Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2013, 06:33 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,564,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I can't believe this case is finally in the jury's hands.
Hi Kitten!!! Yes, it's amazing, you started this thread on January 12th. So much has transpired since then...I remember the day Jodi stood up, then shocked everyone by walking across the courtroom and taking the stand. And she talked for 12 days...It seem like so much was ahead of her then.

So many aha moments..so much graphic, 'bleeped' sex tapes..the lurker juror #5, the tweeting from jail..some old stuff from TV trials and some new stuff..it's been interesting. It's also been educational, watching the justice system in motion..

USA is great by having such a devoted and transparent justice system.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:39 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,999,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Yup, 4 women and 8 men picked for the final jury. Deliberatons are on.
Why twice as many men? NOT GOOD. They may go so far as to even acquit her! Most likely manslaughter at worst. The men will fall for the "slim and pretty" defendant's act. I wish I were on that jury.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:54 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,171,110 times
^^^ She DEFINITELY won't be acquitted. Jodi might have been pretty once upon a time, but she's not that cute after 5 years of bologna sandwiches and fluorescent lighting. And I may not be a man, but I'd hazard a guess that the whole murder thing, if not the bad implant job, might be a turnoff to most of them. Best case scenario she could hope for would be a hung jury but I am confident the verdict will be first degree murder.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:59 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,564,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Why twice as many men? NOT GOOD. They may go so far as to even acquit her! Most likely manslaughter at worst. The men will fall for the "slim and pretty" defendant's act. I wish I were on that jury.
The real question is, " How many Mormons are on the Jury?".

There is sure a lot of them in and outside the courtroom.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:22 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,999,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
^^^ She DEFINITELY won't be acquitted. Jodi might have been pretty once upon a time, but she's not that cute after 5 years of bologna sandwiches and fluorescent lighting. And I may not be a man, but I'd hazard a guess that the whole murder thing, if not the bad implant job, might be a turnoff to most of them. Best case scenario she could hope for would be a hung jury but I am confident the verdict will be first degree murder.
I hope you're right.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:28 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,890,748 times
Wow, Nurmi was on fire today.....................NOT !!!!! What a boring Attorney he is. I sure hope his final attempt at calling Travis a pedophile backfires on them, that was really low.

Can't believe this thing finally went to the jury.

Don

Old 05-03-2013, 07:33 PM

27,219 posts, read 46,824,959 times
Mormon or not...this jury will not let her walk!

Old 05-03-2013, 11:26 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,025,957 times
I hope she doesn't think she will get off easy like Casey Anthony did in her case. Maybe it's just me but I get this vibe from her that she thinks she is sort of above the law and can get away with anything.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:35 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,983,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Thanks for clarifying.

Hmmmm about Mason being pro-bono. Wonder what keeps him involved w her at all now. Maybe he's volunteering to help in the Orlando area. I wonder what other former clients he drives around? LOL ( but not really).

Are you listening to the ABC affiliate in Phoenix?? Apparently, national ABC had an issue with them running everything live ( seems like they've heard Nurmi in the past too), so ABC in Phoenix is broadcasting live on their own. Do you know anything about this situation?

Thanks!

MSR
I don't see why Mason doesn't just adopt Casey Anthony. Of course his wife may not like that. Maybe Anthony and Mason are just friends with benefits. Baez cut her loose and so did Dorothy Clay Sims. Dorothy wasn't much of an attorney, she was the official "pat her, stroke her, hug her, keep Anthony calmed down." Arias didn't exactly have a Dorothy Clay Sims, Willmott would whisper to her, laugh and giggle, but no hugging. I think the writing, drawing, whatever Arias was doing was given to her to keep her from going ballistic in the courtroom.

Willmott didn't do one thing yesterday or today ... not one sound out of her. She was puffed up like a frog, then stroking her hair and one time I did see her whisper to Nurmi to object ... but he didn't cause he was reclining in his chair drinking his water. She did write on the yellow pad, lots of notes I guess.

I watched CBS in Phoenix, they must have done the same thing, they don't 'bleep' out anything as far as the bad language. But they don't show the mutilated pictures. I noticed on another live stream I watched it would go silent then back on when the F word or other bad words was said. I was following the reporter on Twitter and he said they received their live feed from CNN so that is probably why the sound would go out.

I would assume the FCC would get involved if there was a problem, but the live stream was internet and there's not many laws governing the internet. I don't know if the stations broadcasted on local television all day long, all the soap opera viewers would have raised heck. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I'll watch the post above. Did Willmott do anything?

I checked HLN very briefly during a break. Their headline was: "Nurmi's Zinger" and then a clip of him saying he didn't like her 9 days out of 10 either. I'll admit, I thought it was one of the funnier things HLN has done

MSR
I didn't see that live ... I didn't watch any of Nurmi. I just waited for Juan to do his thing. I did read on Twitter what Nurmi said ... when he said he didn't like her 9 days out of 10 either ... Juan objected and the judge sustained and told jury to disregard the comment. If convicted Arias first appeal will be "ineffective assistance of counsel" ... since Nurmi didn't like her 90% of the time and it was known he applied to be removed from the case.

If this jury has any brains and the ability to understand and reason through the facts presented at this trial I think they will arrive at Premeditated First Degree Murder ... they have invested so much time already on this case ... I hope they are not swayed by just wanting to go home ... because the First Degree Murder charge means the jury then goes into the 'penalty phase' ... more time spent in the courtroom.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:49 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,983,316 times
Trinity, I can't understand one thing ... would a Mormon hang the jury ... would a Catholic ... would an Atheist ... would a Pentecostal ... would a Presbyterian ... would any of these let her walk ... what in the world has one's religious denomination and beliefs have to do with the jury. I have served on many juries and I have never had to declare my religious beliefs.

When I served on a Federal Jury I received an application in the mail to complete and return ... nothing inquiring about my religious beliefs or denomination ... it did ask if I had bumper stickers on my vehicle and if so what did they say. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime