Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2012, 12:19 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,546,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
His flesh told him to jump off a cliff and have angels catch His fall? You believe that?
Once one denys the word of God there is no more spiritual reason. It is written, "their minds [spiritual mind] do not function" because only Christs' Spirit of Truth the third of the seven ministries of the Holy Spirit can turn on the light. When you reject that there is nothing left but twisting the truth to satisfy ones own philosophy. There is no vacuum in Spiritual reality. Jesus said either you are for Me [the Truth] or you are against Me and scatter abroad.

Last edited by garya123; 02-19-2012 at 12:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 01:28 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Once one denys the word of God there is no more spiritual reason. It is written, "their minds [spiritual mind] do not function" because only Christs' Spirit of Truth the third of the seven ministries of the Holy Spirit can turn on the light. When you reject that there is nothing left but twisting the truth to satisfy ones own philosophy. There is no vacuum in Spiritual reality. Jesus said either you are for Me [the Truth] or you are against Me and scatter abroad.
People think they are wise when they say things like 'I believe Jesus existed, because there is a historical record, but I do not believe Satan existed, because there is no historical record', or "Satan is nothing but the thoughs in your head (your flesh)'.

The truth is hidden from those who think they are wise: “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.
22 “All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.”

Old 02-19-2012, 02:25 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,598,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
You know that's something I've always wondered about.....why does Satan, knowing full well God's plan for him in the end, continue to wreak havoc and evil? Does he know something that we don't? Any thoughts?
I guess it's sort of like the Toronto Maple Leafs. Why do they continue playing hockey knowing full well they will never win the cup.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:36 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I guess it's sort of like the Toronto Maple Leafs. Why do they continue playing hockey knowing full well they will never win the cup.
Or an alcoholic who continues to drink knowing full well it is destroying him.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:00 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,546,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
It states nothing about Satan being in hell... It says He cast them down to Tartarus...Which is the deepest abyss of Hades which is the grave...
The Devil is not a dead body as men are dead in the grave in a literal sense. It is a simile for a dead/dark spiritual place where the "worm dies not" as Jesus said, not a literal grave. Again, "worm dies not", is a simile for unending death. The carnal mind interprets the things of God in a natural sense but the spiritual mind spiritually. The spiritual is actually more real then the natural because these things are eternal not temporary.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:46 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,332,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
This is why Calvin said it was dangerous to go outside the Scriptures with 'Undue Speculations'...If it does not state it then don't assume it...
Richard1965, I love ya...but...

The scriptures have a very narrow aim...

The scriptures never mentioned the Toyota automoble company, yet Toyota exists...

There's a lot the scriptures don't mention...the scripture never taught us how to perform algebra...yet algebra exists...

The scriptures are not all of God, not even...

The scriptures never mentioned the internet or computer science or vaccines...

There's a ton of things God did not share with us in scripture...because scriptures aim is very narrow...

It deals in morality, or mans relationship towards God...and that's about it...don't get me wrong, that's a lot...but to act as if we can't think or ponder outside of scripture is silly...

At least in my view...sorry if I offended you...

Old 02-19-2012, 06:49 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,412,654 times
Default What satan has yet to learn

Quote:
You know that's something I've always wondered about.....why does Satan, knowing full well God's plan for him in the end, continue to wreak havoc and evil? Does he know something that we don't? Any thoughts?
C.S. Lewis wrote, "The greatest surprise for Satan will occur when he learns that he had been perfectly doing the will of God all along."

UNIVERSAL RECONCILIATION – MINNIE ALBERTSON
Salvation is for angels also. ‘All things were created by Him, and for Him’ (Col. 1:16).
‘For Thy pleasure they are and were created (Rev. 4:11). So He ‘reconciles all things unto Himself, whether they be on earth, or things in the heavens (Col. 1:16-21).
Even the devil is not too evil to be corrected. Note who he belongs to, as well as those he deceives. ‘The deceived and the deceiver are His’ (Job 12:16). (Job 12:16). (end quote)

“God delights to reconcile all, whether those on the earth, or those in the heavens (Col. 1:20). Therefore there is no more reason to suppose that Satan is not included therein than that any other certain creature is not included therein. Therefore it must be that that notable creature who had rightly long been termed “the Adversary,” is very much included in the reconciliation of the universe, at which time this title (“Adversary” or “Satan”) necessarily will no longer apply, since he will be reconciled and be at peace.”
Jim Coram, UNSEARCHABLE RICHES, March 2005.

“Ah, I long intently for that day when even the devil himself shall put away his pitchfork, hang up his horns, and come humbly and brokenly to the Father's house! Does that startle you? How else could it be in that glad day when the Christ has finally RECONCILED ALL THINGS IN HEAVEN AND IN EARTH, including all the PRINCIPALITIES AND POWERS OF THE HEAVENLY SPHERE!”
RECONCILIATION IN THE HEAVENS – J. Preston Eby
Reconciliation in the Heavens

THE EVERLASTING GOSPEL – PAUL SIEGVOLCK
“Col. 1: 16-20 teaches us the extent of the reconciliation made by Christ, namely, that it extends itself over the whole creation. Therefore the fallen angels must also necessarily have their share in it, for they do incontestably belong to the invisible things created by Christ, and consequently to all things including the things in the heavens.
‘Jehovah is good to all: and His tender mercies are over all His works.’ Psalm 145:9
In this passage we are plainly told that the mercy of God, or His tender love, does not only extend itself to men, but universally towards all creatures that have their being and stand in need of mercy; and consequently also towards the fallen angels; which tender love of God must necessarily at last effect or bring about the restoration of all corrupt creatures, for it is not a weak or faint, but an almighty love.” (end quote)

Personally, I believe the greatest of all manifestations of God's grace in action among the celestial will occur when Satan bows in love and admiration in front of his Saviour Jesus Christ.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:51 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,533,280 times
the same reason l continue although "i know my fate".
fate is something written moment to moment it changes.
fate can and does change.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:52 PM

126 posts, read 81,240 times
Quote:
God is all powerful and knowing, so that means he has the power to create, control or destroy Satan at will...so logically that suggests Satan is part of god's "plan" and he allows evil to continue and exist.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:54 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,943,266 times
Quote:
OMG. Are you serious?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity