Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2014, 09:12 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Just give me a grocer that delivers or I can pick up my weeks worth of groceries via a drive thru. My wife and I just don't like grocery shopping. Some chains up north offer this convenience, I don't see why it can't be implemented down here.
Delivery and pick up services are not bad ideas. I do not think the demand is strong enough in the market, and supermarkets are easily accessible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 09:27 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Seinfeld View Post
Looks like some land being cleared on both sides of The Parkway? Anybody know what for? I assume hotels
Where on The Parkway are the clearings?

Old 10-22-2014, 09:53 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Delivery and pick up services are not bad ideas. I do not think the demand is strong enough in the market, and supermarkets are easily accessible.
I think there would be demand if the services were available here. Wegman's and other up-scale grocery stores offer the service. Amazon offers it in some metro areas, and Walmart is getting into the game. So obviously they see a need.

Old 10-22-2014, 01:57 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,362,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Just give me a grocer that delivers or I can pick up my weeks worth of groceries via a drive thru. My wife and I just don't like grocery shopping. Some chains up north offer this convenience, I don't see why it can't be implemented down here.
I think Harris Teeter may have tried this in Charlotte.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:07 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,598,419 times
I think that's a good idea I had for TR SC. Food city would great to have in SC

Old 10-23-2014, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL fan View Post
I think that's a good idea I had for TR SC. Food city would great to have in SC
Food City is unlikely to expand here in SC. Although there is a chance Bi-Lo could eventually be acquired by a new corporate parent, which includes the remaining Winn Dixie stores in Florida.

Old 10-23-2014, 07:28 PM

Also on Ponisset highway where the old Ingles i would like to see a , nice Save Lot then there is empty land in front of Lowes on the same RD i would like to see a , Roy Rogers , then the old Dixe restaurant on Poisset highway I would like to it tron down and a , Pandda Express there then at old tee shirt factory was on the same RD I would like to see a , Izod store then on the same RD I would like to see a , NY Style Deli , Krispy Kreme Dougerts , PGA Golf Shop , Sweet Fog , Nike store then at the Gean's in Downtown Greenville i would like to see it torn down and put a , Local SC Cafe for luch breakfast , luch and dinner with , free WFI , free USA today , nice restrooms then there is empty land near there it was a Litlle shopping area it's next to a New Doc office on the empty land , i would like to see a , Small Harris Tetter then where the old Bilo was in Downtown Greenville i would like to see a , Kogers also roads fix and clean up on Ponissit highway also there is empty building on Ponisset highway after you pass CherryDale Point going to the old Dixe well at the empty Bulding I would like to see a , Kicken Chicken there

Old 10-24-2014, 11:33 AM

Also there is a empty blinding next to Publix near Furman , the empty building use to be Hallmark , I would like to see a , House of bath store there also there is empty buildings at CherryDale Point ,I would like to see a , Lids , Sperry Shoe Store , Lofts Store , Levi's store , City BQQ , Nike store , RL Polo Store , Gap Oulet then then the empty land next to GT Express i would like to see a , Big Boy Restaurent than on Lauren's RD and Haywood Rd where the old Ruggerd Wearhouse use to be I would low to see a , Diesel jeans Oulet ,

Old 10-24-2014, 07:10 PM

I am all for a Roy Rogers and a Big Boy.

Old 10-25-2014, 09:00 AM

Me to I think there would do well here in Greenville SC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area