Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2009, 02:03 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,288,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
o.k., I never posted a profile because of the lack of privacy. Granted, the private profile can still be compromised, but I'll give it a shot if y'all let me be your friend. Although I haven't posted very often, I've been following this thread for many months and now I feel left out! As for a picture... I have intentionally avoided having my photograph taken.
Anyway, the "Lenora wants to be your friend" will be going out. Be kind.
What Lenora said! Me too! I wonder how many of us are regular followers of the thread but don't post often.

I guess I'll have to break down and have a picture taken where I'm not obscured by as many people as I can get to stand in front of me.

I'm a caretaker for a parent with dementia and don't often have interesting or new things to post at this point in my life. At the same time I feel so grateful to still have my mom, it has narrowed the focus and range of my life considerably. Some of you have had this role and know what I'm talking about.

I'm living somewhat vicariously through you dynamic ladies. This is such an interesting thread and I feel very connected here even though you may not see my name often. The few times the thread has been quiet, I miss you guys!

I was excited hoping to see if some of you appear as I've pictured you but couldn't see the pictures. Guess I'm going to have to actively recruit myself friends instead of continuing to be mostly a looky loo.

What a great group this has become. Wish we could wiggle our noses and all be able to meet up someplace. Northern California is lovely this time of year

Old 05-08-2009, 02:57 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,288,563 times
Default Thanks for your warm welcome!

Thanks so much anomaly, plantlover and MN2CO! The ready response from each of you personifies the warm, welcoming and supportive spirit of this group. I'm happy to have you as my friends! Best wishes, Molly

Old 05-08-2009, 05:19 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
I have a confession to make. I sneak online during the day while at work. It isn't easy since I am very busy but here is where I take a break and sometimes log on just because. LOL.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:33 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,021,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I have a confession to make. I sneak online during the day while at work. It isn't easy since I am very busy but here is where I take a break and sometimes log on just because. LOL.

Naughty, Minervah!! I nevah!

Old 05-08-2009, 07:52 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,021,630 times
[quote=Tesaje;8703424
This swapping pics is a lot of fun. We are a bunch of good looking single women. It is a lot of fun to see the faces after spending so much time reading each other's thoughts. Not only are we a bunch of good looking women, but we each of us have kind faces. You know what they say, by the time you are 50, you have the face you deserve.

Maybe what we are building here is a network of friends who can meet and visit from time to time in our different places. The couple of meetups that have happened one on one are a lot easier to make happen than getting a group together. Tho I think that would be a blast if we can make it happen.[/quote]

I think once this economic mess starts looking up and each of us knows where we stand (what we have left and have the opportunity to get a job if necessary), we will all feel freer to start making more definite plans. My IRA picked up quite a bit this last month - let's hope that keeps going. Homes are not staying on the market long in this neighborhood, so that's good news. I need to find out what they are selling for - that's a key factor.

Also, since money won't be so tight and the unknown so, well, unknown - I hope a full meet-up somewhere will happen. WE DESERVE IT!!!!!

Old 05-08-2009, 10:45 PM

384 posts, read 990,455 times
Hi all. I check this thread from my iPhone. It is more interesting than checking my email account. I will need to catch up on all the pictures when return home.

Mollyblythe your Mom is lucky to have such a dedicated daughter. Caring fore the elderly day after day can feel repetitive and tunnel like. I currently have my still mentally alert but physically failing mother home from the nursing facility for the week I am visiting but I did go through years of the dementia process with my father. I continue to be amazed at how the whole day is focused on helping for functionality. Kudos to you for what you are doing, and for following this thread!

Old 05-09-2009, 09:54 AM

5,329 posts, read 6,021,569 times
Default You guys are so great!

Glad I'm not the only one who's addicted to this thread. My life is chaotic and I NEED access to this site. I can't explain it - but I have noted that this is the one thread on city-data where there are no loonies or mean posters. I would also love to meet up with others and am willing to travel anywhere to do so.

Without going into detail, I spent yesterday trying to work through the insurance/medical facility system to get a d*** biopsy scheduled. Hopefully I'll find the time this weekend to post my profile. Thanks for allowing me to participate.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:20 AM

522 posts, read 1,429,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
Glad I'm not the only one who's addicted to this thread. My life is chaotic and I NEED access to this site. I can't explain it - but I have noted that this is the one thread on city-data where there are no loonies or mean posters. I would also love to meet up with others and am willing to travel anywhere to do so.

Without going into detail, I spent yesterday trying to work through the insurance/medical facility system to get a d*** biopsy scheduled. Hopefully I'll find the time this weekend to post my profile. Thanks for allowing me to participate.
Here, Here! Not even a one, huh?
I think it's a reflection of Wisteria's character. And maybe it's because we're a little older and more gentle.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:21 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
best place to be is where you have fought the best and know the best.
why get old and tired and go to a new place and prove yourself again.
i haunt the battlefields where i have fought and won.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:44 AM

2,841 posts, read 3,199,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
best place to be is where you have fought the best and know the best.
why get old and tired and go to a new place and prove yourself again.
i haunt the battlefields where i have fought and won.
Maybe it's better to leave the dead bodies behind?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement