Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2011, 02:21 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,004 times

Advertisements

From the unquestionable evidence provided that the body was put into a clothes bag that is sold in a set of two with the other bag found in the house...along with the fact that the body was wrapped in a bed-set blanket that was 'part of' a bed-set where the remaining part (missing the blanket) of the bed-set was found in the house - there is no doubt that someone in the house was responsible for the death and disposing of the body. That means it was either Casey, Cindy or George. Cindy and George had no 'reason' to kill the child and dispose of her body. Casey did because of the free lifestyle she wanted. If Casey was innocent she would have honestly answered all questions from day-one instead of telling lie and lie...and she would have taken the stand to help get to the truth. That did not happen. With the actions and evidence presented in trial it is overwhelming that Casey is responsible for premeditated murder of her own child. Quilty - Murder One!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 02:30 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
From the unquestionable evidence provided that the body was put into a clothes bag that is sold in a set of two with the other bag found in the house...along with the fact that the body was wrapped in a bed-set blanket that was 'part of' a bed-set where the remaining part (missing the blanket) of the bed-set was found in the house - there is no doubt that someone in the house was responsible for the death and disposing of the body. That means it was either Casey, Cindy or George. Cindy and George had no 'reason' to kill the child and dispose of her body. Casey did because of the free lifestyle she wanted. If Casey was innocent she would have honestly answered all questions from day-one instead of telling lie and lie...and she would have taken the stand to help get to the truth. That did not happen. With the actions and evidence presented in trial it is overwhelming that Casey is responsible for premeditated murder of her own child. Quilty - Murder One!
I quite agree. If she has nothing to hide, why not tell the truth? To drag her dad into the story just made her look MORE guilty. So, why tell a dumb story instead of coming forward on involuntary manslaughter when you know full well you are being tried on the death penalty. It makes no sense at all.

....these are the very reasons as to why it looks premeditated.

Old 07-04-2011, 02:49 PM

288 posts, read 167,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Do you believe Casey had the body in her trunk? Do you think Casey tossed her body in the swamp?

I don't know how she died, but the parent of a child who died accidentally, does NOT drive around town with the body in the trunk of her car. She does not throw the body into a swamp.

She searched for ways to kill a child. (Neck breaking, etc.) She put the body in her trunk. She dumped the body in the swamp. She went out, got a tattoo and had a heck of a good time partying. She makes up Zannie the Nannie. Then she says Zannie the Nannie kidnapped the child.

Innocent mothers don't do that.

BTW: I don't hate Casey. I don't know Casey. But I think the state proved it's case.

Why would the daughter of a COP not call 911 in the case of an accident?
Because she is NOT NORMAL. Nothing in her life was dealt with in the same manner "normal" people would deal with them. How many people do you know who have numerous fantasy friends? She lives mostly in a fantasy world. I would not expect her to do anything which would have made this whole thing simple and straightforward. She's actually pretty self-destructive. I have read that something like 98 percent of our behavior is subconciously motivated. Casey Anthony is, IMO, a very self-destructive woman and has an enormous need to appear successful so basically her whole life is a fantasy. She does not face reality. IF she is found guilty of a death penalty charge, we will all hear lots more about these things in the penalty phase from mental health experts.

I'm one of those people who think that she accidentally killed her daughter, either trying to put her to sleep or possibly she did drown. I just don't believe she intentionally murdered her daughter. I think her reaction to her child's death was stupid and the reaction of someone who does not ever deal well with reality. I think in her mind she just wanted to "put off" dealing with the situation. As for partying, I found the expert's testimony about how different people deal with grief provided a lot of insight into why she did that. In my mind, the partying fits with her lifetime pattern of not responding appropriately to various situations; she denies reality by creating a different scenario. She is very practiced at advoidance.

I'm not sure about her keeping the body in her car and dumping it in the woods. I just don't know. There was contradictory evidence from forensic experts. If I were on the jury, I would want to look at the physical documents of the experts which were entered into evidence as exhibits and further explore that. She could have had help with disposing of the body.

I don't think she should be found guilty of capital murder simply because she didn't call 911. If Caylee was killed accidentally by overdose, Casey would have been prosecuted on really serious charges even if she had called 911. Bottom line, I think her mind works in a really different way from normal, adult, responsible people. I think this went on for 31 days because she just kept putting off dealing with the problem. If you look at it ONE DAY AT A TIME, she could easily have put it off from one day to the next.

Old 07-04-2011, 02:59 PM

288 posts, read 167,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I quite agree. If she has nothing to hide, why not tell the truth? To drag her dad into the story just made her look MORE guilty. So, why tell a dumb story instead of coming forward on involuntary manslaughter when you know full well you are being tried on the death penalty. It makes no sense at all.

....these are the very reasons as to why it looks premeditated.
Dragging her dad into the story just made people hate her more. Why would you be so sure that she was never sexually abused by her father? That sort of thing goes on in MANY families, from one end of the economic scale to the other. And it's always a deep, dark family secret. Her father is indeed capable of lying, and he did lie.

How do you know that she is not telling the truth? As far as I know, Casey Anthony did not have a choice as to what charges teh State would bring against her.

We also know that death penalty cases are very politically motivated. I think it's very possible, if this case had not been hammered in the media so much, that the State may not have sought the death penalty. But with all this attention, they basically had no choice. The Office of State Attorney is an ELECTED office in Florida. If they had not charged it as a death penalty case, then next election time any opponent of the current State Attorney would have used that fact against him in the election. Just a reminder, judges are elected in this state too. There's nothing in the criminal justice system more political than the death penalty.

As far as the if you have nothing to hide theory, how do you explain wrongful convictions? There have been a number of wrongful convictions in death penalty cases in this state and people have been released from death row as a result of such things as DNA tests. So, be careful when you think that if you did nothing and you have nothing to hide that everything will work out okay for you. That's an illusion.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:02 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
I don't know Morgain. If Casey was willing to throw her whole family under the bus in an effort to save herself....who could she possibly be willing to protect at this point?

Old 07-04-2011, 03:10 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
I will say this, most children of abusers NEVER say a word. As a matter of fact, they want their parent to be normal, so they just keep hoping.

It is common though for people with personality disorders to LIE about abuse, for the drama and pity.

George could be an Anti-Social, lying, child molester. But that still does not excuse Casey from telling the police the truth, back in July 2008.

Instead, she lied for this long? Why? To protect her child molesting Father? She stays in jail rather than tell this story? Casey is very self serving, she would have crowed this story back years ago.

And that still does not discount all the theft charges against her.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:14 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,166,775 times
She is guilty of being responsible for the death of her child no matter how it occurred intentionally or accidentally due to stupidity. She was the one googling chloroform also Caylee may have been going through the terrible twos and thrown temper tantrums which an immature adult such as Casey cannot handle. Many references underlined in a book owned by Casey about how to handle temper tantrums. I have been around many parents dealing with 2 yo tantrums and their reactions vary from being understanding and knowing it is a stage and dealing with it as best they can to thinking their child is mean and putting "them" through something awful as though they are the victim with no regard for the child's feelings. I put her in the second group being she has presented herself as being victimized by all those she apparently "loved" or were there for her. There truly is a special place in Hell for people like Casey...

Old 07-04-2011, 03:14 PM

5,331 posts, read 8,538,811 times
I want to believe that Casey stupidly sedated the child and she accidentally died, but other pieces of information from the case make me question that.

Based on everything I've observed of Casey's personality since this story was first on TV, that I could easily see Casey as someone who might have very intense thoughts of hatred toward someone when she is angry. I could see her doing those computer searches one day when she was feeling very, very angry about issues related to her parents and Caley. I could see her just sort of typing stuff off the top of her head in anger. It is actually quite common for people who have intense anger problems to have thoughts of harming or killing someone even if they don't take any actual steps to act on it. Its not unusual to have the thoughts. Typing ways to kill someone into google goes a step further.

On a short side note on that issue- recall the release of user search data by AOL back in 2006- here is a short article on it- apparently, many people did searches on topics related to how to kill people

So I could see her doing the computer search one day when she is simmering with anger.

Then those ideas were just sitting in the back of her mind, and the fight with her mother on the night of June 15th, the big blowout, I think, just pushed her over the edge. I think she did kill Caley in anger and a desire to retaliate.

If that big fight hadn't happened, I would be more inclined to believe the child accidentally died while being sedated with something while Casey partied.

But because the child was gone essentially the next day after that fight, and there had been those prior computer searches, I think while she may have acted out of anger, there was some premeditation to it.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:22 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,166,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
Of course Casey had an obligation to report the death of her daughter to the police. I"m not saying she didn't.

As for what she may have told her attorneys about sexual abuse, she probably told him as soon as he was hired. When someone has been arrested and charged with a crime, the time to talk to the police is OVER. At that point, it is imperative that the defendant speak ONLY to his/her lawyer or legal team. In fact, once she has an attorney, the police are not allowed to talk to her without her attorney present. Once charges have been filed, the case has to follow through to some end, and once the charges are filed, you can't just tell the police your father sexually abused you and then they will get the state attorney to drop the charges. Casey Anthony made a huge mistake by talking to her parents about her case when she was in jail. She should not have talked to ANYBODY but her attorney about the case. And I feel certain that her father, having worked in law enforcement, knew that.

Once charges have been filed and the defendant has an attorney, a period of time starts which is called discovery. At that point, the state is required to turn over all their information to the defense, and the defense is require to give the state a list of all the witnesses they intend to call, etc. I have no doubt that the State knew about the issue before the trial. Depositions of both Cindy and George Anthony were taken, as well as the brother.
It is possible IF (strong if) her dad was guilty of molesting her that she did not tell because she didn't want to lose his financial support. Best I can tell she was monetarily supported by her parents and she was old enough that they didn't have to do so. Don't bite the hand that feeds you might have been the scenario although far fetched!

Old 07-04-2011, 03:22 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Very interesting to read your POV, Morgain. They are making me think. Thanks for the explanations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime