Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2008, 08:10 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,424,082 times

Advertisements

Well....we're packing! Actually, we're going to have our first stack of packed boxes organized in the back room today. We have the area all lined out where all of our "stuff" will go. We measured off the size of the trailer that we'll be loading into, so we can get a visual as go along of how much space we're filling. Fortunately, the back room is a closed-in garage, so we have plenty of room in there. Works out well!

We've slowed down a bit on sorting and packing since the holidays kicked into full swing, but today is going to be another moving prep day. I need one to keep myself on track. After a really hot job lead came in the other day from Calais, my heart is skipping a few beats and wondering if we'll be pushing our moving date up a few weeks to the 1st part of February. Brad is going to call today to talk to the person he was referred to, so we'll see where that goes. Keep your fingers crossed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 08:57 AM

Location: Hidin' out on the Mexican border;about to move to the Canadian border
732 posts, read 1,341,190 times
Sounds like you'll be getting there around the time we will. I've got it a lot easier. The most stressful part of moving for me is the packing and getting it form point A to point B. This time, the company will do all that. We've started sorting stuff to get rid of. The truck is packed for stops at the thrift store and the library's used book store. Now if they'll just give us the $%^&* date!

Old 12-22-2008, 09:21 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,102,570 times
I can't wait for you *both* to get here!! El, I hope Brad hears "how soon can you get here?" instead of, "how'd you know? that just happened!"

Old 12-23-2008, 04:08 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,520,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Well....we're packing! Actually, we're going to have our first stack of packed boxes organized in the back room today. We have the area all lined out where all of our "stuff" will go. We measured off the size of the trailer that we'll be loading into, so we can get a visual as go along of how much space we're filling. Fortunately, the back room is a closed-in garage, so we have plenty of room in there. Works out well!

We've slowed down a bit on sorting and packing since the holidays kicked into full swing, but today is going to be another moving prep day. I need one to keep myself on track. After a really hot job lead came in the other day from Calais, my heart is skipping a few beats and wondering if we'll be pushing our moving date up a few weeks to the 1st part of February. Brad is going to call today to talk to the person he was referred to, so we'll see where that goes. Keep your fingers crossed!
Ohh too exciting.. crossing fingers and toes(shaved too)!

Old 12-23-2008, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
I can't wait for you *both* to get here!! El, I hope Brad hears "how soon can you get here?" instead of, "how'd you know? that just happened!"
He just got done with an accident on the freeway, but he'll be making that call as soon as the truck is restocked. It's raining here today, so they'll likely be busy all day. He said he's going to do it early so he doesn't get busy and forget. I'll let you know as soon as he talks to Vicky.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
Ohh too exciting.. crossing fingers and toes(shaved too)!
Woohoo!

Old 12-23-2008, 10:15 AM

Location: Hidin' out on the Mexican border;about to move to the Canadian border
732 posts, read 1,341,190 times
Let us know! What a Christmas!

Old 12-23-2008, 11:38 AM

263 posts, read 616,564 times
How exciting for you guys. Sending smooth move wishes your way.
Good luck Brad with the job.

Old 12-23-2008, 12:26 PM

134 posts, read 514,954 times
Good luck with the move.... we will be home this time next year as the construction on our home is going well and scheduled to be done this spring. After 20 years in the Air Force for both the wife and I and sticking around to work as Dept Of Defense contractors for a few years we have come to the realization that it was time to make the jump and move back "home". We have been in Europe for the last 14 years and as our time draws to a close we are sentimental but yet we are so ready to be back. In the grand scheme of life and everything/everyone you encounter and experience it is always good to know ..... you can actually go home. Thanks to everyone on the board as you have been great help and an inspiration. We are wishing all of you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Old 12-23-2008, 03:27 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,877,896 times
El, good for you! You must be so excited.

As for us, we have a dilemma. During our trip home, we discovered that Maine no longer feels like home. We really couldn't have cared less about being there, which came as a HUGE shock to both of us.

So, we don't like it here in WI and we don't feel like we belong in Maine anymore. Instead, we are left wondering just where we need to be to feel at home. Kinda sucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine