Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2009, 10:35 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
You understand that if that all the illegal immigrants were to leave out of CA, the economy of CA would crash. The net migration of Californians would be outbound and we would lose a significant amount of sales revenue.

Regardless of the fact that when you post a quote, it is implied you would actually respond to it, not go out onto a a tangent.
The costs of providing 'free' medical care and education along with the money spent incarcerating the one who commit crimes would probably far outstrip any losses due to the sales tax they pay.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:54 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Give me a break...

(REMEMBER, I'm a White person with a family that's been in the country for 4 generations)

I live 8 miles from the Mexican Border and I don't have these problems...and I an not an ignorant racist...I speak Spanish and understand that "we" stole this land from Mexicans, mostly starting in the mid-1800s. You know those roads and those missions? Yeah, they were built by Spanish speaking people. Los Angeles...hmm, what language is that city's name in? What about Santa Ana? Santa Monica? San Diego? San Francisco?
The gringo stole their land. Got it. By your reasoning, and I use that term very loosely, we should be required to return Baton Rouge LA, Boise ID and Des Moines IA to the French; Anaheim CA, New Braunfels TX and Schaumburg IL to the Germans and Aberedeen SD to the Scots. Do we need to give Lebanon MO back to the Lebanese? This is nonsense.

Quote:
Hmm...almost every single major city in California has a Spanish name.
Hmmm... almost every major city in the Northeast has a European sounding name. Your point being?

Quote:
I've seen plenty of white-filled trailer parks filled with white-trash rednecks that blast their death metal and crash their cars on meth-fueled rages. I also see black people hanging out on street corners dealing drugs. I see Asians breaking into cars. So what? People are flawed, you can't single out one specific race/nationality without looking at your own too.

People like you have done a lot to ruin this country too...
The whites, blacks and asians you describe are citizens of this country, thus it is our responsibility to deal with them. The illegals do all of the above and in addition they are not supposed to be here.

Quote:
You are such a prejudiced racist that it's sad. You attribute all those things to "illegals" when many of them are just as bad coming from legal white rednecks like you. A white-owned pitbull bit off half of my girlfriend's brother's face and he's had to live his life with half of his face disfigured because a white person was irresponsible with their dog. I was also bitten (only on the arm, but I still had to go to the emergency room) by a white person's dog when I was a kid.
Sounds like dogs don't like you.

Quote:
What about the clothing sentence? That doesn't even make sense. Where are you shopping at?
Ok, Einstein. What is a 'clothing sentence'. I am led to suspect that this is not being written in a dorm room at MIT.

Quote:
Just admit that you're a racist and this will be easier. You hate Mexicans, you don't care about their legality, you want them all gone so you can live in your fairy-tale vision of what suburbia should be. You want the "Leave it to Beaver" lifestyle...if you hate California, please get out of here, we really don't want people like you here. Stop complaining.
I want illegals gone. All of them.

Last edited by andreabeth; 05-22-2009 at 11:18 AM..

Old 05-22-2009, 11:11 AM

807 posts, read 1,303,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Oh my god, how dumb can some people be.
LEFTY REFLECTS MY HANDEDNESS, NOT MY POLITICAL AFFILIATION! It says it right there below my name. I'm a registered Republican, Navy Veteran, White, Heterosexual, Little-League Coaching, Hard-Working American who loves his country.

Just because something is a law, doesn't mean it's right. We had Jim Crow laws, do you think they were right and should not have been fought? What about the Prohibition laws? Or the laws forbidding blacks and women from voting?

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free" is the United States I believe in. The same country that accepted Germans, Irish, Italians, Russians, Swedes and all those other white people who brought their own cultures and traditions to this country. A generation or two later, and those traditions became American traditions. It's called the "melting pot" and it's one of the main ideals this nation was founded on. If you don't like that, move to an all-white country with closed borders...

Trust me, the OP just screams RACIST from the words used like "mariachi clown music" and all your stereotyping. Give me a break. You are a racist, just admit it and your life will be easier. The first step is acceptance.

How can you claim that you're not racist against Mexicans when you don't mention the Asian immigrants, the white ones or the African immigrants. Only about 50% of immigrants are Mexican...
Comparing "Jim Crow" laws to illegal immigration is ridiculous!! The Africans that were brought here as Slaves were NOT paid and did NOT receive ANY of the perks that illegal aliens from Mexico are receiving! Illegal Aliens CHOSE to break the law and come into the country illegally, the people that worked as Slaves did NOT have a choice and were stolen from their homeland to work for FREE!! So, STOP with your revisionist history, Illegal Immigration and The Civil Rights movement are TWO Completely different things!

The Majority of Immigrants that arrive in this country Illegally are from Mexico.. My Grandma and my mother WERE immigrants that came into this country from Japan and did so LEGALLY, my Grandma had a job (NO Government handouts) , learned ENGLISH and became a citizen.. She loves America and the opportunites that have been afforded to her!!

When someone comes into this country ILLEGALLY and demands the same rights as those that came to this country LEGALLY, they are slapping the faces of the millions of people that WISH to become U.S. Citizens or have gone about this the legal way..

You Pro-Illegal types fail to see what this is doing to our country... If you are going to go around playing the race card, maybe it can be assumed that people that believe that Illegal Aliens should be entitled to play by "Special Rules" are also racist.. You are racist against those that play by the rules to come into this country legally, you are racist against those that suffer due to lost work, identity theft, etc.. because of Illegal Immigration... Obviously allowing to one group of people to have more priviledges than another SCREAMS racist to me!

Old 05-22-2009, 11:19 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Illegal Mexican immigrants are not a problem in the part of CA I live in. It's fellow Americans.

I hope everyone realizes that even if all the illegal immigrants left today there would still be a huge Hispanic population in California. Music and all.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:47 AM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,852,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Comparing "Jim Crow" laws to illegal immigration is ridiculous!! The Africans that were brought here as Slaves were NOT paid and did NOT receive ANY of the perks that illegal aliens from Mexico are receiving! Illegal Aliens CHOSE to break the law and come into the country illegally, the people that worked as Slaves did NOT have a choice and were stolen from their homeland to work for FREE!! So, STOP with your revisionist history, Illegal Immigration and The Civil Rights movement are TWO Completely different things!

The Majority of Immigrants that arrive in this country Illegally are from Mexico.. My Grandma and my mother WERE immigrants that came into this country from Japan and did so LEGALLY, my Grandma had a job (NO Government handouts) , learned ENGLISH and became a citizen.. She loves America and the opportunites that have been afforded to her!!

When someone comes into this country ILLEGALLY and demands the same rights as those that came to this country LEGALLY, they are slapping the faces of the millions of people that WISH to become U.S. Citizens or have gone about this the legal way..

You Pro-Illegal types fail to see what this is doing to our country... If you are going to go around playing the race card, maybe it can be assumed that people that believe that Illegal Aliens should be entitled to play by "Special Rules" are also racist.. You are racist against those that play by the rules to come into this country legally, you are racist against those that suffer due to lost work, identity theft, etc.. because of Illegal Immigration... Obviously allowing to one group of people to have more priviledges than another SCREAMS racist to me!

How someone could compare opposition to illegal immigration to Jim Crow laws is beyond me.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:55 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post

How someone could compare intentional illegal immigration to Jim Crow laws is beyond me.
Because the pro illegal types are running scared----------they know that it is a question of when; not if, when it will be 'open season' on them by law enforcement.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:58 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
To leftydan6 and everyone else: when the Hispanics who came to what is now Mexico subjugated the Aztecs, etc. return to Spain; then us Americans will return to Europe. Besides: the Aztecs beat up weaker 'indigenous' groups as well prior to 1492........perhaps they need to return to their ancestral homelands.

Deal?

Old 05-22-2009, 12:05 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post

You are absolutely right! As a black person, I consider it an affront to have the plight of blacks during the Jim Crow era compared to these manipulative border jumpers. Recently, a pro-illegal even compared the deportation of illegal aliens to the separation of families during slavery.

Old 05-22-2009, 12:31 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,224,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
You understand that if that all the illegal immigrants were to leave out of CA, the economy of CA would crash. The net migration of Californians would be outbound and we would lose a significant amount of sales revenue.
No,what would happen is that state spending on social services would decrease sharply,the cost of law enforcement drop,housing become more affordable,businesses would stay instead of leaving the state,former residents would return,and the general quality of life increase.Oh yes,and the economy of California has ALREADY crashed,and the illegal situation bears a major share of the blame.

Old 05-22-2009, 01:01 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I hope everyone realizes that even if all the illegal immigrants left today there would still be a huge Hispanic population in California. Music and all.
What is your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration