Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2018, 06:18 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,474,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I was never a fan of this thread title, seems we are trying to use the Boy's nickname too much. But if you want a chuckle look at the first few pages where the Jason Taylor trade and Colt Brennan are getting love. Then some dumb ass makes a big deal about the Redskins playing in Maryland.
It's hilarious to go through some of those old pages and read what people have posted. Jason Taylor came in for one year to get paid, went back to Miami, and then became a Hall of Famer. Probably just that move alone got him into the Hall of Fame, lol!!

Speaking of Peterson, if he can stay healthy, he can be a good stop gap. I think an AP at 50% is still better than a lot of running backs, and who knows, maybe with him sharing time between the other backs, it will keep him fresh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 08:10 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,614,735 times
Quote:
At first I was very meh on the AP signing, another Larry Johonson IMO. But then I saw this clip from last year. He ain't the real AP but he sure looks better than Rob or Perine
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Speaking of Peterson, if he can stay healthy, he can be a good stop gap. I think an AP at 50% is still better than a lot of running backs, and who knows, maybe with him sharing time between the other backs, it will keep him fresh.
The Redskins have definitely acquired a very willing RB in AP. He gave the Cardinals enough offense on the ground to help its decent passing attack.

Peterson throws himself into the task; he will provide as much assistance as is asked of him -- including pass and run. You can always see his effort. He may be in the later stages of his career, but he will give the team his all -- and what more could be asked of any athlete?

Last edited by Colt AZ; 08-21-2018 at 09:14 AM..

Old 08-21-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
The Redskins have definitely acquired a very willing RB in AP. He gave the Cardinals enough offense on the ground to help its decent passing attack.

Peterson throws himself into the task; he will provide as much assistance as is asked of him -- including pass and run. You can always see his effort. He may in the later stages of his career, but he will give the team his all -- and what more could be asked of any athlete?
Exactly. Some people are saying this is just another Albert Hanesworth, Dion Sanders thing, but that's not why they're bringing AP in. First of all, he's not getting a gigantic contract. Secondly, had it not been for the injury to Guice, we wouldn't have even considered AP. This is out of need not making a big splash.

Old 08-21-2018, 09:33 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,074,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post

Peterson throws himself into the task; he will provide as much assistance as is asked of him -- including pass and run. You can always see his effort. He may be in the later stages of his career, but he will give the team his all -- and what more could be asked of any athlete?
occasionally get in the way of a blitzing linebacker or DB and be a viable receiver?

Old 08-21-2018, 10:13 AM

17,599 posts, read 15,279,200 times
Quote:
I was never a fan of this thread title, seems we are trying to use the Boy's nickname too much. But if you want a chuckle look at the first few pages where the Jason Taylor trade and Colt Brennan are getting love. Then some dumb ass makes a big deal about the Redskins playing in Maryland.

I actually liked what I saw from Colt Brennan in his few preseason games. He couldn't have been worse than John Beck, at least so far as what he could do on the field.

Ought to run a search and see the first where the first mention of "Horny for Zorny" is.

Old 08-21-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
occasionally get in the way of a blitzing linebacker or DB and be a viable receiver?
Yeah, but besides that, lol!

Old 08-21-2018, 11:48 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,074,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Yeah, but besides that, lol!
hope he does well for you, still see a lot of #28's in the crowd in Minnesota.

Old 08-21-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
hope he does well for you, still see a lot of #28's in the crowd in Minnesota.
The only question is, what number will he be wearing in Washington? That's Darrell Green's old number.

Old 08-22-2018, 03:34 AM

16,282 posts, read 10,424,652 times
My username on all my other message boards is Darrell Green Fan so yeah he needs to stay off #28.

I got a message from a mod asking if we want to change the thread title. Thoughts?

Old 08-22-2018, 06:15 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,614,735 times
Quote:
My username on all my other message boards is Darrell Green Fan so yeah he needs to stay off #28.

I got a message from a mod asking if we want to change the thread title. Thoughts?
If I may...

Why not Hail to the Washington Redskins Team Thread, which will fly in the face of those who keep wanting you guys to change your name?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hail_to_the_Redskins
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football