Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2018, 08:42 PM

9,755 posts, read 7,468,918 times

Advertisements

Week: 18-10
Overall: 178-94
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 09:18 PM

9,755 posts, read 7,468,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I’ll take Ohio at home tonight to defeat the Bulls in case I can’t get to it before the game starts. I’ll get the rest and last weeks totals in later tonight.
Last week: 18-10
Overall: 178-94

(17) Buffalo vs. Ohio. Picked earlier above.
Miami (OH) vs. Northern Illinois. I believe the Huskies locked up the MAC West with the win last Wednesday, but if they didn't they'll officially lock it up here.
Florida Atlantic vs. North Texas. I'll take the Mean Green.
Colgate vs. (24) Army. As SouthernTiger said, very underrated game as the Raiders have some ridiculous offensive numbers. I think Army is able to slow them down, but if they were playing a bad team like UConn or East Carolina Colgate probably wins.
Michigan State vs. Nebraska. Not sure what shape the Spartans are in, and the Huskers have finally found themselves towards the end of 2018. Too little too late, but could be a big thing to build on for offseason works & conditioning for Scott Frost in the Spring.
Northwestern vs. Minnesota. Not only did the Wildcats beat Iowa on the road last week, but their 2 closest competitors (Wisconsin & Purdue along with aforementioned Iowa) all lost meaning Northwestern is the West champion!! They have the rivalry game with Illinois next week, and than obviously the following weekend they have to play now since they are a division champion, so I think they take it easy this week.
Pittsburgh vs. Wake Forest. It's the ACC, so take what you least expect to happen (was 1-1 last week with that strategy). I'll take Wake at home.
USF vs. Temple. Temple at home to continue USF's trend downwards.
(25) Utah vs. Colorado. I'm pretty sure they end the year (next weekend) on the road, so they may have to win this for a 6th win, as I wouldn't count on them getting that 6th next week.
(2) Notre Dame vs. (14) Syracuse. Close game, but ND wins.
UL Monroe vs. Arkansas State. No idea here.
Miami vs. Virginia Tech. No idea here. Usually I pick the home team in Miami/VT games, but this Tech team is so bad. How the hell was this team ranked preseason top 20??
Missouri vs. Tennessee. Tennessee will beat Vandy next week to clinch bowl eligibility, I don't think they can outscore Mizzou.
USC vs. UCLA. Speaking of teams that are bad, that's USC.
Virginia vs. Georgia Tech. I'll take Tech in the weird & wacky ACC Coastal division game.
(8) West Virginia vs. Oklahoma State. This can be a close game, but I'll take the Eers in Stillwater as the Pokes lose another close one.
Wisconsin vs. Purdue. I've learned my lesson this year with Wisconsin. They'll be in some low tier bowl game as Purdue & Northwestern finish above them in the division.
(20) UAB vs. Texas A&M. UAB defense is damn good, but don't think that is going to be good enough in College Station. Though at least I credit A&M for actually scheduling someone. I doubt the Aggies though UAB would be this good but at least they are a FBS team, I think Florida & Alabama are playing FCS teams this week.
Connecticut vs. East Carolina. As a resident of the Nutmeg state I can tell you UConn football was all but irrelevant this year with the Red Sox winning the World Series and the early start to the college basketball season. With that said this is their last chance for a win in 2018. I'd be a lot more confident if this game was in East Hartford at the Rent, but hopefully the Pirates can "out-bad" the Huskies.
Ole Miss vs. Vanderbilt. Oh boy, wonderful, I have to actually pick a winner??
Stanford vs. Cal. Yes, I know Cal just ended that like 15 year losing streak to USC and they've got a pretty long one going against Stanford like 8 or 9 years as well, and they are playing at home, but I will take the Cardinal.
(13) Cincinnati vs. (5) UCF. Game Day should definitely be here, I look for the Knights to continue their run with another close win.
Iowa State vs. (16) Texas. Cyclones will keep this close, but the Horns in Austin.
Arizona vs. (9) Washington State. Win or lose, the game for the Cougs is next weekend's Apple Cup.
Arizona State vs. Oregon. Oregon should win, but this is Pac 12 After Dark, and Pac-12 after Dark has a chance to get really weird.
San Diego State vs. (18) Fresno State. Fresno bounces back from last weekend's 4th quarter in Boise.

Old 11-16-2018, 08:58 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Jeebus.. Clemson just signed up for a home and home against Georgia.. For 2029 and 2030

Perhaps, just perhaps.. Things are being planned a touch too far in the future.

https://www.wspa.com/sports/clemson-...030/1590955516
Yeah it is crazy they plan games like that 10 years out. By that time, Saban will have retired from Alabama and Dabo will be their head coach and Clemson will be back to sucking. lol

Old 11-16-2018, 09:22 AM

939 posts, read 505,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Connecticut vs. East Carolina. As a resident of the Nutmeg state I can tell you UConn football was all but irrelevant this year with the Red Sox winning the World Series and the early start to the college basketball season. With that said this is their last chance for a win in 2018. I'd be a lot more confident if this game was in East Hartford at the Rent, but hopefully the Pirates can "out-bad" the Huskies.
I thought UConn football was irrelevant since that fluky Fiesta Bowl appearance some years ago! And even then, not many people seemed interested. Now with the win over Syracuse last night, that was huge and has UConn headed back on course under Mr. Hurley. Kevin Ollie is mercifully gone, and fans are excited. BTW this forum needs a college basketball forum. Don't understand why it has to be intermingled with the NBA (gag, yuck, blah) on a basketball forum, unlike football.
Back to football. Lock of the week is Miami over Va Tech. Best I can do without declaring Alabama will beat Citadel. No major upsets this week. I think ND wins, but it wouldn't be earth shattering if Syracuse won.

Old 11-16-2018, 03:03 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,384,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
All right, here's the picks for Week 12.

(17) Buffalo vs. Ohio
Miami (OH) vs. Northern Illinois
Florida Atlantic vs. North Texas
Colgate vs. (24) Army
Michigan State vs. Nebraska
Northwestern vs. Minnesota
Pittsburgh vs. Wake Forest
USF vs. Temple
(25) Utah vs. Colorado
(2) Notre Dame vs. (14) Syracuse
UL Monroe vs. Arkansas State
Miami vs. Virginia Tech
Missouri vs. Tennessee
USC vs. UCLA
Virginia vs. Georgia Tech
(8) West Virginia vs. Oklahoma State
Wisconsin vs. Purdue
(20) UAB vs. Texas A&M
Connecticut vs. East Carolina
Ole Miss vs. Vanderbilt
Stanford vs. Cal
(13) Cincinnati vs. (5) UCF
Iowa State vs. (16) Texas
Arizona vs. (9) Washington State
Arizona State vs. Oregon
San Diego State vs. (18) Fresno State

Pick Overall Record: 171-100
Pick Record Last Week: 17-11

Here are my picks.
(17) Buffalo vs. Ohio (This is about Buffalo's best season they've ever had, and this game is a potential trap, i wouldn't be too surprised if Ohio won, but give me the Bulls on the road.)
Miami (OH) vs. Northern Illinois (Don't really have much faith in the RedHawks here...Huskies are nothing special, but they've done okay under Carey. I know their fans want him gone, but you know...)
Florida Atlantic vs. North Texas (Even with the embarrassing blown 28-point lead to ODU next week, i still have North Texas winning this matchup. Shame they won't rematch.)
Colgate vs. (24) Army (I'm sure some of you are wondering why this is on here, and i'll tell you why. Colgate has about the most dominant defense in FCS right now. Since beating Holy Cross 24-17 in opening week, they have outscored their opponents 263-12, and have shut out five of the teams they have played. Granted, most of their opponents are in the Patriot League, but still, that's something you deserve recognition for, considering shutting out someone is not very easy. Their defense will not hold Army below 10, though, or do enough to pull the upset. Going to be an under-rated game, though.)
Michigan State vs. Nebraska (Nebraska's only getting their crap together now, while Michigan State is a big bucket of un-explainable football. Eh, i'll take the Spartans edging out Nebraska on the road.)
Northwestern vs. Minnesota (I don't know why, but something tells me an upset's coming up here. Northwestern as we all know is Jekyll & Hyde, and as for Minnesota, firing Robb Smith really was the right decision to make. I have faith in the Golden Gophers this week.)
Pittsburgh vs. Wake Forest (Cross-divisional ACC matchup hype, woo! I expect Pittsburgh to win a close one...Wake Forest doesn't have the terrible defense that VT has. God, that sounds bizarre to say as well.)
USF vs. Temple (I don't see USF's freefall ending anytime soon.)
(25) Utah vs. Colorado (I don't see really anything going the Buffaloes' way here. They've completely melted down after a 5-0 start, their fans want MacIntyre gone, there was a rumor a couple of days ago that MacIntyre was getting fired, but was shot down, and a whole host of other things. Yes, Utah does tend to choke and puke in November, but i think this time, they've got it. Then again, a loss here wouldn't shock me too much.)
(2) Notre Dame vs. (14) Syracuse (For those of you who hate Notre Dame and don't want to see them in the playoff, this is your last chance at them catching a loss. USC is in a bad situation, and Helton's seat got a lot hotter after they literally s**t-talked themselves into a homecoming loss last week against Cal, ending the 14-year streak against them, while Syracuse has got a pretty damn good offense, and are a few plays away from being unbeaten and being a potential playoff dark horse. I expect this will be a bit of a shootout in Yankee Stadium.)
UL Monroe vs. Arkansas State (Whoever wins this game likely wins the Sun Belt West. I'm going to roll with the Warhawks in a close matchup.)
Miami vs. Virginia Tech (I'm going to go ahead and say this now - if Miami loses this, they're going 5-7. This is about the worst VT defense i've seen, and i think that even Miami could do actually do good things against it.)
Missouri vs. Tennessee (Toss-up. Tennessee is more than likely going to a bowl either way, but this win would be a good one for Pruitt. I, however, am going to give Missouri the edge.)
USC vs. UCLA (Even with last week, and UCLA seeming to get its act together a bit, i feel like USC back-doors their way into a bowl at 6-6. Now, should they lose this one, i don't care that the university is still looking for a president. I'd fire Clay at the end of the season. No need to sacrifice an interim head coach against a Notre Dame team that would mop the floor with their 2012 squad.)
Virginia vs. Georgia Tech (This was a guess.)
(8) West Virginia vs. Oklahoma State (This is very much a trap state for West Virginia because of where it lays on the schedule. Both teams can put up a ton of points, and neither's defenses are really up to par, like the majority of the conference. Give me the Mountaineers in a shootout, but this could go either way.)
Wisconsin vs. Purdue (This game was confusing to pick. Wisconsin's a disappointment, and Purdue is very inconsistent. I'll take the Badgers in a low-scoring game.)
(20) UAB vs. Texas A&M (It'd be nice to see a UAB win, but the reality is, they don't have talent or the play-makers to beat A&M. If they pulled the upset, though...well, that'd say a lot about the state of the Aggies at the moment.)
Connecticut vs. East Carolina (About Connecticut's best chance at winning a second game, but they have the absolute worst defense i have ever seen, and maybe ever in FBS. Their opponents combined have gotten 6,236 offensive yards against them, and they still have two games left to play. Don't have much faith in them here.)
Ole Miss vs. Vanderbilt (Probably Ole Miss' best chance at one more win to go .500, considering Vanderbilt always finds the most creative ways to lose games. But with Mississippi State looking terrible against good and semi-competent teams, there's no guarantee who will win that either.)
Stanford vs. Cal (If Cal doesn't win the Big Game this year, then when will they?)
(13) Cincinnati vs. (5) UCF (This definitely deserved GameDay over Yankee Stadium. If you want UCF to lose and have all of their roads to the playoff cut off, this is it. Either that, or whoever they get in the AAC Championship. I'll give UCF the edge in a shootout, but if Cincinnati wins, i wouldn't entirely be shocked, because the Knights have had one coming for a while, and Cincinnati is a hell of a lot better than the last two years.)
Iowa State vs. (16) Texas (This game honestly scares me. Iowa teams are spooky to play, no matter where you are. But i'll take Texas in another heart attack game.)
Arizona vs. (9) Washington State (Give me the Cougars here...unless something happens to Minshew, they're likely going to win the Pac-12.)
Arizona State vs. Oregon (Took a guess here.)
San Diego State vs. (18) Fresno State (I have not liked how San Diego State has looked this season. I'll take the Bulldogs to beat them again.)
What bout the Dawgs???

Old 11-17-2018, 02:27 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,387,326 times
Well, if i hadn't learned my lesson before, i have now. No matter how good, bad, or over-rated they are, when they are losing, no matter who it's to, do not, under any circumstances, ever underestimate Ohio State's supernatural ability to come back and win games that they shouldn't. I'm not even going to be surprised at their comebacks these days. Yes, they won't win all of their games, but still...better to assume than get your hopes up with them.

Old 11-17-2018, 06:25 PM

939 posts, read 505,804 times
Another one dimensional fraud (with horrible in-game coaching I might add) bites the dust. Say good bye to West Virginia’s playoff hopes. Can we not have four playoff worthy schools that field some semblance of a defense?

Old 11-17-2018, 10:07 PM

455 posts, read 651,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
Another one dimensional fraud (with horrible in-game coaching I might add) bites the dust. Say good bye to West Virginia’s playoff hopes. Can we not have four playoff worthy schools that field some semblance of a defense?
I think that’s exactly what we’re headed toward, if chalk holds...

Old 11-17-2018, 10:11 PM

455 posts, read 651,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
Yeah it is crazy they plan games like that 10 years out. By that time, Saban will have retired from Alabama and Dabo will be their head coach and Clemson will be back to sucking. lol
No, by that time Dabo will still be at Clemson having collected several more championships and Bama will be struggling with LAS (Life After Saban), lol...

Old 11-17-2018, 10:37 PM

17,579 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zumaboy View Post
No, by that time Dabo will still be at Clemson having collected several more championships and Bama will be struggling with LAS (Life After Saban), lol...

Yeah, this is the pipe dream of Alabama. Not gonna happen. Anyone who takes over Alabama will get endless comparisons to Saban that they likely have no chance of living up to.

Dabo going from a program that he took from a rather generic top-20 program (on good years) to consistent challenger for a National Championship.. To a program that only has one direction to go.. Down.. Makes no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football