Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2017, 09:18 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,528,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yeah, some version of this is how I see it as well. And of course Dany is going to be pregnant. They have just about beaten us over the head with that, so the real surprise will be if she isn't.
My aunt was a hottie in her youth, but seriously, is Jon going to be upset when he discovers they are related?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 09:19 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,735,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
A few of my unanswered questions:

What was it with Podrick and what-his-name leaving the dragon pit for a drink?
Supposedly Cercei and Bronn (the real actor/actress) dated in the past but it ended in bad terms, so they asked the show's creators not to put them together in one room. Did you notice that they've never shared a screen together?

Quote:
Cersei apparently nods giving the Mountain the go ahead to kill Jamie and follows him out. But then we see Jamie riding alone. Did she change her mind (off screen)?
Before he goes out alone, after Cercei nods to Mountain indicating that she's serious about killing Jamie, Jamie then says to Cercei "I don't believe you" and he leaves. So Cercei can't quite bring herself to kill him afterall.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:20 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,235,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
What would happen if the Night King was successful and killed everyone in Westeros? Then what? The Night King rules this big island populated entirely by unthinking zombies...for what purpose? What is the Night King's goal? His motivation? It isn't as though the dead are going to do anything once everyone is dead.
I've often wondered the same thing. While we have spent a fair amount of time on their tactics, we actually have no idea what motivates the WW.

WHY?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
If Jon doesn't start the chain of events, and instead stays in Winterfell as the King of the North and with Northerners and the Free Folk manning the Wall, the Night King and his army are stuck on the north side of the Wall and all of the living in Westeros are in no danger from the dead.
We don't know that. We have no way of knowing if they had another way around, thru or over the wall.

Just because the story took one direction, doesn't mean there couldn't be many more paths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
A few of my unanswered questions:

What was it with Podrick and what-his-name leaving the dragon pit for a drink?

Cersei apparently nods giving the Mountain the go ahead to kill Jamie and follows him out. But then we see Jamie riding alone. Did she change her mind (off screen)?
What-his-name, AKA Bronn, AKA Ser Bronn of the Blackwater , is played by Jerome Flynn. He and Lena Headey (Cersei) are "not on speaking terms" in real life. They had an acrimonious breakup (yes, they were dating!) many many years before GoT. Like early 2000s. The directors do their best to avoid having them share screen time.

Hence... "let's go have a beer, Podrick", right before Cersei enters.

The Cersei/Mountain scene has been misinterpreted by many. Here is how it played out: (paraphrased)

Jaime wants to leave.
Cersei signals to Mountain to stop him
Jaime looks at her and says "really?", and takes a step
Mountain starts to slide his sword out.
Jaime looks at Cersei, shrugs an "oh well, kill me then", and starts to walk by the Mountain to get out
Mountain looks at Cersei, who looks back at Mountain. Cersei does a slight "let him pass" look
Jaime leaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
No.

You're forgetting the Night King's magic javelin.

In a previous season, the Night King was apparently unable to throw his javelin 40 feet to kill a boy who cannot walk, much less run. The Night King was also unable to throw his javelin 100 feet to kill Jon Snow who was floating safely and slowly away on a raft.

But when the script demanded it, the Night King was able to throw his javelin half a mile with deadly accuracy and speed and take out a nine-ton dragon in one shot.

So had the Night King not been able to "turn" the dragon, the script simply would have had him use his magic javelin to knock down the Wall in one shot. All in all, a blue zombie dragon makes for better spectacle than magic javelin.
Night King didn't have his javelin handy at Hardhome. He was off his horse, on foot, and only had his sword. Same at the scene with Bran.

See, sometimes the story just plays out, and not full of holes like you think.

You can either pick apart every scene, looking for plot holes whether they exist or not, or just watch and enjoy. Sure, they're taking liberties to get the story moving. But for 99% of us viewers, it's working out great. You 1% complainer/whingers are really getting annoying.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
No.

In a previous season, the Night King was apparently unable to throw his javelin 40 feet to kill a boy who cannot walk, much less run. The Night King was also unable to throw his javelin 100 feet to kill Jon Snow who was floating safely and slowly away on a raft.

But when the script demanded it, the Night King was able to throw his javelin half a mile with deadly accuracy and speed and take out a nine-ton dragon in one shot.

So had the Night King not been able to "turn" the dragon, the script simply would have had him use his magic javelin to knock down the Wall in one shot. All in all, a blue zombie dragon makes for better spectacle than magic javelin.
Ah, you've forgotten that a dragon, no matter how far, is a much bigger target to shoot than a human. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:22 AM

2,093 posts, read 1,926,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
So...let me get this straight...

Jon Snow goes south to seek help fighting the Night King and the Army of the Dead, who are stuck north of the Wall. He returns to capture one of the undead to prove to everyone that the undead do exist, manages to get himself stuck on an island surrounded by the Army of the Undead, and sends for help, which shows up in the form of three dragons.

The Night King kills the dragon Viseryon with an ice javelin, then has his dead minions use immense chains that miraculously just happen to be on hand, and reanimates said dragon. The Night King then marches his army to the Wall and uses undead Viseryon the Ice Dragon and his blue flame of death to make a humongous hole in the previously unbreachable Wall.

If Jon doesn't start the chain of events, and instead stays in Winterfell as the King of the North and with Northerners and the Free Folk manning the Wall, the Night King and his army are stuck on the north side of the Wall and all of the living in Westeros are in no danger from the dead.
Pretty stupid huh? They may get around eventually, but it seems like they could fire a bajillion dragon glass arrows at them and keep them at bay pretty good while they were trying to figure it out.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:24 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,528,805 times
The non-speaking bits of dialogue conveyed by strange looks and glances and shrugs is a lot of Dune time, to me.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:24 AM

8,418 posts, read 7,417,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Speaking of pregnant, I don't believe Cersei is pregnant because I believe Jamie will be the one to kill her and he'd struggle with doing so if she was carrying his child.

I think she's either lying or she'll find out she's not pregnant and want that fact kept from Jamie and he'll be crushed when he discovers it.

And I doubt she got together with Euron or anyone else.
Oh, I could see it being Euron's child...

Cersei always played the field (remember Lancel?), and she needs allies. And Euron certainly let her know that he was fully open to the idea of..."cementing" the alliance.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:31 AM

So the Baelish scene, I knew something was up when Bran was shown there too. Bran finally decided to zone in and straighten out a thing or two afterall.

Does anyone think Tyrion is also in love with Dany? He looked so forlorn when Jon got into Dany's room. Tyrion was standing there so long with a sort of anguish look on his face. There's no way he knew Jon's true parentage, did he? Unless Bran sent a raven about Jon's true parentage and Tyrion got it, and was there to tell Dany just as Dany was letting Jon into her bedroom? Aargh!!

Old 08-28-2017, 09:35 AM

581 posts, read 456,582 times
I absolutely loved the background music that was playing when Jaime finally realized Cersei had gone full batsh*t crazy and he finally left her to head North. Ramin Djawadi is absolutely killing it this year with the musical scores.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:00 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
No.

Except the Night King did not have a Javelin in those other scenes. I never got the sense that the Night King was even trying to kill Jon as he was being rowed away in a boat ( not floating on a raft). It was more of a "look what I can do, I can raise the dead... good luck defeating me now" kind of moment. And with Bran, if he could even be killed in a vision, the Night King wanted to leave his mark in Bran, not kill him.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ozkHwFG91AI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mr076-xwo4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV