Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2011, 04:22 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,848,721 times

Advertisements

This was the first thread I ever read here because it was the one that really applied to me and still does. It started four years ago and still going strong...not too many threads you can say that about

Old 11-09-2011, 04:57 PM

379 posts, read 533,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
This was the first thread I ever read here because it was the one that really applied to me and still does. It started four years ago and still going strong...not too many threads you can say that about
Agreed!! I love it!

Old 11-09-2011, 05:31 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,787,483 times
Smile FWIW, I'm partial to the person who started this thread...

Wisteria ! But if you want to know why this thread warrants a 'sticky', take a look at the VIEWS, which are getting close to 500K and then look at all the other threads under Retirement and what their VIEW counts are ! Maybe then you will better understand why this thread is a sticky . I was one of the earliest posters on the thread, but quit posting sometime ago for personal reasons and now just read it every couple weeks or so. Obviously there are many like myself who enjoy reading it and it is popular, though offtrack at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I saw this thread and am not about to read it all. Just looking at the title, and the amount of responses, I have a question: What about this thread warrants it to be in a sticky? I don't see anything in the title that makes it that important. All right, I am not female, but that is not why I ask. Most stickies I see in forums are for topics that have enough importance that if they would start falling lower in the list, people wouldn't see it and would be hurt.

What makes this topic more important, say, than any of the threads involving how the the housing bust is hurting people trying to retire, and what can be done?

Old 11-09-2011, 06:13 PM

2,841 posts, read 3,198,031 times
I took Cruzincat's question to be argumentative rather than a serious request for information, and planned to ignore it.

This is a great thread and I hope it goes on a long time, and that women new to City-Data find it and join in.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:17 PM

2,841 posts, read 3,198,031 times
This month's AARP bulletin had a table showing the average price for a 1BR assisted living apartment for each state. It was quite an eye opener and not something I had given much thought to. Costs range from a low of $30,000/yr in North Dakota to a high of $66,000 in Alaska.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:03 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,423,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshinefromTN View Post
Has anyone relocated to the Florence Alabama area?

If so, what is your overall impression of the area and ammenties?
You might want to post this in the Alabama forum.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:05 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,971,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker2 View Post
This month's AARP bulletin had a table showing the average price for a 1BR assisted living apartment for each state. It was quite an eye opener and not something I had given much thought to. Costs range from a low of $30,000/yr in North Dakota to a high of $66,000 in Alaska.
Time for us girls to get together and form our own commune...serlously...we could do that for a whole lot less money and have fun too, as I said before, happy hour and wine in the IV's....

Old 11-09-2011, 08:26 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
I wasn't being argumentative. I just cannot fathom why it needs to be stickied when there are so many posts that there is little threat to see it disappear down the boards.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:16 PM

688 posts, read 1,247,226 times
Have I said that I LOVE this thread???

Old 11-10-2011, 06:13 AM

13 posts, read 19,789 times
Default Hey,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I saw this thread and am not about to read it all. Just looking at the title, and the amount of responses, I have a question: What about this thread warrants it to be in a sticky? I don't see anything in the title that makes it that important. All right, I am not female, but that is not why I ask. Most stickies I see in forums are for topics that have enough importance that if they would start falling lower in the list, people wouldn't see it and would be hurt.

What makes this topic more important, say, than any of the threads involving how the the housing bust is hurting people trying to retire, and what can be done?

I will not be as nice and ignore this thread, if you are a woman and can help other posters great, if not, your name says it all, try the romance section.

From living in Nashville, know all about rude men. Go have a good life and finis with this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.