Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 10:26 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
It's just not true.

So, whatever the guy's height and face, if he shows a genuine interest in you, then he's in?

It's just silly.

And please don't start in with the personal cheap shots.
i am not one that women would normally consider dating material, but because i treat women the way i do, i get all the dates i want. and i have had relationships where the women chased me early on. but you cant just show an interest, you have to HAVE a genuine interest in the women you want.

and i wouldnt argue when the WOMEN tell you what works with them, i would figure out what i am doing wrong and make changes to do it better(men never really do it right, but we can always do it better).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2014, 10:31 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,850,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i am not one that women would normally consider dating material, but because i treat women the way i do, i get all the dates i want. and i have had relationships where the women chased me early on. but you cant just show an interest, you have to HAVE a genuine interest in the women you want.
Whatever. I can't even tell you how wrong you are.

I have been rejected by women that I have gotten to know over a long time who I have had many things in common with and bonded.

I have been rejected by women who have called me awesome, easy to talk to, inspiring to them. None of this is exaggerated. All verbatim.

Which is fine by me. That's just the way the game works. But to tout your theory and to think some kid is going to read your post and be assured that hottie is going to like him because he genuinely likes her and yes, appreciates her as a person and bonds with her?

Nothing could be further off. It's just lunacy. It's not true for men either.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:35 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
Everyone calls you Froggy, right? You have been here at least as long as I have, if not longer, and every single one of your posts is the same, pretty much.
I tried starting communicating with you, I think you answered once and it died completely. It doesn't even matter if you had all sorts of preconceived notions about what it meant that I was pm'ing you, you just quit talking to me. I could have at least been a friend. And why close the door on a friendship?
I don't understand you either.
Here you are, always lamenting your love life, but you pretty much closed the door in MY face.
I don't get it.
Do you LOVE being a sad sack or what?
There were no preconceived notions in my thinking. I read it as a suggestion, that was basically it.

Old 08-03-2014, 11:10 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
There were no preconceived notions in my thinking. I read it as a suggestion, that was basically it.
Awwww Prince she wanted you and you shot her down?

Old 08-03-2014, 11:16 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Awwww Prince she wanted you and you shot her down?
There was no "shooting down" as there was nothing that hinted that she had interest in me. If there was any, I didn't see it and I've said many times here that I do not know what it's like being approached, as I've never been. It's also on the internet, which is even more difficult to be more subtle, since I can't READ PEOPLE online.

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
It's just not true.

So, whatever the guy's height and face, if he shows a genuine interest in you, then he's in?
You've missed the story line on this thread. Once you have a date, the way to keep her interested in you is to demonstrate a true interest in her. That can be captivating.

943 posts, read 1,004,692 times
Quote:
It's just not true.

It's just silly.

And please don't start in with the personal cheap shots. I have never taken a shot at you.
Oh, I'm sorry if I sounded like I was taking a cheap shot...I sincerely do not get why some men who come here regularly have a drum they beat - same beat over and over - I don't get why they don't just try to implement some of these ideas? Sure it might not work immediately and for everyone you meet, but, there are lots and lots of people in the world. There is most certainly someone who will appeal to you and someone you will appeal to.

Old 08-03-2014, 11:19 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
There was no "shooting down" as there was nothing that hinted that she had interest in me. If there was any, I didn't see it and I've said many times here that I do not know what it's like being approached, as I've never been. It's also on the internet, which is even more difficult to be more subtle, since I can't READ PEOPLE online.
*There there Reds*You will get it someday.Listen to your intuition.

Old 08-03-2014, 11:19 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,998,293 times
Quote:
Whatever. I can't even tell you how wrong you are.

I have been rejected by women that I have gotten to know over a long time who I have had many things in common with and bonded.

I have been rejected by women who have called me awesome, easy to talk to, inspiring to them. None of this is exaggerated. All verbatim.

Which is fine by me. That's just the way the game works. But to tout your theory and to think some kid is going to read your post and be assured that hottie is going to like him because he genuinely likes her and yes, appreciates her as a person and bonds with her?

Nothing could be further off. It's just lunacy. It's not true for men either.

Have you ever heard the phrase 'necessary but not sufficient'?

Old 08-03-2014, 11:25 AM

943 posts, read 1,004,692 times
Quote:
Well, Froggy, I took down my post because I realized that it seemed like I was putting you down. I didn't really want to do that. I know you have a hard time with dating, and I don't know you personally, so, everything you say could be true.
I have often seen in real life that there are all kinds of different looking people, together as couples. In my mind, YES, it is true that a long lasting and good relationship does not have to be based on looks.
I don't consider myself to be all that good looking, and have my suspicions. But, I don't lament it much because I am aiming to improve what I have.
I will never be someone or something else, but I'm determined to believe the person that I am will be just right for the right person for me.
And as we know, its been a really really long time of thinking that way, which is fairly positive, yes, but I haven't really made much effort.
I know that will change soon, and I'm gearing up for it. I would hope that everyone who has lost 'hope' can at least gain some kind of hope from at least one person showing progress, that would be not giving up.
I don't think you should give up either, Froggy. But if you do, then thats really your business and your life.
When I started a conversation with you, it was just that, a conversation. But, all things start with a conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships