Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2009, 12:41 AM

4,550 posts, read 11,699,747 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by ozarksboy
I've read through this thread and it sounds like dangerous, barking, small-town dogs are making your life a living hell. I think your best course of action is to return to a large city in California where life is much safer and where dog owners, indeed all people, are friendlier and more apologetic.

I have to agree. It seems like the poor OP just has that bad energy that animals don't like I don't think there is anything that can be done at all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 01:22 AM

5,089 posts, read 15,404,810 times
Default The Delicious Guide to Dog Control

The coyotes and mountain lions love big meaty dogs --they are delicious.

The large eagles and the owls love small yapping dogs--they are delicious.

Newly arrived immigrants from canine meat eating nations, love dogs--they are delicious.

Please, all you dog owners make sure to feed your dogs well; let them roam and bark loudly, so they can be easily found, because in Colorado, dogs are loved--they are delicious.

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 02-21-2009 at 01:33 AM..

Old 02-21-2009, 05:08 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,437,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
I am so sick and tired of dogs!

I have finally stopped going for walks around my neighborhood because of the stupid dogs at every other house that come charging at me. Where are the bleepin' owners?

I live in a town where the houses don't have fenced yards. As you can tell from my name, I used to live in California. Everybody has fences there, so you can walk around your block in relative peace.

But HERE....no way. People let their dogs hang out on their front lawns, and then when I walk by...look out!
From small poodles to big labradors, 90% of the dogs see me coming and go mad. I'm only 5'6" tall, and I don't think I look at all scary. I try to ignore the dogs and stay as far away from their yard as possible, but I can't walk in the middle of the street!

Every once in awhile the owner will hear the ruckus and come out....and CALM THE DOG! Instead of apologizing to me, they coo their dog and tell them it will be okay. Huh?

I wish dogs would be outlawed. Take them all to the woods and leave them there. Survival of the fittest.

Now I just walk on a treadmill in my basement. Not very pleasant at all.
I live in a town where the houses don't have fenced yards. As you can tell from my name, I used to live in California. Everybody has fences there, so you can walk around your block in relative peace.

But HERE....no way. People let their dogs hang out on their front lawns, and then when I walk by...look out!

To be totally honest with you, the statement above is what really irritates people when you move into another State. Don't compare where you came from to where you moved to. Dog laws vary from city to city. You could try carrying some of those bones that come in boxes and tossing them to the dogs but then they may start following you, however they would welcome you rather then charge at you. As for banning dogs, no, I don't think so; have seen many humans that needed banning. Just wondering if California was so wonderful why did you leave?

Last edited by Alaskapat528; 02-21-2009 at 05:10 AM.. Reason: add

Old 02-21-2009, 09:05 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,882 times
What a thread! Let's put another twist on it....
Pigs used to be raised as pets...the pot-bellied ones.
Pigs love to root. That is their nature. They will root out from under a fenced yard. That is their nature.
Sooo, let's get pigs and let them root up the neighbor's yards and gardens, because they are just doing what is natural for them!

As for noise, we can get peacocks. They are very noisy, and that is their nature. Or maybe Donkeys. They are very noisy also.

Excessive noise is a nuisance, regardless of where it is coming from. That includes loud boom boxes! (Are they still called that?)

It is a real shame that people cannot enjoy a pleasant walk in their neighborhood.

Old 02-22-2009, 04:01 PM

804 posts, read 1,965,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
The coyotes and mountain lions love big meaty dogs --they are delicious.

The large eagles and the owls love small yapping dogs--they are delicious.

Newly arrived immigrants from canine meat eating nations, love dogs--they are delicious.

Please, all you dog owners make sure to feed your dogs well; let them roam and bark loudly, so they can be easily found, because in Colorado, dogs are loved--they are delicious.

Livecontent
There was a time when dogs were considered a pet to have in the country or on a farm... not in a dense city block or apartment complex. Perhaps the owners can only communicate with dogs and can't relate to people?

Time to take my feral wild mountain kitty out for a walk in the neighborhood. They like to play with noisy furry things
Attached Thumbnails
If you love dogs...don't read this thread-mountain_lion.jpg  

Old 02-23-2009, 06:14 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post

No, I do not for one minute think that you are trying to "help me with a fear of dogs". I think you are a fanatic dog lover who doesn't see my point.

It is my intent to protest dog owners using their dogs as weapons to ward off strangers. Or, to a lesser degree, being careless and reckless and not training their dogs to be socially acceptable. Barking dogs are a public nuisance...no matter what their reason is for barking. Barking dogs who are aggressive, are dangerous. And the excuse that they're just protecting their property doesn't fly with me.
Ahhhh I was just about to join in this thread 'on your side' but after reading this I think I'll leave you to your treadmill

Old 02-23-2009, 09:34 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Ahhhh I was just about to join in this thread 'on your side' but after reading this I think I'll leave you to your treadmill
Yep. And she never claimed be was physically harmed. My dogs have always been good judges of character. I have to think the "dogs in the hood" are too.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:46 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,882 times
All those who love dogs, (or any other four-legged animal), more that they do their neighbors, certainly do not impress me. I think it is a sad state of 'humanity' that people have come to this. Just another instance of mankind going down the drain!

Old 02-23-2009, 11:23 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
All those who love dogs, (or any other four-legged animal), more that they do their neighbors, certainly do not impress me. I think it is a sad state of 'humanity' that people have come to this. Just another instance of mankind going down the drain!
I love my dogs more. They are always in a good mood. Glad to see me, they have NEVER lied to me or about me. That is just the way it is.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:25 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
Interesting that you should read this thread as people loving dogs more than they love their neighbors. That interpretation is more indicative of where you're coming from than from the posters, really.

I, for one, don't think that mankind is going down the drain. If I did hold that viewpoint about mankind, perhaps I WOULD love four-legged creatures more than my neighbors, but I don't, either one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living