Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 06:15 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
What is this a joke?

All it takes is to show genuine, true interest in a woman and respect and appreciate her for the woman she is and she will reciprocate your affection in kind?

Wow. You have got to be kidding me.

Nothing could be further from the truth.
what ever you think, but it always works for me. and as proof, look at the way the women of this forum respond to what i say. i am not saying they will jump into bed with me anytime i want, but they will respond favorably to me because i do the things i do that tell them that i LISTEN to them, to what they like, and what they want out of life rather than just let them prattle on and on and ignore everything they say. try it sometime you might find that it works for you too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2014, 07:07 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
What is this a joke?

All it takes is to show genuine, true interest in a woman and respect and appreciate her for the woman she is and she will reciprocate your affection in kind?

Actually it's true spanky.

Old 08-03-2014, 09:29 AM

943 posts, read 1,004,692 times
Quote:
What is this a joke?

I should be surprised, but I'm not. Here you have REAL people giving their real life advice and experience that has worked for them, and is true.
Its not like anyone said gravity doesn't work.
You have an odd way of shooting down perfectly legitimate posts.
And from what you say, you could really use the advice.
I don't get your angle.

Old 08-03-2014, 09:55 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
It isn't a lie, but it doesn't work for everyone. Did not once work for me when I was trying to find someone. I won't shoot down the advice that someone gives if it has actually worked for them, but don't think that the advice will work for every person trying to use it.

Old 08-03-2014, 09:59 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,458,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Try the next 5 and see what happens.
lol. The OP fails to realize just how many it takes to get it right. Five is nothing. Try 20 or 30; try friendships with unrequited love/longing try the friend zone try girls you are attracted to that are not as attracted to you (if at all) try a lot of weird, unique situations no one would ever believe you (if you were to tell anyone about them). Five is just getting started; OP should have experienced as much in high school, if not junior high.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:04 AM

27,576 posts, read 28,680,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Experts say you have to go through about 100 people before you find someone you feel a good connection with.
Good God. I never dated anything close to that many women in my life.

You might as well make a career out of it at that point. lol.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:05 AM

943 posts, read 1,004,692 times
On second thought....

Last edited by foclampt; 08-03-2014 at 11:14 AM.. Reason: it just doesn't seem right to say this after all.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:09 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,458,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Good God. I never dated anything close to that many women in my life.

You might as well make a career out of it at that point. lol.
I'm not sure if it is necessarily about dating 100 women. You might date 5, 10, even 15, before you realize how many aren't worth your time, or how many would not be a good look for you. That is where the other 85 come in, IMHO Those are just girls you acknowledge, might have some interesting conversations with, might be friends with, etc. but didn't necessarily need to get to know further.

But yeah, if you're hooking up with 100 women, that is an entirely different story.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:20 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,850,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
I should be surprised, but I'm not. Here you have REAL people giving their real life advice and experience that has worked for them, and is true.
Its not like anyone said gravity doesn't work.
You have an odd way of shooting down perfectly legitimate posts.
And from what you say, you could really use the advice.
I don't get your angle.
It's just not true.

So, whatever the guy's height and face, if he shows a genuine interest in you, then he's in?

It's just silly.

And please don't start in with the personal cheap shots. I have never taken a shot at you.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:24 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,850,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Actually it's true spanky.
It is not true at all.

Read it again.

You are saying that any guy who shows a genuine interest in you is in? And yes, I mean a true, genuine interest in you as a person, beyond the physical.

And even if it were true for you, it is not true for 99 out of 100 women.

That's not even true for making friends. How could it be true for romance? LMAO.

Last edited by JJS99; 08-03-2014 at 10:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships