Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2022, 04:24 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,130,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This is the 3rd time this same child caused this same teacher to be removed from the school by emergency responders.

It seems it's time for this to end, and other measures to be taken in the care of this child, that don't involve him ever being left alone with one adult, or in proximity to children.
Yep, for everyone that wonders how a teacher can succumb to a five year old, and doesn't want to click the link, here's an excerpt from the article.

Quote:
Fusco said the 5-year-old with special needs continued to attack the teacher, even after she was on the floor and unresponsive.

"She was caught where he ran and jumped on her and attacked her with his body weight, which caused the severe injury and she will need surgery," Fusco said.

The teacher's injuries were so severe she had to be intubated at the hospital, Fusco said.

Fusco said it's the third time the teacher was taken from the classroom in an ambulance because of injuries from the same student. Last time, the student pinned the teacher under a bookcase, and she lost consciousness and was treated for a concussion, Fusco said.
https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...chool/2707593/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2022, 05:47 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,150,912 times
Quote:
This is the 3rd time this same child caused this same teacher to be removed from the school by emergency responders.

It seems it's time for this to end, and other measures to be taken in the care of this child, that don't involve him ever being left alone with one adult, or in proximity to children.
Omg, maybe that kid needs to be in a one on one situation. I wonder how the parents deal with him? It's sad that a 5 year old is this way. Especially if he can't help it.

Old 03-07-2022, 06:05 PM

16,317 posts, read 8,140,203 times
Wow 3rd incident with the same kid. That is crazy. The kid should have been kicked out of school after the 2nd incident. 3rd is just pathetic. The teacher is maybe in the wrong line of work or classroom. Seems this particular classroom needs a physically stronger individual to handle this kid.

Old 03-07-2022, 06:19 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,935,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
Omg, maybe that kid needs to be in a one on one situation. I wonder how the parents deal with him? It's sad that a 5 year old is this way. Especially if he can't help it.
It seems one on one is what led to this disaster. :-/

I don't know what you do with a child like this. This is two concussions in one year for this seasoned, well-liked teacher which will probably lead to cognitive impairment for life for her.

Awful story.

Old 03-07-2022, 06:20 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Wow 3rd incident with the same kid. That is crazy. The kid should have been kicked out of school after the 2nd incident. 3rd is just pathetic. The teacher is maybe in the wrong line of work or classroom. Seems this particular classroom needs a physically stronger individual to handle this kid.
I agree. If he remains in a situation where he had access to other people, he needs someone very strong and large to be a full time aid. And who knows how this will turn out when he's a teenager, if they haven't somehow managed to teach him to control his behavior.

Old 03-07-2022, 07:18 PM

16,317 posts, read 8,140,203 times
Sad that the school let it keep happening. The teacher should sue.

Old 03-08-2022, 07:41 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,837,764 times
Quote:

Apparently the district doesn't mean what they say about the safety of teachers and students being of upmost importance.

This is not the correct setting for this child. He needs more care than what a school teacher should be expected to provide. It is unfair to everyone involved.

Old 03-08-2022, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Apparently the district doesn't mean what they say about the safety of teachers and students being of upmost importance.

This is not the correct setting for this child. He needs more care than what a school teacher should be expected to provide. It is unfair to everyone involved.
I agree. I know two special ed teachers, and they would tell you that getting kicked and punched and pushed and slapped is just a job hazard, and the occasional bruise is expected.

This child is far beyond that, apparently, and he's only 5. It's only just beginning.

Old 03-08-2022, 07:47 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,837,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
No this kid needs a different classroom/situation with someone whose is actually trained to deal with violent SPED students. I'm sure SPED teacher requirements for public school classes are not physical strength in order to wrestle large violent students. He job is to teach not physically subdue the students.
I feel for this child and his parents but he is not suited for main stream.

Old 03-08-2022, 07:50 AM

This is new to me - maybe y'all have seen this.

They've named the teacher, and there's a pic of her, and a comment by another parent about the situation. It's "unlikely" she'll be returning to work, and she can't care for her 2 year old daughter in the condition she's in.

https://wsvn.com/news/local/pines-la...ot-first-time/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events