Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2022, 11:57 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,423,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Yes, Russia is free, with its great and glorious enterprises, to make it on its own. The rest of your strange delusions, do not even merit a sarcastic response.
I wonder if Turist is supposed to be Tourist. Ironically, the Soviets were not only barred from traveling/tourism, they could only visit other places within their own area with a permit granted by their government's authority. I'm sure Putin is earnest to restore the "greatness" of his KGB days.

Maybe it's Turist, the little village in Azerbajdan, right on the Russian border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2022, 12:01 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,354,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Are American companies freeing the market from their competitors? Good. I think someone will be very, very happy.I've heard about the Fedeks, I've seen them somewhere, I think, in a movie.And I don't know who the first ones are at all. they are not on the Russian market at all.
The Russian government doesn't agree with you.

"To enable businesses to make informed decisions, a draft presidential decree has been prepared to introduce temporary restrictions on exiting Russian assets," [Russian Prime Minister Mikhail] Mishustin was quoted as saying. "We expect that those who have invested in our country will be able to continue working here."

Old 03-01-2022, 12:07 PM

12,968 posts, read 9,650,170 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpvoLjibmqw

Old 03-01-2022, 12:08 PM

7,334 posts, read 4,124,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
"The world's biggest shipping lines MSC and Maersk (MAERSKb.CO) on Tuesday suspended container shipping to and from Russia, deepening the country’s isolation as its invasion of Ukraine sparks an exodus of international companies."
https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/wes...te-2022-03-01/

"U.S.-based United Parcel Service Inc (UPS.N) and FedEx Corp (FDX.N), two of the world's largest logistics companies, have said they are halting deliveries to destinations in Russia."
https://www.reuters.com/business/aer...es-2022-02-27/
From Germany's Merkel Stand by backing for Russia Gas Pipeline:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/62984891-post139.html

Quote:
The Chinese can play the long game because they are getting stronger every day. They're likely to reach military parity with the U.S. in the near future and may surpass it eventually. They have no reason to press anything at this point. Consider their power. They started a global pandemic and then got the world to change the name of the virus, so no-one could get the idea it had anything to do with them. And it worked entirely to the point that people in America got ostracized for even talking about it. Why make war if you can get what you want every other way?

Russia is on a war footing because they know they're strategically on the defensive. There's urgency in their actions because they know time isn't their friend.

But here's the problem with it - for one, they have nukes of course so you really don't want them to get trigger happy, secondly a very isolated Russia with no channels open to the West has absolutely no choice but to accept the role as Beijing's junior partner (which they so far have chafed against). Their dependency on the PRC will be insane and of course PRC entities have already invested in Russia significantly, something likely to increase. This is not irrelevant given we're talking about one of the largest most resource-rich countries on this planet.

A conflict with China *and* Russia is damn near unwinnable, nukes or not. Nixon's move towards China was designed to drive a wedge between them by opening an alternative option for China. But the dynamics have changed. Back then the USSR was the main enemy and China an isolated and underdeveloped country. Now China is the dominant power and Russia the country that's isolated. A stronger Russia not entirely beholden to China is actually in our interest and that does include Taiwan.
Rate this post positively
Isolating Russia will be the West's downfall.

Old 03-01-2022, 12:08 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I wonder if Turist is supposed to be Tourist. Ironically, the Soviets were not only barred from traveling/tourism, they could only visit other places within their own area with a permit granted by their government's authority. I'm sure Putin is earnest to restore the "greatness" of his KGB days.

Maybe it's Turist, the little village in Azerbajdan, right on the Russian border.
Are Western heroic heroes so cowardly that they close the doors to ordinary Russian tourists again? Is it really such censorship in order not to tell you something superfluous there? Or is it probably so that I don't see the shacks made of cardboard boxes and the garbage of the poor under the bridge in Seattle)))
Don't worry so much about me) The world is huge and beautiful)) I have a tourist activity for many years to come))

Old 03-01-2022, 12:13 PM

7,334 posts, read 4,124,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
And this is not interesting, because in this provocation Ukraine is being used as a kamikaze.
Ukraine's task is only to kill itself as efficiently as possible. The Western media should get a good picture.
Peter Hitchens: "We've used Ukraine as a battering ram against Russia"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvmddazUW3I

Old 03-01-2022, 12:25 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
Peter Hitchens: "We've used Ukraine as a battering ram against Russia"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvmddazUW3I

The reasons behind it all; ( the way I see it.)

https://www.city-data.com/forum/62997104-post128.html

Old 03-01-2022, 01:39 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Melitopol today ( city in the Southern part of Ukraine,) under Russian control
From what this inhabitant reports, the locals are taking order under their control, organizing the watch groups and patrolling the streets ( he is having the sign of such group on his car windshield and is inviting any man to join the group.)
The owners of the shops that were afraid of the looting attempts a day ago, are saying that they don't mind to resume their operations, but they need security.

Which this citizens group is providing now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDCWjmz0zfI

No rockets flying, no shooting.

Peace to you, Ukraine, free of the Nationalists.

Old 03-01-2022, 01:55 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,587,635 times
Just ignore Russian nazi scum propagandists in this thread. Let them have a private party.

Old 03-01-2022, 02:27 PM

602 posts, read 495,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post

Isolating Russia will be the West's downfall.
IN opposite world YES.

In the real world Putin has united the world against Russia.

Thanks Putin. Enjoy your never-ending guerilla war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe