Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2011, 12:29 PM

505 posts, read 716,774 times

Advertisements

Reminds me of what my mom used to say : good thing they found each other, it would be a shame to waste two good couples.

Also reminds me of another momism: He/she needs to be the bride at every wedding and the corpse at every funeral.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:40 PM

8,956 posts, read 20,376,989 times
NOPE......absolutely never! Sorry to disappoint you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I could say a lot of things, but will leave it at: You might want to look into developing a more accurate self-analysis and also maybe look into cues that others may be giving you that you are not picking up . . . people before have said that most people are polite and won't just tell you to buzz off, though they may be thinking that . . .I would think with your "fun" personality, you may have met a few impolite people over the years who have told you straight up to take a hike . . . is this correct?

Old 11-03-2011, 12:52 PM

Here goes the word "NOPE" again! Social outcast? Ain't NO WAY, just the opposite!
Wife isn't obnoxious and doesn't think I am either. Some of you just need to learn how to "LIGHTEN UP" (think I've already said that in another post) and have some fun! I joke around and it doesn't bother the people where we live. Yes, I ask questions/make comments, but it's pretty obvious it doesn't bother the people (ladies and men) here! I kid around and they laugh, of which is a heck of a lot better than what some of you do!
Now, come on, let's all sit down, have a Bud Light or two w/a shot of Jose Cuervo Gold and listen to some Classic Rock like Boston, Deep Purple, AC/DC or BTO! Now THAT'S fun!! Gotta give that a DOUBLE "thumbs up"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
One of the curious aspects of social behavior (and personal self-awareness) that I have noticed is . . . all obnoxious folks think they are amusing, else they would not interact w/ others in an obnoxious manner, lol.

And . . . obnoxious people invariably either find themselves to be social outcastes or they hook up with someone who is just as obnoxious.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:58 PM

Awe, come on........the party is just getting started!
The more that can be thrown at me, the more I can throw back! "Comebacks" are definitely a specialty of mine. My wife says I'm very good at it!
Now, Curmudgeon, if these ladies truely wanted this thread to end and me to stop.......don't you think they would STOP posting? Very, very, VERY good question, hugh??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
LB, as a fellow male animal may I respectfully suggest you leave it alone. You ain't a-goin' ta win this one, Bud. You done teed-off a bunch of women and at this stage of the game, you simply continue to lose points. As an old soldier, I think it's time you beat a hasty advance to the rear!

Old 11-03-2011, 01:07 PM

454 posts, read 793,947 times
Had a neighbor similar to LoveBoat once... simply could NOT leave me alone with his "good natured" ribbing about my single status.. decided to not insult, fight with, or feel intimated so decided a little smart-a** sarcasm would work... here's the conversation that got rid of the little snoop :

"can't understand why you aren't married, Sandy".. my reply "I'M UGLY AND NOBODY WANTS ME"

"well, you DO like boys, don't you?"... my reply "WHY OF COURSE!! IN FACT, I TOLD YOUR WIFEY YOU'VE MENTIONED YOU WANT TO JOIN THE ORGIES I THROW EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT?"

LOL.. Mr. IQ of a houseplant never bothered me again

Old 11-03-2011, 01:27 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Here goes the word "NOPE" again! Social outcast? Ain't NO WAY, just the opposite!
Wife isn't obnoxious and doesn't think I am either. Some of you just need to learn how to "LIGHTEN UP" (think I've already said that in another post) and have some fun! I joke around and it doesn't bother the people where we live. Yes, I ask questions/make comments, but it's pretty obvious it doesn't bother the people (ladies and men) here! I kid around and they laugh, of which is a heck of a lot better than what some of you do!
Now, come on, let's all sit down, have a Bud Light or two w/a shot of Jose Cuervo Gold and listen to some Classic Rock like Boston, Deep Purple, AC/DC or BTO! Now THAT'S fun!! Gotta give that a DOUBLE "thumbs up"!
Okay. I have figured it out. This is all a fraternity joke, right? Cause there is no way you could be more than 20 years old.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:35 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Awe, come on........the party is just getting started!
The more that can be thrown at me, the more I can throw back! "Comebacks" are definitely a specialty of mine. My wife says I'm very good at it!
Now, Curmudgeon, if these ladies truely wanted this thread to end and me to stop.......don't you think they would STOP posting? Very, very, VERY good question, hugh??
Here's another "Nope!" It's not clever. It comes across as needy attention seeking and I find it rather juvenile.

As always, just one man's opinion.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:37 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,605,395 times
Quote:
Wife isn't obnoxious and doesn't think I am either.
If that's the case, why did you start at least two threads complaining that you and your wife can't make any friends?

Old 11-03-2011, 01:38 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,051,289 times
Quote:
"Comebacks" are definitely a specialty of mine.
Ahem. Actually, all of your "comebacks" are kinda lame.

Quote:
My wife says I'm very good at it!
Love is blind.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:49 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Know anyone like this who simply says "He** no!" about meeting someone?

We know some single ladies in their late 50's thru 60's that have absolutely no interest in meeting a man......our neighbor being one of them. Wife and I have noticed that she would be home on Friday and Saturday nights with her lights/tv on and we would look at each other and say "wow, that sure wasn't us before we met!" We weren't hard "partiers" before we met, but we sure didn't sit around at home and watch tv on weekend nights! We've talked to her and found out that she was married some 20 yrs ago and lived with a dude for awhile after her divorce. Once, on a Sunday, I seen her on her patio smoking a cigarette, while I was BBQing outside, and I asked her "so what you been up to this weekend" and she said "nothing". I looked at her, kiddingly, and said "lady, you need to get a life!". She smiled and said, "I'm thinking about it". She knows I have a curious mind about me.

Anyway, sometimes I just think everyone should have someone.......like I do. But, then again, some simply enjoy being alone, like my wife's brother (late 50's/never been married) and these ladies!

For all the years that I was divorced (21 of them), I never once thought this way. When I was married the first time, I was "tickled pink"! During all those years I was divorced, I was very (ok, extremely) "relationship/marriage minded" and was always looking for that. In other words, I HATED being single! I got very, very lucky when I met my wife, because she was just as "relationship/marriage" minded as I was. In fact, I'd had a real problem with relationships before her because I was so "smothering/clingy"! Again, I got very lucky as she was the exact same way........loved being with me as much as possible.
I think she is living how she wants to live and telling her to "get a life" is rather insulting, to be honest.

Some people, I'm one of them, have lived. I'm not saying I'm "done living" but some times we need a massive break.

I've been around the world, I've dated, I've met people from all over, the jobs I've had have made it possible to meet more people than I can count from all different parts of the globe, I've learned new cultures, I've learned new languages, I've been to school, I've moved all across this country...

It's time for a break.

And that means I go to work, I do my errands, I come home, I spend time with my pets and myself and I relax. I have no interest in meeting anyone right now. I'm at total peace with myself, I enjoy my own company, I don't need to party or go out or see the latest movie or the hottest show in town or dine out or anything of the sort.

I've done that. I've done that a thousand times.

Now I just want to live a very mellow life. There isn't a thing wrong with it, there isn't a thing wrong with your neighbor.

Do what makes you happy but don't assume that what makes you happy is what makes your neighbor, or anyone else for that matter, happy. It IS ok to be alone and spend time alone and just. do. nothing.

Oh and by the way, I'm not in my 50s or 60s or older. Let others be no matter what age they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement