Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Epstein committed suicide?
Yes 114 26.57%
No 315 73.43%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 07:44 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times

Advertisements

I don't think people should jump to conclusions, broken bones in the neck is common with people that hang themselves.

Old 08-15-2019, 07:45 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
If nothing else the percentages show how wrong the "Yes" votes might be. As Humans we are supposed to actually use fuzzy logic and whatever facts we have to make guesses. The neck bone thing is not 100%, but according to some studies it's 90% (some say 94%, some say 75%)......that, at least, says "hey, something fishy MIGHT have went on here"...

That's not a conspiracy. That's a best guess.

This is the problem with our system....we let the Wolf self-regulate on Wall Street. We say that LE should be believed because, after all, they have a badge and would never lie. We let the DOJ...be the babysitting for a guy that probably has dirt on dozens of government or ex-government officials.

We need Batman on the job.

Old 08-15-2019, 07:53 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Autopsy reports “broken bones” in Epstein’s neck
That could be the hyoid—which is normal in strangulation by hands from what I understand
Don’t know about methods like rope hanging/executions or the slow suffocation route which is supposedly what Epstein used
it's hard to believe the slow strangulation route would lead to broken bones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I don't think people should jump to conclusions, broken bones in the neck is common with people that hang themselves.
is it?

if they jumped off a chair or something, maybe. the kind of slow strangulation that supposedly happened here? i don't buy it.

Old 08-15-2019, 07:53 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Well, she has been known to be violent and very ill tempered. Bill must have been scared when the Monica story came out.

Epstein probably killed himself because it was his best option. I think given the choice to do myself in or wait for someone else to do it, I'd take the first one. So convenient the guards were asleep and his cell mate was transferred the day before and no new cell mate brought in. He was given a nice little window of time and privacy allowing for him to complete the deed.

Otherwise, someone did it for him. Either way, it seems it had to happen.
Also, I have read that the bed in his cell was a bunk bed, meaning he had a fairly high point to attach the bed sheet. It appears to me that somebody in that jail wanted Epstein to commit suicide.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:02 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The autopsy is pointing to strangulation, not death by hanging. (which is impossible with the paper type bed clothing)
The autopsy has not been made public, yet.

There are reports of broken bones in the neck not uncommon to a hanging of a man this age. Broken bones are also indicative of a potential homicide. Nothing has yet been confirmed.

No information on the investigation of 7/2403 Epstein incident has been made public, let alone Epstein’s death.

Don’t let that stop you from speculation on unconfirmed information.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:04 AM

118 posts, read 126,176 times
And to think of all the cellmates he could of gotten, he gets the incredible hulk who attacks him. But were supposed to think nothing of it???

This is just all a little too much convenience of coincidence for me.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Donald is the worried one. It's funny how quiet he has been about this... of course, he says he "only knew him years ago", but nature of their relationship will surface again.

Speaking of flames..
Quiet?

He had no problem retweeting a comedian’s tweet implying Epstein had been murdered by the Clintons.

This is one of the most irresponsible communications from this POTUS to date and I say this as someone not particularly fond of the Clintons.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
So he broke his neck and strangled himself and then to seal the deal he hung himself. I'm just glad they didn't allow the prisoners to have firearms or he would have committed suicide by putting two rounds in the back of his head.
Autopsy has not been made public and no information has been confirmed.

Broken bones are consistent of a hanging of a man this age. It is also consistent with a homicide.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Had a neighbor in his 50’s who hanged himself a few years ago. He broke his neck in the process.

I prefer to wait for the release of the autopsy conclusions than rely on unconfirmed information.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:17 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
That's because a true hanging breaks the entire neck. This was not that as the neck wasn't broken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies