Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2008, 08:32 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATOGAMO View Post
That would mean archor babies are already working illegally too, uh? nice try. Come on, give us a break in the forum. Thank you.
Most Anchors whose parents are from Latin America speak Spanish; do they not?

If/when their parents are deported------most of the above age 17 on down kids will probably go to their parents' homelands.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:40 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,855 times
This thread started out in the Florida forum about want ads showing a preference for bilingual applicants. Keep it on the topic of bilingual preferred employment opportunities or this thread will be closed for going off topic and personal insults.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:18 PM

451 posts, read 310,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Factoring out the illegal immigrants and their Anchor Babies; I think not.
These anchor babies are U.S.citizens just like the rest of us, they deserve all our respect and support.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:20 PM

451 posts, read 310,828 times
Quote:
Most Anchors whose parents are from Latin America speak Spanish; do they not?

If/when their parents are deported------most of the above age 17 on down kids will probably go to their parents' homelands.

Is this some more wishful thinking?

Old 03-26-2008, 09:21 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
These anchor babies are U.S.citizens just like the rest of us, they deserve all our respect and support.
I agree with you and yes they deserve respect and support.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:26 PM

79 posts, read 46,364 times
Quote:
Factoring out the illegal immigrants and their Anchor Babies; I think not.
Anchor babies. Low blow. Below the belt. Nice one.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:09 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John75 View Post
Besides having prejudice, you stereotype people also. You think learning a second lanuage happens overnight. Why don't you learn one.

My latino friends all speak english, although not PERFECT, they speak it and write it. I have one friend who has better english grammar than some of my American friends. So stop your sterotypical, baseless, hateful agenda.

Did a Latino beat you up in school?
Even though you're no longer a member, I feel the need to respond to this BS. For one, I do know another language, it's just not Spanish, so looks like it may be you who stereotypes. Second, the point of my posts is not against speaking Spanish, it is about Spanish speaking people who come to this country and make no attempt to learn English and those who cater to this that I have a problem with. Try reading my posts, and comprehending my words. If being upset about this means I have a "hateful agenda", then so I be it, I could really care less if that's you're interpretation. And in answer to your immature last question, no, but a few tried and failed miserably.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
It's a matter of common sense, the numbers don't lie ,and they show that we have two predominant languages in the country, English and Spanish.
Because of so many Spanish speakers making no attempt to learn English, and companies who cater to them, hence my frustration on the subject.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Nice post and I of course agree with you. My latino friends also speak English and when I go to Mexico, it is few and far between to find people that do not speak english. The only reason that the topic is not popular on this forum is because some choose to tie Spanish with "illegals" and they don't have any use for them, although there are "illegals that also speak english. Since we have so many of our businesses out sourced when you call for help on something you may get someone from India answering your questions, they also speak english but it is sometimes hard to understand.
The world is changing and more people are becoming citizens in this country
and I do not have a problem with it.
Sassy
You agree with his insulting rant? Then perhaps you too need to read and comprehend my posts.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:19 PM

19 posts, read 54,049 times
I'm sorry you "hate" seeing that title. Although I'm not latino, I am an HR professional responsible for recruiting bilinguals among others and the reality is, if the need wasn't there, companies wouldn't require it. For positions in Japan, my company may require you to speak Japanese.

As long as organizations are profiting from certain groups of people and the volume supports the business need, they will have the supply for the demand. The Spanish language is wonderful and I hope to be fluent myself to take advantage of increased opportunities.

Perhaps you can do the same that way for you, it would not be "difficult for an English speaking accounting/financial professional to get a job without speaking Spanish fluently in Miami?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration