Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2011, 06:03 PM

8,558 posts, read 10,981,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
You weren't addressing me but I will answer this question.
I have asked several times before and have still not gotten an answer.
Do you have any references to any legitimate examinations of EVP?
Again I must state, the proof of evp exist all over the internet.
What is it , after hearing tape recorded sessions on the internet, that you fail to comprehend?
If you haven't availed yourself yet, I would suggest you click on the link to Sarah Estep that I posted a few post back.
At the bottom of the page, she offers links to some of her actual recorded messages she received.
Apparently some in this thread feel these taped sessions are not enough proof that evp is real.
What more could one offer ?
Check the internet by googling evp.
This is more information on the subject than any one person on an internet forum could possibly explain.
What I can offer, to anyone who doubts evp is real, is this.
Get yourself a tape recorder, turn on a radio, or tv in the same room as the recorder, to a blank station, and do your own recording, and make sure you also use a headset for hearing the replies to any questions you ask.
Be direct with your questions.
Keep them simple, and wait 20 or 30 seconds between questions.
ASK three, then play the tape back.
You may be successful right away, or it may take a little time for results, but I know you will get contact.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 11:09 AM

33,545 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Again I must state, the proof of evp exist all over the internet.
What is it , after hearing tape recorded sessions on the internet, that you fail to comprehend?
If you haven't availed yourself yet, I would suggest you click on the link to Sarah Estep that I posted a few post back.
At the bottom of the page, she offers links to some of her actual recorded messages she received.
Apparently some in this thread feel these taped sessions are not enough proof that evp is real.
What more could one offer ?
Check the internet by googling evp.
This is more information on the subject than any one person on an internet forum could possibly explain.
What I can offer, to anyone who doubts evp is real, is this.
Get yourself a tape recorder, turn on a radio, or tv in the same room as the recorder, to a blank station, and do your own recording, and make sure you also use a headset for hearing the replies to any questions you ask.
Be direct with your questions.
Keep them simple, and wait 20 or 30 seconds between questions.
ASK three, then play the tape back.
You may be successful right away, or it may take a little time for results, but I know you will get contact.

Bob.
Yeah right, and proof of the existence of Sasquatch, alien abductions, a living Elvis, etc are all over the internet, all there for the gullible who believe that if it's written or online it MUST be true...

Old 11-26-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yeah right, and proof of the existence of Sasquatch, alien abductions, a living Elvis, etc are all over the internet, all there for the gullible who believe that if it's written or online it MUST be true...
Sarah Estep and I, along with many, many others were recording long before there was an internet.
Bob.

Old 11-26-2011, 05:22 PM

33,545 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Sarah Estep and I, along with many, many others were recording long before there was an internet.
Bob.
Yup, and the things I mentioned were too...

Old 11-26-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yup, and the things I mentioned were too...
Instead of making a rash judgement on something you don't seem to want to believe, why don't you do as I stated in the post above.
Get yourself a tape recorder, and a headset,, and experiment for yourself.
Then ( if you don't have a hearing disability) you should be able to make contact at some point.
People with hearing problems are more likely to not hear the messages.
Non-believers need to be shown when in doubt, and I can't think of a better way to make a believer out of someone than letting them experience it for themselves.
Hey, like you I was extremely skeptical when I first learned of evp, and it took me over a week of recording every night, to finally get a response.
I was at the point where I too thought this was a bunch of bull crap.
Then I heard my first contact, and the rest is history.
It is easy to condemn something that one doesn't fully understand, and most wouldn't take the time to investigate the possibility that one's opinion could perhaps be the wrong one.
It is like everything else in life, there are usually two sides to every story.
You have heard mine, backed up by evidence, and I have heard your's backed up by nothing, other than what you believe.
Why not do as I suggested, and find out, once and for all that evp is very real.
Matter of fact I have not recorded in a long time, and have found a renewed interest since joining this forum.
I believe a reel to reel recorder is the recorder of choice for those who are involved in evp.
My older cassette recorder just doesn't have that quality sound of the reel to reel recorders, so I am looking for a reel to reel.
I found one locally that the seller states has been upgraded so that the tapes can be converted to mp3.
It is a bit high for my budget , but if it is still available after the holidays, I think I will purchase it.
Bob.

Last edited by CALGUY; 11-26-2011 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 11-27-2011, 10:54 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
My interpretation is different, the protective presence was your friend from high school.
I understand your position. How can you know anything if you had not experienced it? It is like describing the color, blue, to a blind person. If the majority in the world were blind, the consensus would be that 'blue' did not exist and they would have a good time laughing at the sighted.

No, I distinctly know who these people are. There is not one doubt in my mind.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:29 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I understand your position. How can you know anything if you had not experienced it? It is like describing the color, blue, to a blind person. If the majority in the world were blind, the consensus would be that 'blue' did not exist and they would have a good time laughing at the sighted.

No, I distinctly know who these people are. There is not one doubt in my mind.
There is a condition of "knowing" that exists in altered states that those who have not experienced it simply cannot understand. Perhaps if they recall "knowing" something in a dream state for which there was nothing in the content or context of the dream that would possibly support that "knowing" . . . they might get it.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:39 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Yes. I last knew these people, perhaps 30 or 40 years ago, but I was not wondering 'now, where have I heard that voice before?'

Old 11-28-2011, 01:36 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,376,031 times
Quote:
So, What I get from your comments is, despite the fact that you looked at the material in the link I posted, and clicked on the links where Ms. Estep offered actual tape recording sessions, you still don't believe it to be so.
As I said I do not see any evidence in the links you provided. I asked you on a couple of occasions to adumbrate what you think I may have missed in those links but you have refused to do so every time. You just keep repeating that I should look at the links, which I already have.

Quote:
It is just as the other member posted above, even thought taped evidence is there, it could be interpreted any of a million ways as not being real.
Such is the world of evidence. You will find that when making claims you need to provide evidence that actually supports the case you are making. If the evidence you have can support any one of 1000 explanations, then there is no intellectually honest reason for you to be choosing ONE of those explanations and acting like the evidence supports that one.

This is the issue I have with people like yourself. You desperately want some idea X to be true and when you find evidence that is evidence for many things including X, you declare it is evidence for X and X alone and that people like myself who do not accept that are somehow the "close minded" ones.

Quote:
Obviously nothing offered, or anything one could say, will ever convince you.
The fact you have no evidence does not mean that nothing can ever convince me. This line from you is just the stock phrase from people like yourself who have no evidence for what they are claiming. I have had the exact same line thrown at me by people who think there are alien abductions, that homeopathy works, that the loch ness monster exists or that there is a god.

It is one of those cop out throw away lines that people find easy to type, but does not actually mean anything.... yet it makes the typist feel better about themselves.

The fact is that I have been convinced of many things I never thought I would, because the people making the claims actually did the work and provided the evidence. You are not doing this and this is your failing not mine but lines like yours above are designed to try and make it look the other way around.

Quote:
Then ( if you don't have a hearing disability) you should be able to make contact at some point.
This is called "confirmation bias".

If you listen to enough random noise you are of course going to eventually find something that will fit what you are looking for. That is how the human mind works. It looks for patterns in random things and if you look long enough and hard enough you will find it.

As I said in an earlier post listen to this link here from 09:10 to 11:20 for a great example of this. Shermer plays a song backwards and it is just random noise. When he tells people what to hear however you can suddenly hear it. The fact is that if you listen to random noise looking for something in particular, you will eventually find it.... or at least think you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is a condition of "knowing" that exists in altered states that those who have not experienced it simply cannot understand.
Ah yes the old "I do not need evidence because only those people who agree with me already can understand" trick. Nice. Of all the "The problem is not with my claims or my evidence, but with you for doubting it" tricks this has to be the most common in my experience.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:36 PM

"Nozz",You state that if people listen to "white noise" long enough, they will hear WHAT they want to hear.
If that is what you believe, how do you explain three people sitting in my living room, with no prior knowledge of my recording experiments, and listening to one segment of a tape I recorded, that did not need a headset to hear?
They all were asked to repeat what they heard, and each gave the correct answer as to what was said on that tape.
There was no "white noise" to listen to, and they had roughly five seconds of recorded tape.
They had no time to think of what they "wanted" to hear.
Care to explain this?
Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal