Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2019, 09:15 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post

Odd year for the Pats in that they lost 5 games to teams that didn't make the playoffs and did so well against the better teams.

shows you that the Pats get bored during the regular season. They only play to win the division and get the #1 seed and if it wasn't for the Miami miracle (1 play) they would have been #1 seed.

When you go to the AFC championship game 8 years in a row and 4 times to the SB in the last 5 years and you are a veteran team you get bored with the regular season and could care less about individual stats or regular season stats. They are about picking your spots in the regular season, staying healthy to put your team in the best position in the playoffs to make a run at it.

They all beat playoff teams this season:

Texans
Bears @ Chicago
Colts
Chiefs twice (and 1 @ Arrowhead)
Chargers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2019, 07:39 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,852,079 times
Notably, KC was 2 - 4 against playoff teams in the regular season. The Rams were 4 - 3.

Old 01-27-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Notably, KC was 2 - 4 against playoff teams in the regular season. The Rams were 4 - 3.
KC lost 4 games by and average of 3.5 points and 3 of those 4 games were on the road......Rams lost 3 games by an average of 9 points and those 4 wins were at home.

Chiefs play in a tougher division this year than the Rams. AFC West 34-30 record while the NFC West went 30-34 record. AFC West scored 1,612 points while the NFC West scored 1,522 points.

Rams beat the Chiefs in LA by just 3 points. If the game was at Arrowhead, Chiefs beat the Rams by double digits especially in the cold weather.

Old 01-29-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
KC lost 4 games by and average of 3.5 points and 3 of those 4 games were on the road......Rams lost 3 games by an average of 9 points and those 4 wins were at home.

Chiefs play in a tougher division this year than the Rams. AFC West 34-30 record while the NFC West went 30-34 record. AFC West scored 1,612 points while the NFC West scored 1,522 points.

Rams beat the Chiefs in LA by just 3 points. If the game was at Arrowhead, Chiefs beat the Rams by double digits especially in the cold weather.
Margin of victory doesn't matter, just the win or the loss. With the playoffs counted, the Chiefs were 3 - 5 against playoff teams while the Rams are now 6 - 3 and still playing. I don't know which team is better, Chiefs or Rams; let's see how the Rams do in the Super Bowl. KC lost to the Pats twice this past year so there's not much question which team was better this year.

Old 01-29-2019, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Margin of victory doesn't matter, just the win or the loss. With the playoffs counted, the Chiefs were 3 - 5 against playoff teams while the Rams are now 6 - 3 and still playing. I don't know which team is better, Chiefs or Rams; let's see how the Rams do in the Super Bowl. KC lost to the Pats twice this past year so there's not much question which team was better this year.

yes, Chiefs lost to the Pats at home (Pats are undefeated at home) by 3 points and lost to the same Pats in OT in the playoffs.

We shall see on Sunday if the Rams can beat the Pats.......by the way, Rams should be 5-4 and not in the SB. They got a gift from the refs.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:05 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
yes, Chiefs lost to the Pats at home (Pats are undefeated at home) by 3 points and lost to the same Pats in OT in the playoffs.

We shall see on Sunday if the Rams can beat the Pats.......by the way, Rams should be 5-4 and not in the SB. They got a gift from the refs.
I've come around to not feeling pitty for the Saints after seeing the multiple face masks and other non-calls that the Saints got away with leading up to their final drive. I believe had one been called the Rams would have been in FG range at the least. And their kicker is just about automatic.

Throw in the bad clock management on the Saints final drive, the fact that the Saints got the ball first but threw and interception. Rams deserve to be there.

Old 01-30-2019, 05:48 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I've come around to not feeling pitty for the Saints after seeing the multiple face masks and other non-calls that the Saints got away with leading up to their final drive. I believe had one been called the Rams would have been in FG range at the least. And their kicker is just about automatic.

Throw in the bad clock management on the Saints final drive, the fact that the Saints got the ball first but threw and interception. Rams deserve to be there.

I feel the same way, yes it was a terrible non call but the game didn't end on that play.

Saints took the lead, couldn't hold it, had the ball first in OT, turned it over....

The better team won the game....

Old 01-30-2019, 06:37 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post

saints seemed to control most of the game...
rams were getting desperate plays ...yet making some

because of the non call …..I hope they don't blow on every play at the s.b

Old 02-03-2019, 06:14 AM

My SB prediction - Pats 31, Rams 23. Pats get 4 TD and 1 FG. Rams get 2 TD and 3 FG. Pat's defense was ranked #7 in points allowed while #21 in yards allows. Rams were #20 and #19 respectively. The Pats' bend but don't break defense is the difference.

Old 02-03-2019, 09:07 AM

5,210 posts, read 6,142,795 times
Quote:
My SB prediction - Pats 31, Rams 23. Pats get 4 TD and 1 FG. Rams get 2 TD and 3 FG. Pat's defense was ranked #7 in points allowed while #21 in yards allows. Rams were #20 and #19 respectively. The Pats' bend but don't break defense is the difference.

I think some us old geezers don't like to make predictions but instead just hope and pray for a win. Although the Patriots have the Super Bowl experience along with the formidable Coach B and Brady who know what it takes to bring a team together, quite a few of their Super Bowl wins were down to the wire, even in losses (helmet catch).

I am just hoping I don't have to double up on my Blood Pressure medicine today

Go Patriots
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football