Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 10:15 PM

788 posts, read 1,272,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
You can't really force a connection.

Either it's there or it isn't.
This. I've been on countless dates the past year and have really only connected with 2 of them. Maybe 3. Connections are hard to come by in my experience. Of course, I feel the same way about people in general. I have a few very close friends and many more casual friends. Five dates with no connections isn't too much to be worried about. The more you go out, the more you're bound to connect with someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2014, 11:19 PM

647 posts, read 1,523,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
also note anything she says about something she really likes, and for the next date bring a small token along those lines. it doesnt have to be anything big or expensive, just something that shows her you were thinking about her and what she likes. for instance on girl i dated loved pigs, so every chance i got, i found a little pig for her to put on her nick knack shelf. another girl i dated wanted to buy a birthday present for someone, so i took her to the mall to various stores, and i made suggestions, some serious, some comical(to keep the mood light), and i noted her reactions to things. the next date we had, i gave her a stuffed flower that she liked.
I don't know. Giving gifts that early on seems too needy/nice guy-ish.

Old 08-02-2014, 11:24 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
How do you know that not being nice-guyish isn't what got you the brush-off 5 times? You don't have to do it on the 2nd date. But maybe the 3rd or 4th.

You still haven't told us anything about these dates, nor whether or not you were into the women at all. How do you expect us to be able to help if you don't give us details, details?

Old 08-02-2014, 11:27 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,027 times
Quote:
It's not like he had bought her a really expensive gift, though. Something that small is more than suffice-able, and making a point that he listened to what the girl liked.

Old 08-02-2014, 11:50 PM

943 posts, read 1,004,692 times
Exactly NewYorker. Being in touch with the other person and paying attention to them is what its about. If you are expecting the girls you dated to just fall for you without any effort on your part, then maybe thats why it bombed. Of course, I wouldn't know, because you haven't told us more about it. But I would definitely be less willing to go further with a guy who was sort of a bump on a log expecting things and being dissapointed because I didn't come through in whatever he was expecting.
I would be totally swept off my feet with someone who seemed to be truly interested in me, as a person, as a potential romantic partner and all that.

Old 08-02-2014, 11:50 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
How do you know that not being nice-guyish isn't what got you the brush-off 5 times? You don't have to do it on the 2nd date. But maybe the 3rd or 4th.

You still haven't told us anything about these dates, nor whether or not you were into the women at all. How do you expect us to be able to help if you don't give us details, details?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
It's not like he had bought her a really expensive gift, though. Something that small is more than suffice-able, and making a point that he listened to what the girl liked.
listen to these people simon, they are right. i didnt give anything big or expensive, just a little token taht was designed to let them know that i was listening to them. the gifts were trinkets to me, but they meant a lot to them.

you would be stupid to give something expensive on the second date, unless you are bill gates, then perhaps a mercedes might be appropriate, or not. but a single stuffed flower, or a small glass pig that cost a few bucks made their day, and deepened their interest in me, which means it was a good gift all around.

simon if you want a woman to be interested in you, you have to show them you are interested in them. and that means you have to show them that you LISTENED to what they said during your first date.

Old 08-03-2014, 12:01 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
I would be totally swept off my feet with someone who seemed to be truly interested in me, as a person, as a potential romantic partner and all that.
THIS is what women notice. When men express genuine interest.

Old 08-03-2014, 12:03 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,027 times
Rbohm, anymore nuggets and tips to throw our way? :P

Old 08-03-2014, 01:28 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Quote:
Exactly NewYorker. Being in touch with the other person and paying attention to them is what its about. If you are expecting the girls you dated to just fall for you without any effort on your part, then maybe thats why it bombed. Of course, I wouldn't know, because you haven't told us more about it. But I would definitely be less willing to go further with a guy who was sort of a bump on a log expecting things and being dissapointed because I didn't come through in whatever he was expecting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Rbohm, anymore nuggets and tips to throw our way? :P
how much more do you need? if you show a genuine interest in a woman, she will notice it, and she will respond in a positive manner.

also do yourself a favor and read up on a little poetry as well, and use it. women respond well when you really set out to capture her heart. just remember to be gentle with that heart when you win it, and it will serve you well for years to come.

Old 08-03-2014, 01:48 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,850,263 times
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
how much more do you need? if you show a genuine interest in a woman, she will notice it, and she will respond in a positive manner.
What is this a joke?

All it takes is to show genuine, true interest in a woman and respect and appreciate her for the woman she is and she will reciprocate your affection in kind?

Wow. You have got to be kidding me.

Nothing could be further from the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships