Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2010, 11:36 PM

Location: Raleigh, NC but will be moving to Asheville in September to attend school of six (6) months
4 posts, read 18,068 times

Advertisements

Wake up eveybody! You had better know that this world is made up of people of many nationalities and that will not change. If you don't like people of a certain race, for whatever reason, it would be best for you to suck it up and get over it. Do you not understand that we are all created equally? North/South, East/West, whatever, everyone is entitled to live where they choose. This particular forum has gotten totally out of hand. It's ridiculous. Grow up!!

Old 07-17-2010, 11:49 PM

291 posts, read 752,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLABoyJ View Post
First time I have actually seen this. I must say simply because I was born here. I don't like the North, Northeast, West, Midwest, Southwest, Mid Atlantic, hawaii, Alaska, New England, none of that. There is a welcoming feeling and a warm emotion when I'm down south. As a black male I must say I do not think I would fit i anywhere else.
Good, Stay where you are at.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:45 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,018,880 times
What about the white people who choose to live in the Midwest? Is that racist?

Old 08-01-2010, 03:49 AM

73,005 posts, read 62,578,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
What about the white people who choose to live in the Midwest? Is that racist?
Blacks are living there too. Examples include Chicago, Detroit, Columbus(OH), Indianapolis, St. Louis, Milwaukee, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Peoria, Gary, Grand Rapids, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dayton, Akron, Ft. Wayne, Omaha, South Bend.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:46 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,411,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Blacks are living there too. Examples include Chicago, Detroit, Columbus(OH), Indianapolis, St. Louis, Milwaukee, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Peoria, Gary, Grand Rapids, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dayton, Akron, Ft. Wayne, Omaha, South Bend.
You could also throw in Duluth (MN), Rochester (MN), Kalamazoo, Lansing, Flint, Fargo, Grand Forks, Des Moines, Kansas City, Eau Claire (WI), Mankato, Madison (WI), Appleton (WI), Green Bay. Also, plenty of small towns throughout the Midwest. Blacks live throughout the Midwest.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwriter View Post
You could also throw in Duluth (MN), Rochester (MN), Kalamazoo, Lansing, Flint, Fargo, Grand Forks, Des Moines, Kansas City, Eau Claire (WI), Mankato, Madison (WI), Appleton (WI), Green Bay. Also, plenty of small towns throughout the Midwest. Blacks live throughout the Midwest.
That is true. Minnesota seems to have one of the fastest-growing African-American populations in the Midwest. Appleton, on the other hand, seems to be losing its African-American population.

The traditional migrations have been to go North, from the South. Today the pattern is to go South.

Old 08-01-2010, 12:02 PM

45 posts, read 165,531 times
Quote:
It depends on who you run into in the South and where you are in the South.
I think Atlanta is one of the most materialistic and unrealistic places to live. It's a very BEAUTIFUL city; however, its not a real picture of the real world for African Americans. Most AAs are not able to adapt and deal with the real world outside of Atlanta. Its not enough diversity. People live, work and shop in the same neighborhood. They move to other parts of the country and not able to deal with people of other cultures and end up moving back to Atlanta.

Old 08-01-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugacoles View Post
I think Atlanta is one of the most materialistic and unrealistic places to live. It's a very BEAUTIFUL city; however, its not a real picture of the real world for African Americans. Most AAs are not able to adapt and deal with the real world outside of Atlanta. Its not enough diversity. People live, work and shop in the same neighborhood. They move to other parts of the country and not able to deal with people of other cultures and end up moving back to Atlanta.
This sounds no different than how many White people live.

Old 08-01-2010, 12:53 PM

2,330 posts, read 4,400,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugacoles View Post
Quote:
This sounds no different than how many White people live.
Thats the typical mindset of people from most parts of the South......

Old 08-01-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
Thats the typical mindset of people from most parts of the South......
Atlanta at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.