Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2015, 01:38 PM

14,324 posts, read 14,623,274 times

Advertisements

So schedule leaks are coming out ahead of the announcement tonight and as most people thought, Pats and Steelers for the opening game. Of course, if the "leaks" and "sources" are right. Local news guys here use sources way too often!

I wasn't on the "it will be a division game" bandwagon, doesn't happen very often, I don't think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 06:38 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,802,896 times
4 of the last 6 games on the road should be a tough way to end the season.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:45 PM

815 posts, read 737,048 times
Week 4 Bye sucks, but it's been since 2008 so I suppose they were due for it. Fairly soft Home schedule with most of the hard games coming on the road....good way to build mental toughness.

Old 04-22-2015, 04:01 PM

796 posts, read 505,447 times
Do Pats still have Vince Wilfork? If not, who has him... if anybody? Also do Pats still have Malcolm Butler?

I'm still surprised Pats gave up Revised and Browner. What are they going to do with the seemingly improved defenses of their division rivals?? I know Belichek is an excellent coach and have a system but I'm just curious. Also Brady getting older so they should keep that in mind as far as protecting him.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:05 AM

Wilfork is with the Texans now, still have Malcom Butler.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:42 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
I say Belichick trades out of the first round, and stockpiles a few more 2/3/4 round picks. It's a numbers game, and Belichick knows there can always be a diamond in the rough.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:44 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,537,659 times
Wells report finds that New England Patriots probably deflated balls

Old 06-26-2015, 11:46 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,802,896 times
Exploring NFL’s inconsistent reactions to erroneous ESPN reports | ProFootballTalk

Mike Florio brings up some very good points in this article. The NFL was very fast and quick to correct a simple mistake about how long the appeal would last. But sat back and did nothing when league sources leaked to Chris Mortensen that 11 of 12 balls were 2 pounds under the 12.5 limit.

Old 06-26-2015, 02:15 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,396,324 times
This sounds like Brady will not win the appeal but might suit up for Game 1.

A league source tells Profootballtalk.com that Tom Brady "simply reiterated his denial" regarding involvement in or knowledge of deflating footballs during Tuesday's appeal with commissioner Roger Goodell, and "the answers were regarded by some in the room as not entirely credible."

Reports following Brady's meeting with Goodell indicated Tom Terrific gave an "A+ performance," but it seems league officials disagree. Brady reportedly attacked the Wells Report and stated he "didn't do anything wrong." PFT's Mike Florio -- a former attorney -- believes it is "unlikely" that Goodell will "fully exonerate" Brady, and may opt to uphold his four-game suspension.

A decision on Tom Brady's appeal is not expected until mid- or late-July. Article 46 of the CBA requires a decision to be issued "as soon as practicable." As we've seen before in cases like this, it's going to take a while. The post-hearing briefs in the appeal aren't even due until late next week, and then Roger Goodell will digest them. If Brady's camp isn't happy with the ruling, he'll then challenge the NFL in court. PFT suggests that path could lead to Brady being under center in Week 1 against the Steelers as the case gets tied up in the courts.

Old 06-28-2015, 01:01 PM

The Ginger Hammer won't overturn the suspension, it would make him look terrible. "Sorry owners, I just spent over 5 million dollars of your money on a report that produced no proof and was full of inconsistencies.....please keep paying me 44 million per year."

This will go to court and I have heard tons of varying opinions of how that will turn out. One said that judges are extremely reluctant to overrule an independent arbitrator, but Goodell is the farthest thing from independent. One concern I have is that while the court would likely place the suspension on hold pending the outcome...if the court makes a decision mid-season, that could mean missing Brady for 4 games when games matter a lot more. Of course it could also get tied up in court until next offseason as well.

One thing I am confidant in...whenever Brady is playing this year, he is going to be lights out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football