Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2019, 04:30 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,528,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
No she didn't. Typical of right-wing propagandists, you intentionally twist words of Democrats to support your false narratives. Fox News is famous for this, perhaps you are a fan.

Here's what Pelosi said in her own words:

"I don't think that the congresswoman perhaps appreciates the full weight of how it was heard by other people, although I don't believe it was intended in an anti-Semitic way," Pelosi told reporters at the Capitol. "But the fact is, if that's how it was interpreted, we have to remove all doubt."
Source: https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...t-anti-semitic

Got that? She didn't defend the trope as you claim. She said she'd reserve judgement on whether Omar is antisemitic for saying it. She is tacitly admitting it's antisemitic trope, not defending it, and at the same time saying Omar was wrong for saying it. So just stop with the false narratives, please.
Do you even hear yourself? You - a Jew - attacked me - another Jew - for pointing out Omar's antisemitism, calling me a right-wing propagandist! And that apology, or whatever it was, from Pelosi was weak indeed: saying that Omar didn't intend her remarks to come across as antisemitic. And then Pelosi, like you, went on the warpath against those criticizing Omar.

Stop attacking Jews for pointing out the antisemitism in the Democratic Party, please. It's especially bad when it comes from a fellow Jew. Omar (and Tlaib) partnered up with a horrifically antisemitic group to sponsor her trip to "Palestine." You are basically attempting to silence - and deligitimize - Jews who dare complain about antisemitic Democrat Congresspeople by calling them right-wing propagandists.

And to the OP who asked the question: you can see that there are going to be many liberal Jews who will not only stick with th Democratic Party in the face of rising antisemitism, but who will try to deligitimize Jews who point it. Still, the more moderate Democrats will leave the Party, and I've already seen it via a special election in an adjacent county. LIfelong Democrats voted for the Republican. And one of them passed out flyers on his behalf.

Old 08-19-2019, 04:38 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,771,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I like his policies over those being peddled by the liberals. They've really gone off the deep end, putting illegal aliens in front of Americans.

(And don't get me started on what the liberals have done with an adjacent "sanctuary county." There are so many illegals there - estimates are about 30% of the population - who are so unskilled and uneducated that they can't afford to rent even a low-rent apartment. So the liberals have OK'd the conversion of SFH neighborhoods to high-density, allowing people to build additional "residences" in their backyards. Slum landlords are moving in, taking over formerly middle-class neighborhoods, and turning the place into a slum. But I digress....)
If you are concerned about illegal immigration what is your stance on the employers who specifically hire illegal immigrants like at the meat packing plants in Texas? Are you outraged that they have not been charged yet with any crimes?

Old 08-19-2019, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Yes. Nancy Pelosi defended Omar's antisemitic trope about Jews buying off Congress. What did you think her nasty remark about "it's all about the Benjamin's" referred to? She was advancing the antisemitic idea that Jews control government with their all-powerful money. Look up the Rothschilds in case you're not familiar. It's an antisemitic attitude that has been tossed around for hundreds of years.

And before you explain away that Omar wasn't referring to Jews, ask yourself if liberals would have been so quick to explain away bigoted comments about blacks, or Muslims, or gays. But Jews? Eh, who cares?
I haven’t seen you complain about Trump making anti Semitic comments, do those bother you as well? Like when he told Jewish conservatives “you aren’t going to support me because I don’t want your money”.

Old 08-19-2019, 04:50 AM

Quote:
What happened to Muslims in our own country? There was no Muslim ban. Most Muslim countries had no restrictions on them - just the one that breed terrorists.

And Israel banned two antisemtitic Congresswoman whose express purpose was to run an anti-Israel propaganda campaign, with the ultimate goal to help destroy Israel entirely. And besides, their itinerary said this was a delegation to Palestine. (Wherever that is.) If they wanted to visit Palestine, they should have gotten a visa from Palestine.
Breed terrorists? Do we breed white nationalist terrorists in this country?

Anyway the Muslim ban was inherently not about the places Terrorists come from because it did not include Saudi Arabia. And yes, it effected many Muslims from this country who couldn’t see family members.

Old 08-19-2019, 05:10 AM

Quote:
I like his policies over those being peddled by the liberals. They've really gone off the deep end, putting illegal aliens in front of Americans.

(And don't get me started on what the liberals have done with an adjacent "sanctuary county." There are so many illegals there - estimates are about 30% of the population - who are so unskilled and uneducated that they can't afford to rent even a low-rent apartment. So the liberals have OK'd the conversion of SFH neighborhoods to high-density, allowing people to build additional "residences" in their backyards. Slum landlords are moving in, taking over formerly middle-class neighborhoods, and turning the place into a slum. But I digress....)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
If you are concerned about illegal immigration what is your stance on the employers who specifically hire illegal immigrants like at the meat packing plants in Texas? Are you outraged that they have not been charged yet with any crimes?
If it can be proven that the employer knowingly hired illegals, yes....charged. At the same time, the illegals should be charged with falsifying government documents (social security), charged, and deported. Agree?

P.S. You skipped over my point about progressive liberals permitting backyard "dwelling units" can be built in formerly middle-class SFH neighborhoods so low-income illegals can have a place to live. Don't you agree that it is wrong to bring down a neighborhood, harming middle-class Americans, because illegals can't afford an apartment?

Old 08-19-2019, 05:16 AM

Quote:
I haven’t seen you complain about Trump making anti Semitic comments, do those bother you as well? Like when he told Jewish conservatives “you aren’t going to support me because I don’t want your money”.
Yeah, I didn't like that, but he didn't say that as part of his effort to destroy Israwl. (Trump was my last choice among the Rs). I would rather hear it from someone who is for the Jewish people and the existence of Israel, rather than someone who is against Jews and advances antisemitic tropes with the intention of weakening, and ultimately, destroying Israel.

Old 08-19-2019, 05:22 AM

57,410 posts, read 26,350,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Pelosi defended her after she was attacked for her comments. Are you taking issue with the word supported?

Again here is the democratic statement.

Quote:
We are and will always be strong supporters of Israel in Congress because we understand that our support is based on shared values and strategic interests. Legitimate criticism of Israel’s policies is protected by the values of free speech and democratic debate that the United States and Israel share. But Congresswoman Omar’s use of anti-Semitic tropes and prejudicial accusations about Israel’s supporters is deeply offensive. We condemn these remarks and we call upon Congresswoman Omar to immediately apologize for these hurtful comments.

Old 08-19-2019, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Breed terrorists? Do we breed white nationalist terrorists in this country?

Anyway the Muslim ban was inherently not about the places Terrorists come from because it did not include Saudi Arabia. And yes, it effected many Muslims from this country who couldn’t see family members.
First, those countries were known to house terrorists, and we couldn't vet them. Why take a risk with American lives because liberals are so eager to let anyone who wants to come here, regardless of the risk?

And second, sorry that.Muslims couldn't see their family members. It was the price to pay to protect Americans against even one single terrorist slipping into this country from a country that harbors terrorists, and whom we couldn't properly vet.

If it were a true Muslim ban, Muslims throughout the world would have been banned. They weren't. The majority were not impacted.

And finally, why are you back to defending Muslims and illegals? This thread is about the rising antisemitism in the Democrat Party. Any concern there? How about standing up for Jews, and calling out Omar and Tlaib, rather than going back to expressing support for Muslims?

Old 08-19-2019, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Again here is the democratic statement.
Pelsoi did indeed defend her. She said she was confident that Omar was not antisemtitic, defended her against the backlash that resulted from her antisemitic tropes, and refused to issue a resolution singularly condemning antisemitism or Omar. She protected her against the Jews, including Shumer and Nadler, who called Omar out.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...t-anti-semitic

Old 08-19-2019, 05:33 AM

11,233 posts, read 8,331,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Through out history, there seems to be a high percentage of Jewish people voting for the Democratic Party.

My family is split up by many Republican Jews and some liberal Jewish people.

My direct family members always voted for a Conservative.

Many Jewish people I spoke with in the past were democrats, but now I have seen a change. Some seem to be afraid to admit their change of hearts but even on TV, I have seen Democratic Party members (Jewish) who no longer can stand behind Schumer, Pelosi, and the squad and their hate.

Maybe we have to thank the squad for showing what the Democratic Party is about and I* believe from what I have been hearing lately, that more Jews will vote for Trump. Maybe not all will do so because they agree with everything, but many can no longer stand behind the Democratic Party that is overflowing of Anti-Semitism.
Why would we? Most of us understand that we can question the tactics of Israel and that doesn't make us anti-semitic. Just like most of us understand that we can articulate things that are wrong with the USA (Greatest nation on earth) and it doesn't make us unpatriotic.

Most Jews, just like most thinking Americans don't fall for the "if you say this, it means you believe that" rhetoric of the far-out Trump base.

So the answer is no. We'd rather support a party who can be critical of self, rather than support a party who calls people who march for complete annihilation of our existance "fine people". Pretty easy choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies