Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2016, 06:35 AM

741 posts, read 444,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I just love it when a Christian tells a Jew that he is not correct about his own religion...lol...
I find it sad when a person says that they believe the Bible holds the Law of God then doesn't follow it. Forget your small religious divisions for a sec and ask was what Moses wrote wrong? Just because someone claims they are from a certain religion doesn't mean they are they are right about the teachings of that religion. Christians are a prime example as I'm sure there Jews you think are not actually following the Jewish religion correctly.

So dump all the labeling and follow the Bible is the best answer to the dilemma. If a person follows what Moses wrote the Passover this year was in March. Moses didn't use the current Jewish calendar which no Jew used until over a millennium later.

Old 04-12-2016, 07:43 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
I find it sad when a person says that they believe the Bible holds the Law of God then doesn't follow it. Forget your small religious divisions for a sec and ask was what Moses wrote wrong? Just because someone claims they are from a certain religion doesn't mean they are they are right about the teachings of that religion. Christians are a prime example as I'm sure there Jews you think are not actually following the Jewish religion correctly.

So dump all the labeling and follow the Bible is the best answer to the dilemma. If a person follows what Moses wrote the Passover this year was in March. Moses didn't use the current Jewish calendar which no Jew used until over a millennium later.
The problem is that you lack understanding of the religion that you claim to be an offshoot of...

Old 04-13-2016, 05:06 AM

Quote:
The problem is that you lack understanding of the religion that you claim to be an offshoot of...
And the problem I see is that some are more concerned about burying their heads in the traditions of men rather than following the Bible. Religion is irrelevant. God and the Bible are greater than any religious traditions. That is what you're failing to grasp. Yet you keep waving your religion as if it matters. Belief is not truth. If we were using the same calendar of Moses' day Passover was last month. That is the truth. My religion is irrelevant and so is yours in this matter. God established the day not our religions.

Last edited by 2Timothy316; 04-13-2016 at 05:26 AM..

Old 04-13-2016, 01:37 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
They may be correct about their religion but they are incorrect about the Messiah they SHOULD have been looking for. Their fixation on a worldly King is why they missed Christ.
Quote:
Because that is who G-d told them to be on the lookout for...
No, Richard, that is who their expectations and traditional beliefs conditioned them to look for. They selected those scriptures that comported with their expectations and interpreted them accordingly. That is why they were wrong and rejected Jesus.

Old 04-13-2016, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No, Richard, that is who their expectations and traditional beliefs conditioned them to look for. They selected those scriptures that comported with their expectations and interpreted them accordingly. That is why they were wrong and rejected Jesus.
So what scriptures represent Jesus?....

Old 04-13-2016, 06:05 PM

Quote:
And the problem I see is that some are more concerned about burying their heads in the traditions of men rather than following the Bible. Religion is irrelevant. God and the Bible are greater than any religious traditions. That is what you're failing to grasp. Yet you keep waving your religion as if it matters. Belief is not truth. If we were using the same calendar of Moses' day Passover was last month. That is the truth. My religion is irrelevant and so is yours in this matter. God established the day not our religions.
Sorry but you are wrong....You have no proof that you are right...

Old 04-14-2016, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry but you are wrong....You have no proof that you are right...
But I do have proof.

The current calendar you use was made by Hitlel in the 4th century. I have already shown you this but you refuse to accept it. Just because you don't accept it doesn't mean there is no proof. I got this information from a Jewish website. Which you requested that my proof must come from.

The Jewish Year - Jewish Calendar

Scroll down to Hitlel's Fix and viola there's the proof. The guy that changed your calendar. Now every 19 years your Passover is off from the Passover of the Bible by one month.

Need to know more about Hiltel? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillel_II

Need know if there was an extra month inserted every 19 years? Consult the Bible. There is no record of them doing any such thing.

Short of Jehovah coming down and telling you Himself, which at this point I doubt you'd believe even Him, that's all I need to prove that today's Jewish calendar is not the same one Moses used.

Old 04-14-2016, 04:41 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Ok, Hillell II incorporated leap years, so Passover is celebrated on a different day than it would have been in the 1st c, or indeed today, if it had not been changed.

How does that affect the day of the week on which Jesus was supposedly crucified?

Old 04-14-2016, 08:16 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,140,925 times
If many can come and show proof the Crucifixion was either or a Wednesday or Thursday and the response from most Christians, including pastors of all people are: "what does it matter", "why is it important", "who cares what day he died", "it doesnt matter what day he died", "focus on the resurrection"......why even bother to continue with the whole Good Friday then. The whole point of Good Friday was that Jesus died on a Friday and rose 3 days later, which is actually 1.5 days later.

So if it isnt important the day Jesus died or what does it even matter or why is it important, shouldn't Good Friday no longer matter too?

Old 04-15-2016, 12:49 AM

Quote:
But I do have proof.

The current calendar you use was made by Hitlel in the 4th century. I have already shown you this but you refuse to accept it. Just because you don't accept it doesn't mean there is no proof. I got this information from a Jewish website. Which you requested that my proof must come from.

The Jewish Year - Jewish Calendar

Scroll down to Hitlel's Fix and viola there's the proof. The guy that changed your calendar. Now every 19 years your Passover is off from the Passover of the Bible by one month.

Need to know more about Hiltel? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillel_II

Need know if there was an extra month inserted every 19 years? Consult the Bible. There is no record of them doing any such thing.

Short of Jehovah coming down and telling you Himself, which at this point I doubt you'd believe even Him, that's all I need to prove that today's Jewish calendar is not the same one Moses used.
I doubt you understand the origins and evolution of the lunar calendar...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity