Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2017, 04:41 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,862,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Spoiler
1-Not 100% sure. I was wondering if Dany was going to try and use Drogon to intimidate Jon into bending the knee, but was shocked to see Drogon taking a liking to him. Drogon himself might sense the Targaryen blood in him, or something more. She was asking him about what Davos meant about being stabbed in the heart. I don't know the lures of GOT, so I am not aware if Dany knows of a prophecy that could make her wonder who Jon really is.

2-Yes, Littlefinger isn't stupid. He knows he seen Arya with Tywin, he probably recognizes her style of fighting, and is now trying to pit the sisters against eachother to try and tear House Stark from within. The scroll MAJOR SPOILER, is something Sansa was told to write to Rob to get him to bend the knee to Cersei, but she was under orders from Cersei and Joffery at the time and feared for her life. Arya is going to see it as Sansa might not have true intentions for the Stark family and only herself.
None of those are spoilers by any definition - it all happened onscreen in the tv show in aired episodes.

Quote:
Curious. Robert had Targaryen blood in him. I wonder if the dragons can sense it in Gendry?
Gendry is a Baratheon, not a Targaryen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Did Gilly just unwittingly discover proof that Jon is not a bastard after all?
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
He was getting irritated with Gilly reading it to him. He gave it to little Sam just so she would stop reading it. And... because that way it "accidentally" makes it onto the wagon as they leave Oldtown.

Can you say Chekhov's Book?
It was kind of a silly inclusion, which makes me afraid it was just there to torture the audience, and will never come up again, haha.

Now that would be a plot twist: it never comes out on the show that Jon is Rhaegar and Lyanna's son

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
I disagree. I think the show is fine as is and I, for one, don't miss the fluff and the slow episodes of previous years. This is when I'm glad that I haven't read the books (likely won't). It gives me blank slate, so to speak, to judge the show solely on its merit as a show and nothing more.
Yeah, I don't miss all the NOW HERE ARE CHARACTERS, AT A BROTHEL, DELIVERING DISCOURSES ABOUT THEIR MOTIVATIONS AND THE NATURE OF POLITICS, TO A BACKDROP OF BOOBS type scenes we got so much of in the earlier seasons. All action all the time now, whoo. Anyway, it's only right to up the pace as the rising action nears its peak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I remember that scene. I'm not proposing a direct assault on King's Landing. I'm proposing that she create internal havoc within KL by taking her dragons there. It would be no different from the same choices she presented to the Tarlys.
Cersei's surely got the battlements lined with scorpions and lord knows what else by now. The dragons are tough but not indestructible, and what's more, it'd only take one lucky shot to off Dany herself. It's one thing if she's flying around as a moving, flaming, terrifying target in battle, but if she parked Drogon long enough to speechify, she'd be a sitting duck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I said, to my boyfriend and my son who were in the room with me at the time, "Do you have any idea how many points a guy gets with a chick, when her pets like him?"

Yeah, yeah, I know...they are her "children" not her "pets." Scale babies. WTFever. No, Dani, you do NOT get a tax deduction for them. Stop it.
Haha!

The animation on Drogon was amazing in this episode. Really underscored what gorgeous and terrible beasts the dragons are. His softening expression at Jon petting him was beautifully done. I also thought the actor playing Jon really sold the scene, which is remarkable when your realize he must have been petting a green blob on a stick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2017, 06:17 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Amazing AMAZING dragon scenes!! Kept rewinding them to watch again and again.

I thought maybe Jon's connection with Drogon meant he might be a dragon rider in the coming battles.

The romantic tension between Jon and Dany is getting pretty intense....

I love how Sam's character is evolving with such new strength, confidence, and commitment.

Old 08-15-2017, 06:26 AM

Another thing I've noticed different about this season is the lack of excessive and perverse violence, torture, and raping scenes. I think people's complaint were heard, and the writers realized the show is good enough on its own without having to cross the perversity line so often.

Old 08-15-2017, 06:55 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,526,811 times
Quote:
Speaking of Pod. Why does the show waste so much time on him? I just have no idea what is the point of having him in the show, when I would rather have more scenes of the Hound. He is like the most useless character to me.
I just noticed his background when viewing previous seasons. He was about to be hanged as a stealer of ham when Robert recognized his last name and pardoned him to serve as squire to Tyrion. He is apparently related to Ilyn Payne, lopper of heads.
Seems too good a character to waste.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:37 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,691,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Gendry is a Baratheon, not a Targaryen.
The Baratheons are an offshoot of the Targaryens. Aegon I's bastard half-brother married the "Storm King's" daughter and founded House Baratheon. More recently Rhaelle Targaryen, daughter of Aegon V married Ormund Baratheon. Their son Steffon was the father of Stannis, Robert and Renly, so Robert's grandmother was a full blooded Targaryen and all of House Baratheon descended from Targaryens from the beginning.

Varys remarks at one point in the show that Robert could sit on the Iron Throne because he had a legitimate claim to it through his royal Targaryen blood. The above is how he had it. So, since Robert was descended from Targaryen stock, then so to is Gendry.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:12 AM

2,122 posts, read 1,794,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Samwell is a sworn member of the Night's Watch, and as such can't claim the Tarly lordship. The only person in the entire series who was able to legally leave the Watch was assassinated and resurrected - his death fulfilled his vow.

Then again, the old rules may no longer matter when death marches on the Seven Kingdoms. I can see many people rising to prominence by the end of the series.
Sam could be released from his vow by the King/Queen. Jon was offered that possibility by Stannis a few years ago. However I think that the ultimate outcome will be that if the While Walkers and Army of the Dead are defeated for good, there is no reason to have the Night Watch anymore. Their purpose was to keep out the Wildings and protect against the White Walkers. Now that Jon has let the Wildings through the wall and they seem to have been accepted by the North, if they defeat the dead then their watch could end.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:20 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymdnv View Post
I think that the ultimate outcome will be that if the While Walkers and Army of the Dead are defeated for good, there is no reason to have the Night Watch anymore. Their purpose was to keep out the Wildings and protect against the White Walkers. Now that Jon has let the Wildings through the wall and they seem to have been accepted by the North, if they defeat the dead then their watch could end.
Correct.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if part of the big Final Battle entails the wall coming down.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:22 AM

Are the white walkers different than the army of the dead?
And if so, are both coming over the wall soon?

Old 08-15-2017, 08:26 AM

2,122 posts, read 1,794,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
If the theory is proven about Jon's parentage (I don't think the show has ever confirmed it, just hinted it a couple of times), it will be the ickiest hero/heroine pairing on TV. Yes, we have Cercei and Jamie, but they're not exactly portrayed as hero and heroine.
While it is still icky, I think what makes the idea of Jon and Danny easier to accept is that they did not grow up together and as of this moment don't know they are related. However with Jamie and Cercei, it is way worse since not only are they siblings but they are twins.

Also it has been confirmed by HBO and the producers that Jon is the son of Lyanna and Rhegar, and with Gilly's "discovery" it is about to be confirmed that they were married so Jon is the rightful heir. I don't think that it will be confirmed on the show for a little while yet, my guess is it would make for an interesting revelation in the last episode of this season.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:28 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,994,146 times
I was disappointed there were no boobs displayed for us to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV