Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2008, 04:03 PM

536 posts, read 1,109,249 times

Advertisements

i'm so saddened about brett. i'm not a fan of football but i am a green bay packer fan. i can't believe he is doing this. is it all about money? ego? what? i just don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 05:10 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
Oh, here's another Brett Favre dumbass moment. The Packers and NFL may try to go after Favre and the Vikings for anti-tampering charges. It turns out Favre called the Vikings about possibly playing for them using a free cell phone the Packers gave Favre. The Packers got the bill and saw that he called the MN area and traced the # to the Vikings org. What an idiot; if Favre wanted to do something like that (whether it's an illegal conversation on playing for MN or an innocent "Hey, what's up?" one he claims to have made), then at least call from a # that doesn't belong to the Packers!

Old 07-27-2008, 06:32 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Oh, here's another Brett Favre dumbass moment. The Packers and NFL may try to go after Favre and the Vikings for anti-tampering charges. It turns out Favre called the Vikings about possibly playing for them using a free cell phone the Packers gave Favre. The Packers got the bill and saw that he called the MN area and traced the # to the Vikings org. What an idiot; if Favre wanted to do something like that (whether it's an illegal conversation on playing for MN or an innocent "Hey, what's up?" one he claims to have made), then at least call from a # that doesn't belong to the Packers!
could have done it unpurpous to get the packers attention. Maybe at one time, he really wanted to come back. What was the timeline?

Old 07-27-2008, 06:45 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
I'm glad he's gone and hope he stays gone. Dude was a poor sport, winning or losing.

Old 07-27-2008, 11:17 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
could have done it unpurpous to get the packers attention. Maybe at one time, he really wanted to come back. What was the timeline?
I'm not sure of the timeline (i.e. when Favre allegedly called the Vikings). I heard about it on ESPN Radio last week and the analysts were rightly ripping Favre for doing that on a cell phone that is directly being billed to the Packers' organization.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:19 AM

2,769 posts, read 7,235,498 times
I'm so sick of Brett Favre, I'm not a Packers fan but I used to have a lot of respect for him as a person and as a football player, not so much anymore. And I realize he couldn't care less what we think of him, but he is acting like the whole world revolves around him. Let's all feel sorry for poor Brett Favre, the Packers held a gun to his head and made him retire, how could they ever do such a thing, the Packers and the NFL can never go on without Brett Favre, please.

Brett Favre just can't stand the thought of not being in the spotlight, and now he has people feeling sorry for him and thinking the Packers are such a bad franchise for wanting to move forward. Shame on Brett Favre.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:45 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,663,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
I'm so sick of Brett Favre, I'm not a Packers fan but I used to have a lot of respect for him as a person and as a football player, not so much anymore. And I realize he couldn't care less what we think of him, but he is acting like the whole world revolves around him. Let's all feel sorry for poor Brett Favre, the Packers held a gun to his head and made him retire, how could they ever do such a thing, the Packers and the NFL can never go on without Brett Favre, please.

Brett Favre just can't stand the thought of not being in the spotlight, and now he has people feeling sorry for him and thinking the Packers are such a bad franchise for wanting to move forward. Shame on Brett Favre.
You said it. I loved the guy when he played. I made every excuse in the book for his prima donna "will he or won't he retire" antics every year. Now he's just embarrassing himself. And he's trying to call all the shots in this situation. What's up with that? When did he become management? HE wants to be considered for trades to other teams besides what the Packers are offering ... HE wants a release so HE can go play football. What a crybaby. He's not getting what he wants, so now he starts badmouthing management. He made a choice to retire. Stick with it and shut up. The franchise is bigger than Brett ... though it might not be bigger than his enormous ego.

This from a Pack fan of 25+ years, and a shareholder ...

Old 07-28-2008, 06:01 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,123 times
I only hope Packer fans Give Rodgers a chance. I can see one bad game and then the "well if Brett was in there he would have won" criticisms coming. People need to look at Brett early years and realize it takes time for a QB to grow. The fact Brett is doing this is hurting Rodgers even more and he hasn't even taken a snap.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:32 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,663,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I only hope Packer fans Give Rodgers a chance. I can see one bad game and then the "well if Brett was in there he would have won" criticisms coming. People need to look at Brett early years and realize it takes time for a QB to grow. The fact Brett is doing this is hurting Rodgers even more and he hasn't even taken a snap.
I agree. I feel terrible for Rodgers and the position he's in.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:16 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,914 times
why does he refuse to give the Packers a list of teams he'd be willing to play for? they've been asking for this for 3 weeks and still nothing. He refuses to return phone calls from Tampa and the Jets according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal, if he wants to play he needs to do this. Does anybody not understand the Packers feelings on this. He is still arguing for his unconditional release so he can play for the Vikings.

He's holding the team hostage because he hates Ted Thompson becuase he didn't take his trade, release/sign free agents advice. What a big baby. He got too big for his britches over the years. As far as I'm concerned he can sit on the practice squad the whole year.

It really is all about brett favre isn't it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football