Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2018, 12:16 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how your side can take very clear DIRECT facts and distort them.
Apparently, you have a deep-seated FETISH about anal sex?

Old 12-13-2018, 12:27 PM

If you believe that marriage is merely for procreation or that of legalizing sex, then you are sadly mistaken.
Love is the uniting factor, not the structure of sexual compatibility, nor the capacity to produce children.

Old 12-13-2018, 01:08 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Why do you feel the need to make ridiculous comments like that? It does nothing for your cause. Just more bigotry filth from you.

Old 12-13-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
So what, Jeff? What does this have to do with anything?

What do you propose to do about it?

What does your side want to do about it?

Do you want to keep ostracizing these human beings, or accept them into society? What does your side want to happen to homosexuals?

Have you invited any of them into your church? Have you asked them to come sit in your pew with you?

I already proposed the solution. Follow God's laws on sexuality and we will have strong marriages and practically no STDS.

Why do you want to encourage them to continue in a lifestyle that is obviously harmful both physically and mentally?

Old 12-13-2018, 01:46 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
I already proposed the solution. Follow God's laws on sexuality and we will have strong marriages and practically no STDS.

Why do you want to encourage them to continue in a lifestyle that is obviously harmful both physically and mentally?
I've posted this before, but I will ask you to tell us WHICH of god's laws do you want to apply?

Old 12-13-2018, 01:46 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
That's funny, because almost every religious person on the planet says the same thing... You can't all be right, since you can't all be part of the "one true set of beliefs".

Point being, saying that there is "only one true set of beliefs" means nothing. Fundamentalists think their version is the one true set of beliefs, liberal Christians think theirs is, muslims think theirs is, atheists think theirs is, pantheists think theirs is.....
No, liberal Christians specifically do not think that there IS only "one true set of beliefs", unless you consider "other spiritual paths have validity" as a "true belief".

Old 12-13-2018, 01:47 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Who's playing games?

Again - people do the dividing, not Christ. See 1 Corinthians 1:13-16.

Jesus wanted unity among His people. See the end of John 17. He prayed for that specifically - that we are one.
Agreed.

Old 12-13-2018, 01:48 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times
Quote:

So, you are sticking by the whole, "All gay people have unsafe anal sex" line, even though it is patently false???

Also, please, do explain how being gay is harmful for someone mentally. Because the only thing I can see as "harmful" about being gay is having to deal with ignorant bigots who would rather you be dead than walking amongst the "good people" having equal rights and whatnot. In other words, the only thing "harmful" about being gay, is the people who make it that way for them.

You know, the ones that call them abominations, and say they shouldn't be able to be served by Christians or get married to their loved one. Or the ones who say hateful things when they see them holding hands, or showing any PDA at all. How about the ones that beat and murder them? These are the ones that make it "harmful". Without them, there would be no harm had for simply being gay.

Old 12-13-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I've posted this before, but I will ask you to tell us WHICH of god's laws do you want to apply?

This old chestnut again?

Why not ask Jesus? Oh wait, I'll save you the trouble. Here's what Christ said:

Quote:

“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘[b]For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”
Matthew 19:4-6

Just because God permitted other types of unions does not mean that He approved of them. He permitted polygamy, but even warned that it would bring harm and strife. And it did. Only God's design works best.

Old 12-13-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Quote:
Why do you feel the need to make ridiculous comments like that? It does nothing for your cause. Just more bigotry filth from you.
It appears to be your focus point, not on the relationship itself.
If you take away the anal sex, what are you condemning?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.