Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2009, 11:24 AM

8,814 posts, read 21,278,987 times

Advertisements

It's just like an enchanted cottage in that wonderful setting.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 05-27-2009, 11:46 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,128,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
It's just like an enchanted cottage in that wonderful setting.
I agree, it is wonderful. I bet it sells quickly.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:54 AM

3,517 posts, read 13,260,698 times
Thanks for the peek, Wisteria. Best of luck. You might get a bite at your open house!

What is the long draping vine?

Old 05-27-2009, 01:02 PM

7,125 posts, read 12,665,237 times
A magical place, I can almost see the little woodland imps and elves dancing the polka among the trees and ferns...your special touch is everywhere...

Old 05-27-2009, 02:34 PM

205 posts, read 397,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Hi Everyone,

Well, the deed is done....my house is listed. If you're interested, here is the MLS link: 677 West Dr, San Lorenzo Valley, CA, 95018 - MLS ID#80925406 - Single Family Home real estate - REALTOR.com® The town is actually Felton (San Lorenzo Valley is the area of Felton). (Anomoly slept in the "blue room" of "The Love Shack" -- with the quilted cover.)

Or just MLS number 80925406

Note the virtual tour at the bottom of the 18 photos on the first page.

It's with a sad heart that I have to give it up, but since I have no alternative...."bye, bye."

Obviously, I am extremely busy (open house tomorrow and Sunday) and still trying to get more done. I was too tired this weekend to do a dump run -- will do it on Saturday, instead.

Now you can see where I live....for now....

Thanks for your support.

Wisteria
Wisteria; how absolutely beautiful! You have done a wonderful job getting the house ready to show. It shows great! And the kitchen came out - well, GREAT!!!! I wish I was a little munchkin living in that garden. Truly my garden of my childhood dreams. I know it's hard to leave, to change. But as we have all learned (probably the hard way) hanging on to what is is really hanging onto the past. Letting go hurls us into the future and allows us to start living the life that WE were meant to live for us. I don't think you are going to have any problems selling. Be prepared to move - I'm sure someone is going to want to start their new life there as soon as possible.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:00 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,784,597 times
Hi, and thanks for all the encouragement. I think maybe you are putting good vibes out there!

The Open House is officially on Sunday.....but I received a call at work this morning from a realtor in San Jose who has a client over there who has been looking for a place "to garden." So, I met him at my house at lunch time (just him, no client), and he said it was a single woman (maybe in her 40s or around 50 -- he wasn't sure, he didn't ask). Anyway, I wasn't prepared to show because I don't even have a lock box on the door yet, so I ran home and started to put things away, and he drove into the driveway.

His name was Clark, and I took Clark around the various areas. As I'd finish one area, he'd think that was it. Then I'd say, "Oh, no, there's more...." and he kept oohing and ahhhing. My realtor said I can't take any offers until after the Open House...that he, as a realtor, knows he has to call her about any offers. He was so excited, I can't tell you. All he kept saying was, "This is perfect, this is just perfect." And then he called his client from the house and is bringing her back this evening....this is all before the open house! Of course, her idea and Clark's idea may be totally different, but he was totally charmed. Then I also took him down to the lake (which, surprisingly, he had never been to before) and was overwhelmed. All he kept saying was, "This will sell the place -- this and your gardens!" I guess I will see them later tonight.

Tomorrow morning is the Brokers' walk-through. I guess the price is right! Oh well, it's not as much as I'd hoped for, but it will at least give me a decent down payment in another place (not Santa Cruz -- waaayyyy too expensive).

I hope I can find a rental with the pets for awhile, though -- that is a huge concern of mine. I hate to think of giving away all my animals until I relocate.....but I guess I have to take it one step at a time.

So, there you go -- I guess it is a charming place! Keep the good vibes coming!

Thanks, and I'll keep you updated.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:04 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,128,017 times
Great news, Wisteria! More good vibes headed your way!!

Old 05-27-2009, 03:24 PM

2,171 posts, read 7,662,014 times
WOW! Fantastic gardens. They will sell the place. So glad you're getting positive reactions right at the start. That will help a lot.
More good vibes coming your way.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:41 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,019,188 times
More good vibes..................your hard work will pay off - HANG ON TO YOUR BEST FFRIENDS!!!!

Old 05-27-2009, 05:04 PM

1,236 posts, read 4,048,003 times
Thumbs up More good vibes.......

May you have multiple offers with the highest bidder winning
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.