Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2019, 08:06 PM

1,618 posts, read 2,623,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
Hi Bro,actually that's the difference between Jakarta and Manila. Jakarta has no beggars because there already banned. and for the Balinese they are not poor there are rarely poor people there and in Jakarta there are poor people but their life still looks better than Manila who is usually in front of eyes it looks so sad like eating trash food, sleeping on the roadside, under bridges, living in rickety houses, beggars
You do realize that the word "ban" means "to make against the rules" and not "to make disappear" right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2019, 08:12 PM

1,618 posts, read 2,623,936 times
Quote:
who wants to go there ??? isolation. That is because the Philippines is far from its neighbors and its own island surrounded by the sea compared to Indonesia in the north Indo we near with Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore then in southern Indo we near with Australia then in the east Indo we near is Papua New Guinea , Timor Leste, Palau and even Philipines ... East Asian tourists who come in philipines just like their visit to Hawaii, Guam, Palau,Mariana and countries in the Pacific Island by the way what about foreign tourists visit philippines still lower far from Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia

Btw I compared the best videos from Borachay and Canggu Bali this look still far .. Borachay has a clean and beautiful beach but sorry *don't have good facilities in beach compared with some beach in Bali this have good facility causes foreign tourists to overflow on several beaches in Bali. most tourists in Bali are mostly from western countries like UK, USA, France, Russia, German etc. and most too of them are from East Asian and of course Australia tourist

Borachay ( Philipines )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_BehpfhU4w

Canggu Bali ( Indonesia )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUyUPTSMEWw
You're familiar with the concept of "getting away" right? So you understand how being far and isolated and just having a nice peaceful beach with minimal facilities and minimal crowds might be more appealing than the bustling metropolis of Bali with a highway running along the beach? Though granted Bali's beach is pretty nice too. But if I want a city I'm within 2 hours of NY City, which neither one of you can top anyway.

Old 01-31-2019, 08:32 PM

1,002 posts, read 906,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
You do realize that the word "ban" means "to make against the rules" and not "to make disappear" right?
yeah prohibit at once disappear it because beggars not good for a metropolitan city like Jakarta

Old 01-31-2019, 09:39 PM

732 posts, read 779,791 times
Quote:
I'm trolling Oh not a troll but i talking about true a fact .. you are jealous dude !
Official figures has already been shown to you about number of Korean tourists on both countries and still you are crying out loud and insist you are providing facts, like wth!?! We have nothing to be jealous about Indonesia honestly, if there is please tell me what is it? Coz I cant figure out anything substantial that we can be jealous of you guys.

Old 01-31-2019, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
Official figures has already been shown to you about number of Korean tourists on both countries and still you are crying out loud and insist you are providing facts, like wth!?! We have nothing to be jealous about Indonesia honestly, if there is please tell me what is it? Coz I cant figure out anything substantial that we can be jealous of you guys.
who is denying the visit of Korea in philipines 1,607,821 that is true according to the data ... no need to worry
back to the original topic !!!!

Old 01-31-2019, 10:51 PM

732 posts, read 779,791 times
Pathetic highlighting a media news just providing individual opinion. Nope just nope, if there is any nation in Southeast Asia that we maybe envious of economically, it's Singapore. But even that we don't think its really "envy", its rather more of "admire". So please help yourself out by not mentioning that envy thing loosely so you wont embarass yourself. That makes me suspect, it's only one of the few English words you know since you keep repeating it.

Old 02-06-2019, 12:26 AM

very true what said duterte “Build, Build, Build” https://asiafoundation.org/2018/01/3...er-roads-must/

Old 02-06-2019, 01:03 AM

1,117 posts, read 841,683 times
Quote:
very true what said duterte “Build, Build, Build” https://asiafoundation.org/2018/01/3...er-roads-must/

And Manila is building more roads, more trains, subways, etc. But what is Jakarta doing to improve its walkable areas, to improve its water infrastructure, and to keep Jakarta from sinking into the ocean?

Old 02-06-2019, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
And Manila is building more roads, more trains, subways, etc. But what is Jakarta doing to improve its walkable areas, to improve its water infrastructure, and to keep Jakarta from sinking into the ocean?
Owhh So much building of the projects under construction in Jakarta are far more much than Manila. just look at the fast train Jakarta -Bandung, road, pedestrian,tol and many more ..how does Manila rely only on Makati BGC ? like Jakarta only rely on SCBD ??

some improvements especially the infrastructure Jakarta transportation

Airport Train

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELdGRM3qa8w

MRT Jakarta ( comming soon and operating late March 2019 )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9DPXddcrlw

Last edited by Michiko_shanyang; 02-06-2019 at 01:46 AM..

Old 02-06-2019, 06:20 PM

1,117 posts, read 841,683 times
^ Manila will have a new, long MRT line this year. Two subway projects are beginning construction. Both current LRT lines are getting an extension. The commuter line is getting an extension and new hybrid electric trains, invented and constructed in the Philippines. The next Skyway phase should be completed within a year, but I'm not a big fan of more highways. They dont reduce traffic, they increase the number of people who buy cars.

Makati and BGC aren't the same place. They're two different CBDs. I don’t know why people have this idea that Makati and BGC are the only nice parts of Manila. Yes, they’re the nicest parts, but not the only nice parts.

They're not even comparable to SCBD because the size is way bigger. SCBD is only 45 hectares. Mega Kuningan is another 54 hectares. Rasuna Epicentrum is another 54 hectares, Kuningan Persada is 17 hectares. These would all be considered small/medium CBDs in Manila.

Makati CBD (including all the walkable areas like Salcedo Village, Legazpi Village, Greenbelt, and Ayala Avenue) is 150+ hectares. And if you include all the surrounding wealthy residential areas in Makati, it goes up to 700 hectares. Makati also has poor areas, a redlight district, and a large golf course, but I’m not including those areas in the numbers.

And there’s another separate CBD in Makati which is Rockwell & Century City. That’s another 19 hectares.

BGC is 200+ hectares. And then there’s another separate part of BGC which is McKinley Hill/McKinley West, that’s another 80 hectares.

Ortigas has traditionally been the second major CBD- it’s 100 hectares and continually expanding. And like Makati, it’s surrounded by a lot of wealthy residential areas. It goes up to 600+ hectares when you include those neighborhoods.

Eastwood City is 17 hectares. Newport City is 25 hectares

Bay City is 500+ hectares of completely newly developed land. A lot of stuff is already built, but there’s still a lot more to come. This will be the next major CBD

Alabang is 240 hectares and if you include the wealthy residential areas around it, it comes out to almost 1,000 hectares.

Other CBDs include Cubao, Downtown Manila, and Binondo (Chinatown) but I wouldn’t consider these areas as nice areas.

There are more CBDs currently being built like Arca South, Circuit Makati, Vertis North, Greenfield District, etc etc. There are tons coming up all over the place.

Outside of the CBDs, it’s not all poverty. The largest city in Metro Manila is Quezon City and it’s mostly just suburban residential areas. Same with Marikina, Las Pinas, and Muntinlupa. They're all mostly clean, middle-class areas.

If you look at this map of Metro Manila, the slums are mostly found in the red and blue area

These are the oldest, poorest parts of the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia