U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-02-2020, 01:59 PM
 
Location: US
20,627 posts, read 20,216,794 times
Reputation: 16665

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Lots of people are mad at the way Ca is being run and it doesn’t make any difference at all. When a state has a super majority in govt people have no say one way or the other. You might get all pissy hearing bashing on your adopted state but the constitution says we have freedom of speech.

You do put people down in practically every post to make your liberal opinions seem right to other people. How’s that going for you? All it does is feed your narcissistic insecure ego.

Exactly, liberals love diversity except when it comes to opinions and speech. Tulemutt is known to attack anyone with a different opinion.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-02-2020, 02:22 PM
 
Location: On the water.
16,994 posts, read 9,568,676 times
Reputation: 14250
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Exactly, liberals love diversity except when it comes to opinions and speech. Tulemutt is known to attack anyone with a different opinion.
So, this exchange has now turned into a referendum personal attack on Tulemutt ... not because Tulemutt has “attacked” anyone (which is clear by any reading of the recent posts) ... but because the other posters engaged can’t validate their personal opinions I have demonstrated are flawed.

Perfectly brilliant!

Anyone care to get back on topic and provide valid, researched proof of claims re: violent crime by homeless exceeding violent crime by non-homeless? Just wondering
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2020, 04:24 PM
 
Location: Paradise CA, that place on fire
1,194 posts, read 661,334 times
Reputation: 3245
I disagree with mutt on most issues but I don't attack him, only his ideas. He can attack me, it's fine, I'm not a sensitive person.

As for providing statistics and research, I simply don't care nor have the time. I preach what I see, be it driving around here in Paradise or down in Chico or watching television.

What is a fact that California keeps spending more money on the homeless than ever before, but the numbers of the homeless keep rising. That is from the Sacramento Bee, and forgive me if I can't provide the page number or the date.

The following is extremely inhuman and cynical, but: Don't feed the bears unless you want more bears on the porch.

Last edited by mgforshort; 02-02-2020 at 04:34 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2020, 04:49 PM
 
Location: Beautiful free Arizona
3,951 posts, read 2,243,985 times
Reputation: 5704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
So, this exchange has now turned into a referendum personal attack on Tulemutt ... not because Tulemutt has “attacked” anyone (which is clear by any reading of the recent posts) ... but because the other posters engaged can’t validate their personal opinions I have demonstrated are flawed.

Perfectly brilliant!

Anyone care to get back on topic and provide valid, researched proof of claims re: violent crime by homeless exceeding violent crime by non-homeless? Just wondering
That’s not the topic of the OP. If your so interested in violent crime why don’t you start a post with all your facts and figures the states been lying about for years?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2020, 05:01 PM
 
Location: On the water.
16,994 posts, read 9,568,676 times
Reputation: 14250
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
I disagree with mutt on most issues but I don't attack him, only his ideas. He can attack me, it's fine, I'm not a sensitive person.

As for providing statistics and research, I simply don't care nor have the time. I preach what I see, be it driving around here in Paradise or down in Chico or watching television.

What is a fact that California keeps spending more money on the homeless than ever before, but the numbers of the homeless keep rising. That is from the Sacramento Bee, and forgive me if I can't provide the page number or the date.

The following is extremely inhuman and cynical, but: Don't feed the bears unless you want more bears on the porch.
I didn't attack you. Or anybody. I asked you to validate your statements with verifiable facts. You haven’t, so I assume you can’t or don’t care to bother. In either case, that demonstrates what I am talking about. No problem and nothing personal. But “not caring” speaks volumes ... and “preaching what [you] see” without verifying does as well.

All cities and states are spending more money than ever before on homelessness as it rises everywhere. The problem worsens with new homeless because affordable housing inventory continually shrinks faster than already homeless can be housed through existing support programs.

People who lack accurate education on the issue should ask questions and learn ... or stay out of the way if they don’t care to become truly informed. Whining, complaining, vilifying, accusing, demonizing, fear-mongering, spreading rumors ... all counterproductive.

Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2020, 05:07 PM
 
Location: On the water.
16,994 posts, read 9,568,676 times
Reputation: 14250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
That’s not the topic of the OP. If your so interested in violent crime why don’t you start a post with all your facts and figures the states been lying about for years?
What’s “not the topic”? Violent crime by the homeless? It certainly is included in the broad topic of all things homeless in the Bay Area.

And I didn’t bring it up in this recent series of posts. I responded to false information.

Facts and figures? I have literally posted well over a thousand contributions in these homeless threads ... loaded with links and quotes to verifiable facts and figures to support. Now, how about you supply some verifiable rebuttal for a change of pace?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2020, 05:11 PM
 
Location: On the water.
16,994 posts, read 9,568,676 times
Reputation: 14250
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
...Don't feed the bears unless you want more bears on the porch.
And if the bears keep coming anyway? You’ll do what? Especially without understanding the nature of bears ...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2020, 06:47 PM
 
Location: Paradise CA, that place on fire
1,194 posts, read 661,334 times
Reputation: 3245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
And if the bears keep coming anyway? You’ll do what? Especially without understanding the nature of bears ...
I'm so happy you brought it up.

Maybe a year ago the Sacramento Bee had a very long, 2-3 page report about the bear problem at the Lake Tahoe.
Bears were breaking into vacant vacation homes, destroying property, tearing up refrigerators and furniture. On a few occasions occupants were attacked or threatened. Whenever a resident complained to Fish&Wildlife or the police, asking for a removal permit ( a bear trap or license to shoot) the neighbors turned on him.

The complainer's name and address was outed on Facebook or other social media. After that he got eggs on his windows, people spit on him at the market, his car was dented, and he received unanimous threats online which would disqualify any of us here on our beloved City Data.

Now comes the interesting part. All this was on the California side of the lake, full of liberal, progressive residents.

As the Bee reported it, and I can't quote but I am paraphrasing, the Nevada side had the problem too on a much, much lesser degree. The Bee didn't say ( I mean write it ) out loud, but the implication was that with Nevada laws being different, the locals being rather conservative, no-nonsense people, the offending bears got trapped or shot at on short order, and the bears quickly learned to stay away.

Before I get called a fascist nazi collaborator I'm against shooting the bears, the homeless or anyone else. This post is about the different ways conservatives and progressives deal with wildlife which becomes a threat.

Last edited by mgforshort; 02-02-2020 at 07:15 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2020, 07:04 PM
 
Location: Living rent free in your head
36,419 posts, read 16,940,632 times
Reputation: 26917
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
I'm so happy you brought it up.

Maybe a year ago the Sacramento Bee had a very long, 2-3 page report about the bear problem at the Lake Tahoe.
Bears were breaking into vacant vacation homes, destroying property, tearing up refrigerators and furniture. On a few occasions occupants were attacked or threatened. Whenever a resident complained to Fish&Wildlife or the police, asking for a removal permit ( a bear trap or license to shoot) the neighbors turned on him.

The complainer's name and address was outed on Facebook or other social media. After that he got eggs on his windows, people spit on him at the market, and received unanimous threats online which would disqualify any of us here on our beloved City Data.

Now comes the interesting part. All this was on the California side of the lake, full of liberal, progressive residents.

As the Bee reported it, and I can't quote but I am paraphrasing, the Nevada side had the problem too on a much, much lesser degree. The Bee didn't say ( I mean write it ) out loud, but the implication was that with Nevada laws being different, the residents being conservative, no-nonsense people, bears got trapped or shot at more often, and the bears quickly learned to stay away.

Before I get called a fascist nazi, I'm against shooting the homeless or anyone else. This post is about the different ways conservatives and progressives deal with wildlife which becomes a threat.
Nevada is not a conservative state, it's politics are very similar to California. It currently has a Democratic trifecta, house, senate and Governor Now about bears...yes Nevada has different laws regarding bears who want to move into your house but I'm not sure how/why you think the differences are attributable to politics. There is/was a crazy lady who lived on the California side and she raised so much hell that she made it difficult to get a permit to kill a predatory bear but I don't think politics were behind it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2020, 07:42 PM
 
Location: On the water.
16,994 posts, read 9,568,676 times
Reputation: 14250
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
I'm so happy you brought it up.

Maybe a year ago the Sacramento Bee had a very long, 2-3 page report about the bear problem at the Lake Tahoe.
Bears were breaking into vacant vacation homes, destroying property, tearing up refrigerators and furniture. On a few occasions occupants were attacked or threatened. Whenever a resident complained to Fish&Wildlife or the police, asking for a removal permit ( a bear trap or license to shoot) the neighbors turned on him.

The complainer's name and address was outed on Facebook or other social media. After that he got eggs on his windows, people spit on him at the market, his car was dented, and he received unanimous threats online which would disqualify any of us here on our beloved City Data.

Now comes the interesting part. All this was on the California side of the lake, full of liberal, progressive residents.

As the Bee reported it, and I can't quote but I am paraphrasing, the Nevada side had the problem too on a much, much lesser degree. The Bee didn't say ( I mean write it ) out loud, but the implication was that with Nevada laws being different, the locals being rather conservative, no-nonsense people, the offending bears got trapped or shot at on short order, and the bears quickly learned to stay away.

Before I get called a fascist nazi collaborator I'm against shooting the bears, the homeless or anyone else. This post is about the different ways conservatives and progressives deal with wildlife which becomes a threat.
Good to hear you don’t advocate shooting the homeless (or anyone else ) ... you didn’t specify your position on “trapping”, however. I am left wondering. And, if you do advocate for trapping and detaining, wondering under what laws such actions would be allowed unless in the condition of arrest-able crimes taking place? Anywhere. Conservative or liberal states.

By the way, before we go further down this “conservative / liberal” angle, are you aware from reading any of my previous posts that I have no political affiliation or ideology? That I have voted for both conservatives and liberals in national and state and local elections including for POTUS? Read any of my posts where I express support for strong state’s rights, extreme immigration controls, dismantling the welfare system, support gun rights ... quote and compliment certain conservative journalists and politicians? Humorous as hell that when I express support for issues and known figures generally regarded as conservative, I get no blowback from liberal readers. But when I express support for positions that faux-conservatives object to, I am assailed as a liberal

Thinking through issues strictly on the bases of science, logic, history, anthropological foundations, legal constraints ... and so on ... is apparently VERY threatening to many present era faux-conservatives.

Now, back to trapping homeless bears
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top