossed from behind a gate that keeps Pickles drinkers from standing in the road and bottles being whipped back at the drinkers. Some people at Pickles stood up and moved toward the protesters though they were protected by the gate. Then, protesters pulled away the gate protecting Pickles customers from the street. Men from Pickles and elsewhere charged toward the protesters and the protesters charged the Pickles customers."
How drunk sports fans helped spark Saturday night's post-protest violence - citypaper.com

Bull.
Yeah, because it's so unbelievable that Obama's kids would ever try to carjack someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post

I am talking about the rioters that attacked random people and threw chairs through business windows. It wasn't a small group that did all that.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:14 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,610,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Yeah, because it's so unbelievable that Obama's kids would ever try to carjack someone.
Spin it any way you like, but the fact is is what you alleged is patently false.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:21 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
On Morning Joe this morning they've already started begging the Feds for more money. These people are like broken records.
I don't think government can fix what's broken.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:21 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal Dew View Post
It looks like the zookeepers have their hands full. The sad thing is that this video was from Saturday and the mayor did nothing while things escalated.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:22 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
As the protectors of the black community and the routine beneficiary of 90%+ of black votes, what are the "solutions" that the Democratic party is currently promoting to fix this mess, other than maintaining the status quo by spending more money in the same ways that have clearly failed over the last 50 years?

I will suggest to you that the Democrats are not even currently proposing any concrete "solutions" to this mess. Just more of the same, the continuation of the status quo.
I don't think government can fix what's broken.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It looks like the zookeepers have their hands full. The sad thing is that this video was from Saturday and the mayor did nothing while things escalated.
Exactly! A lot of damage could have been prevented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies