Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2022, 09:43 AM

7,334 posts, read 4,127,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Russian nazi troopers shoot at unarmed protesters.
Who are the idiots who protest against an active war?

How does Russian troops know the different from unarmed protestors and suicide bombers/armed civilians.

Did American soldiers in Vietnam know the difference between villagers and Vietcong?

Of course, not. It's how guerrilla operations work.

It's so offing stupid, it's beyond belief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2022, 09:46 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,588,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
Who are the idiots who protest against an active war?

How does Russian troops know the different from unarmed protestors and suicide bombers/armed civilians.

Did American soldiers in Vietnam know the difference between villagers and Vietcong?

Of course, not. It's how guerrilla operations work.

It's so offing stupid, it's beyond belief.
Shilling for murderous Russian nazi thugs. Burn in hell together with Bunker Vlad and his gang. Over.

Old 03-05-2022, 09:48 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,019,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
Wooden armor? Russians, are you really so stupid?

Mad Max: russische version
https://t.me/telelug/9265

Well something is better than nothing I guess? You can even built space rocket from wood only...no kidding, it's far from ideal though...

Old 03-05-2022, 09:50 AM

8,497 posts, read 3,339,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Finally...Finally at least some journalists are doing their investigative job.

OK, you can't trust Putin and what he says - I understand that, you can't trust me "because of the Russian propaganda," but this is straight from the horse's mouth.

This is coming straight from the Ukrainian Nationalists themselves, about their role in that coup d'etat of 2014, their role in today's sate, and their comments on all those weapons that the West sent their way lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfaAyiP8Wuc&t=412s
Jimmy Dore is NOT a journalist. He totally lost me when he pulled a stunt that Sean Hannity does: inserted his own commentary into an interview. Dore in an aside charged that Ukrainian Nationalists of this ilk (the three being interviewed) started the shooting at Maidan. Don't want to stray here but Jimmy Dore wasn't there.

Now I only listened to the first 6.5 minutes and can't comment on the remainder. Still what I was hearing was three neo-Nazi wannabe's bragging how influential they were even though numerically very small. Tough guys brag, yes. I heard nothing substantive.

The bragging highlighted that even though they were so small in number ... the large crowds were so peaceful, they said, they were like - then a slur for gays.

No one denies that Nazi wannabes are about and that they have stirred up trouble. But the endless thousands that stood in the cold for weeks had a grievance. Just like the ethnic Russians of Donbass and elsewhere had a grievance at the end result.

As for the weapons, of course the west sent them to counter the weapons coming in from Russia in the separatist battle. That is not news for it was a controversial decision here in the US. Nor it is a surprise that either thru militia membership or other means, less desirables got their hands on them. Any less trained and not well led militia can be a problem.

One of the many reasons for Putin not to have invaded is due of the intrinsic instability of the region, with militia-like activity widespread. The Russians have now created a militia of Donbass civilians who were "taken into service" and "mobilized" by the Donetsk People's Republic. In this video, they wait to be entertained by a Russian singer but don't look too happy.

The Ukrainian government prevented men aged 18 to 60 from leaving the country. It's also armed some civilians. Far as I'm aware, none are being possibly forced into combat but can serve or help in different ways.

Not clear how much choice these civilians taken into service had here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEIvwi6EPwk starting at 0.45. (Per the labelling, presumably the men had had training when at an earlier time in life had been in the Ukraine army)

Old 03-05-2022, 10:01 AM

Russian police in action vs a female protestor. Scared Russian cattle of citizenry just passes by. You do not need language skills to understand.

https://twitter.com/TomthunkitsMind/...36380873285639

A lone Russian protester attacked by Putin' war sympathizer. An average Russian fully supports his fuhrer and all the wars. De-nazification is a must.

https://t.me/truexanewsua/29840

Old 03-05-2022, 10:05 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,019,409 times
Meanwhile this guy sounds as if he can elected in America:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6426OZFzcvM

Old 03-05-2022, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Jimmy Dore is NOT a journalist. He totally lost me when he pulled a stunt that Sean Hannity does: inserted his own commentary into an interview. Dore in an aside charged that Ukrainian Nationalists of this ilk (the three being interviewed) started the shooting at Maidan. Don't want to stray here but Jimmy Dore wasn't there.

Now I only listened to the first 6.5 minutes and can't comment on the remainder. Still what I was hearing was three neo-Nazi wannabe's bragging how influential they were even though numerically very small. Tough guys brag, yes. I heard nothing substantive.

The bragging highlighted that even though they were so small in number ... the large crowds were so peaceful, they said, they were like - then a slur for gays.

No one denies that Nazi wannabes are about and that they have stirred up trouble. But the endless thousands that stood in the cold for weeks had a grievance. Just like the ethnic Russians of Donbass and elsewhere had a grievance at the end result.

As for the weapons, of course the west sent them to counter the weapons coming in from Russia in the separatist battle. That is not news for it was a controversial decision here in the US. Nor it is a surprise that either thru militia membership or other means, less desirables got their hands on them. Any less trained and not well led militia can be a problem.

One of the many reasons for Putin not to have invaded is due of the intrinsic instability of the region, with militia-like activity widespread. The Russians have now created a militia of Donbass civilians who were "taken into service" and "mobilized" by the Donetsk People's Republic. In this video, they wait to be entertained by a Russian singer but don't look too happy.

The Ukrainian government prevented men aged 18 to 60 from leaving the country. It's also armed some civilians. Far as I'm aware, none are being possibly forced into combat but can serve or help in different ways.

Not clear how much choice these civilians taken into service had here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEIvwi6EPwk starting at 0.45. (Per the labelling, presumably the men had had training when at an earlier time in life had been in the Ukraine army)
Why do you play along with Russian propaganda playing this Ukrainian "nationalist" de-humanization card? For starters one needs to define what makes a Ukrainian nationalist Russians spend all those efforts to de-humanize. It is not that hard, it is a person who believes that independent Ukraine and Ukrainian identity/language/culture have a right to exist in full sense, and not as a rural folklore theme park for tourists. Any person, as in ANY, who holds those extremist views will be labeled and perceived as a "nationalist" by Russians. Compared that to aggressive Russian nationalism that is inseparable from imposing Russian will on lesser people.

Erasure is a russian nazi propagandist, an info internet warrior, there is no debate possible with propagandists. Whether she does it pro-bono or she gets paid for her prolific output on anything Ukraine is the only thing to debate here.

Old 03-05-2022, 10:30 AM

3,454 posts, read 2,781,479 times
Is the idea of a divided Ukraine a myth?
https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blog...vided-ukraine/

Old 03-05-2022, 10:55 AM

750 posts, read 907,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
Who are the idiots who .
Who are idiots who dying for putin?

Old 03-05-2022, 11:00 AM

750 posts, read 907,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
You can even built space rocket from wood only...no kidding, it's far from ideal though...
It's great idea for Roscosmos engineers Jealous, Elon Musk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe